Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who won the VP debates?

Cooked Crack

Your Opinion of the Giants game and aftermath  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinion of the Giants game and aftermath

• Thought the game was a debacle- surprised that the Skins are a good team
    • Tough road game against the Superbowl Champs and division foe- not surprised that the Skins are good
    • Ditto option #2-But, didn't think Skins would be as good as we are now
    • Ditto option #1- Still don't think the Skins are a good team

The only thing I wish was a little bit more attack dog from Biden. I think he really could have just flattened her if he wanted to...But then everyone would be screaming bloody murder b/c she's a woman.

You do realize kept referring to one of the main generals she was talk about by the WRONG NAME.

He slipped up on one word? OMFG!

No, she called him by the same name Biden did,and he screwed up quite a few. In fact one he completely stopped and lost his train of thought, which a few people have called it being choked up, no, it's called not remembering what you're going to say.

I think what people fail to realize is that winning a debate isn't about delivering text book answers... Or sounding like you've been sitting in foreign relations committee hearings in DC for 30+ years. It's about connecting with the audience. I'm pretty sure Palin's approval rating will soar and Biden's won't change much at all. Both did well, but Palin will win in the court of public opinion.

ugh for what? Palin dodged questions left and right. She didn't give a definitive answer each time Biden nailed her on a tax related question.

So we should give Palin credit for not coming of as inexperienced as people thought she would be, even though Biden came across much more experienced and direct?

That in my opinion is total BS. Palin didn't even know half the stuff she was talking about. How many times did she bring up Obama voting for or against a bill in a negative light, while McCain had the same vote? How many times did she try to divert mortgage and tax questions to energy?

I knew the standards were set real low for her but jeez come on.

I think what people fail to realize is that winning a debate isn't about delivering text book answers... Or sounding like you've been sitting in foreign relations committee hearings in DC for 30+ years. It's about connecting with the audience. I'm pretty sure Palin's approval rating will soar and Biden's won't change much at all. Both did well, but Palin will win in the court of public opinion.

She was plummeting in the days before hand so much so that the bar can't help but soar if she didn't have a complete meltdown. So lets all welcome her back to zero.

No, she called him by the same name Biden did,and he screwed up quite a few. In fact one he completely stopped and lost his train of thought, which a few people have called it being choked up, no, it's called not remembering what you're going to say.

He was talking about his wife and children being killed in a car crash.

Geez, not only are you a moronic right wing nut job you're also an *******.

ugh for what? Palin dodged questions left and right. She didn't give a definitive answer each time Biden nailed her on a tax related question.

So we should give Palin credit for not coming of as inexperienced as people thought she would be, even though Biden came across much more experienced and direct?

That in my opinion is total BS. Palin didn't even know half the stuff she was talking about. How many times did she bring up Obama voting for or against a bill in a negative light, while McCain had the same vote? How many times did she try to divert mortgage and tax questions to energy?

I knew the standards were set real low for her but jeez come on.

Oh you mean she did the same thing as Biden...I agree.

Palin was impressive- I have to admit. Maybe it's because the bar was set so low. I was actually expecting a train wreck tonight - I thought she might fold in front of America. But she didn't, she actually did very well.

That said, it wasn't much of a debate. It was pretty much an opportunity to rehash talking points. Just once I'd like to see one of these "moderators" actually PRESS the candidate to ANSWER THE QUESTION. Sheesh that is annoying.

As for who won? I'll answer in two parts. Part 1- I think Palin displayed a lot more charisma and believability than Biden. I believe her when she tells me that she understands the struggles of the everday American. Who wouldn't? She is one for crying out loud. Also, her "six pack joe" and "say it ain't so joe" comments I think connected with the average American. At least more than Biden drolling on about the technicalities of Senate politics.

As for part 2, and the most important part in my mind- the question is which one of the two I'd rather have as the 2nd most important person in the world, and one heartbeat away from the Presidency. The answer? Biden. But I guess I knew that going in.

So who do I think won? I don't think it matters. Biden would make the better VP and better President, end of subject. I think most Americans know that, and the anticipation surrounding tonights debate was due mostly to folks curious to see a train wreck- or at minimum learn more about Palin.

I don't think he mentioned any name. He just said the commender in Afghanistan.

You're flat out wrong. She referred to Mcclellan as a general multiple times. There's no general by that name. The end.

Dude get the **** out of here. He got choked up when talking about the fact that his wife and child died. He was talking about raising children by himself.

Insinuating it wasn't genuine is flat out insane.

I scored it a tie with both making some points,but overall disappointed in both of them.

I wish there were VP debateS;)

Both are capable of much better imo,but playing second fiddle and toeing the ticket line restricts their individuality.

Biden won, but not by a huge margin because of the Palin expectations.

Biden was knowledgeable, authoritative, and showed compassion. Better, he addressed the questions. You got a clear sense that he knew what he was talking about and had a plan.

In the first half of the debate, Palin's answers weren't even remotely on the topic of the question. She was personable, but vague. She made a few attacks and had two very strong answers towards the middle third, but overall was just sort of folksy and didn't look in command of any topic (other than oil in which she did okay)

I'd give Biden a B+ and Palin a C

If I were to grade based on expectations and not on what they actually said, I'd give Palina B and still give Biden a B+

Palin is horrible, in every sense of the word.

She hardly answered any questions asked of her. She is terrible. She was clearly coached up and gave political right wing answers. She just plain ol', don't get the issues. I'm tired of her shtick. I was waiting for her to end every sentence with "Don'tcha know?". I was hoping to get to know Palin during this debate. I got nothing but a coached up Canadian dancing around the issues.

Luckily for McCain, Palin isn't deciding the election for me. I'm still undecided.

Oh you mean just like you...I agree :finger:

38 and a douche bag, awesome.

Palin is a giant piece of crap, and I am now more scared then ever if she is given any sort of power. She is the same as Bush and i'm tired of that *******s bull****. I'm just angry, that people can actually like her, and that is a bad thing to say, but I just can't believe people would let a hockey mom run the ****ing united states of america...and hockey isn't even an entertaining sport.

Archived