Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does Jim Zorn have against Devin Thomas?

shakinaiken

I'm going to say something no one has said in this thread yet.

"Because he keeps making stupid rookie mistakes!!!"

What? No.. I didn't read the thread before posting. Why do you ask?

:doh:

This thread is perfect though, because after the OP asks the question Devin answers him directly with a bonehead play during the game! In a critical NFC East game none the less!

• 2 weeks later...
this thread is....

it's obvious. h'es killing drives with stupid penalties. one penalty is ok, but getting flagged for off. pass interferance is non-acceptable!

ARE is not dropping passes on critical plays and third downs, yet I dont see benching. Devon Thomas = David Patten - Brandon Lloyd 2.0?

We have stopped the Wr screens that worked so well with moss and Thomas and its confusing why I see Thrash playing the slot while Thomas is stuck doing sideline curls whenever he is in. If we arn't going to pass to him, why not just put him on punt return duty.

I don't think Zorn has anything against Thomas. In fact he's just a plain supporter if that's the case. Devin Thomas has been flagged about 3 times this season and he had a TD called back and another play called back, and then in the eagles game he did a mental error. So that's where Devin Thomas is at right now. He's a strong tough player, but he needs the NFL mentality to kick in and play smarter.

ARE is not dropping passes on critical plays and third downs, yet I dont see benching. Devon Thomas = David Patten - Brandon Lloyd 2.0?

We have stopped the Wr screens that worked so well with moss and Thomas and its confusing why I see Thrash playing the slot while Thomas is stuck doing sideline curls whenever he is in. If we arn't going to pass to him, why not just put him on punt return duty.

Exactly what I think, it's obvious that ARE is being warn out by returning punts. Thomas should be returning the punts. Despite the penalties, nobody can deny he has the speed and strength to do punt return. It's unfair to call him out on penalties, when every single rookie we've ever had has made mistakes. It's just apart of the game.

I don't see anyone calling for the benching of Rabach and he cost us a TD on a stupid penalty. :helmet:

Didn't Thomas have back to back offensive interference penalties, then when he saw the field a couple games later have another one that negated a crucial first down? That's what I have against Thomas, not sure about Zorn. Maybe the fact that playing him has cost us far more yardage than the 28 yards total he has given us? Maybe that's it. IDK.

Edit: I should correct myself. Thomas also had 16 yards on a reverse, which just about equals his penalties in total.

Exactly what I think, it's obvious that ARE is being warn out by returning punts. Thomas should be returning the punts. Despite the penalties, nobody can deny he has the speed and strength to do punt return. It's unfair to call him out on penalties, when every single rookie we've ever had has made mistakes. It's just apart of the game.

I don't see anyone calling for the benching of Rabach and he cost us a TD on a stupid penalty. :helmet:

Maybe we stop calling hooks and curls and let him run some actual routes, then he will have no chance at pushing off.

Simple. He can't get separation on fly routes, which is the only route Zorn trusts him to run.

Yet we see JC passing fly routes to Thrash week after week and Thrash doing nothing with them. Except for him grabbing that penalty against Samuel, he creates 0 separation, and when he does, he drops them.

Jim Zorn has nothing against Devin. The guy is raw, thats been quoted over and over again. He is learning the NFL game, its going to take time. I dont understand why some of you expect INSTANT gratification. Guys like Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal are an exception and not the norm. How much have we heard about Limas Sweed or Jordy Nelson? Chill out, dude has all the skills and will be a beast eventually.

Thomas is too busy getting Thrash his water. Thrash needs that water very badly to get his one catch a game. Do you think we would win without Thrash getting his catch? I don't. That water is what makes this team win. Without we are nothing. Without it, we are lost.

as long as its a big catch like the TD in dallas, I dont care if its 1 or 100

He is contributing as much as Thrash in a fraction of the time. He has one less catch and 5 more yards. The point is...if a position isn't contributing, let it be a rookie so he can learn.

No he's not. You're not subtracting the yards Thomas causes because of penalties (with or without the ball). Thomas has also been targeted more frequently than Thrash.

I thought Thrash was a solid receiver the past couple years but I think he's declined quite a bit this year.

We don't know how much of the offense he knows and can process.

He is also a rookie, and Zorn does not want him running the wrong route that might lead to an interception. Jackson is explosive for the Birds, but he ran a bad route last week that was intercepted.

And, as others have said, we still have Moss, ARE, Cooley, etc. to throw too.

mcnabb threw that to the wrong spot. An he does a lot more good for them then thomas has done for us. an thomas has made more mistakes than he has. But they said thomas was raw and jackson was more developed so hopefully over time he will come into his zone its still early

No he's not. You're not subtracting the yards Thomas causes because of penalties (with or without the ball). Thomas has also been targeted more frequently than Thrash.

I thought Thrash was a solid receiver the past couple years but I think he's declined quite a bit this year.

Comparing Thrash to NFL receivers... you got some nerve.

Archived