Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does Jim Zorn have against Devin Thomas?

shakinaiken

i've seen Devin in on a handful of plays, one of them was key third down conversion where he put asante on the ground with a fake... looks pretty good to me... i understand he's a rookie, but he's one of your most explosive playmakers, and in a game where we need points, it makes sense to play him...

i've seen Devin in on a handful of plays, one of them was key third down conversion where he put asante on the ground with a fake... looks pretty good to me... i understand he's a rookie, but he's one of your most explosive playmakers, and in a game where we need points, it makes sense to play him...

We change up personnel all the time. Portis isn't always on the field. Neither are Randle El, Yoder or Cooley.

Add to that the fact that he still probably hasn't learned the whole playbook, and he's not going to be in on every snap. I'd rather put him in for 5 plays that he knows 100% than play him for the sake of playing him.

man it just kills me atching Jackson of the eagles doing well, and knowing we have a pretty talented rookie reciever of our own, and instead hes the waterboy to james thrash

What a silly thread. The guy was known to be raw coming out of the draft. On top of that he missed time in training camp due to injury. As such, he doesn't fully understand the offense.

It kills me when posters make silly threads. He's getting far more PT than he would if Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders were running the offense, and as he and Malcolm Kelly learn more of the offense, their playing time will increase.

We don't know how much of the offense he knows and can process.

He is also a rookie, and Zorn does not want him running the wrong route that might lead to an interception. Jackson is explosive for the Birds, but he ran a bad route last week that was intercepted.

And, as others have said, we still have Moss, ARE, Cooley, etc. to throw too.

I dont think Zorn has anything against Thomas. Hes a back up to Moss. Moss, randel El and thrash are our top receivers. They have proved themselves. Id rather them in all the time instead of Thomas. Plus Thomas is making rookie mistakes. Hes had 3 offensive pass interference penalties in the last 2 games. Im glad thrash got to make a few key plays against his previous team.

What do the refs have against Devin Thomas. :(

Seriously. That offensive PI call was complete bull****. No way did Sheppard have any chance at making a play on the ball. I don't get that call. Assante Samuel holds James Thrash, nothing gets called. Bull****! We beat the Eagles and the refs today.

man it just kills me atching Jackson of the eagles doing well, and knowing we have a pretty talented rookie reciever of our own, and instead hes the waterboy to james thrash

Yea, no disrespect to Thrash, but Devin is more explosive and I thiink Zorn is gonna make Devin earn all his oppurtunities on the field. Hopefully he'll get more and more chances as the season goes on.

Just like I said with Campbell over and over again the last few years....... Give him time!!! Be patient!!

And Zorn is probably most upset about the 3 pass interference penalties more that anything..

I'm psyched about Thomas & Kelly. When they get going, we'll be flat out unstoppable.

Archived