Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who won the VP debates?

Cooked Crack

Your Opinion of the Giants game and aftermath  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinion of the Giants game and aftermath

• Thought the game was a debacle- surprised that the Skins are a good team
    • Tough road game against the Superbowl Champs and division foe- not surprised that the Skins are good
    • Ditto option #2-But, didn't think Skins would be as good as we are now
    • Ditto option #1- Still don't think the Skins are a good team

While Obama and Biden keep saying 'same old policies', you can look up the policies and read them for yourself and know that they aren't the same as Bush's. However, Obama and Biden ARE the same old politicians that we've all been used to for years. McCain and Palin are a breath of fresh air. Let's get people in there that are more like us and not political robots.

I Repeat

Conservative and Liberal monkeys will support their respective candidates if they spent the whole debate on all fours barking like a dog..

this is a thread about the debate.. you mentioned not one thing about the debate in that worthless post.. For once in my life I'd like to discuss politics without 90% of the country droning off mindless talking points from Rush Limbaugh and Air America.. both of which are equally intellectually offensive..

Elites have a tough time with genuine people
Who are you calling an Elite? Seriously...

Thats what I was thinking. I think of the 4 candidates the only one that would not be "elite" is Obama. Palin may also fall into that category. I'm not sure of her family monetary history.

The Establishment that can't handle accents

And

Liberals that hate Country Music :D

Huh... I hate her overused accent and I like country music (except for that modern drivel), so where does that put me? Keep in mind I have a quote about drinking PBR in my sig.

She sucks... elitism has nothing to do with it.

Palin is horrible, she needs to go build an igloo instead. How the **** can people like her and Dumbya ever be elected? Has the education system in this country completely gone to ****? If Obama was white this election would be over months ago because McInsane who wants to start a war with Iran and Palin the dumbass hockey ***** should never ever get a vote from anyone with more than 1 brain cell. I don't know how people like Palin ever get to hold a public office but she is so ****ing clueless it makes baby jesus cry.

The curse words you use totally diminish any valid point you try to make, and make you look small. You also assume that any white person who isn't voting for Obama is a racist bigot. Gee, thanks....it's not everyday people like myself get this insulted and stereotyped. Oh well....but you're a liberal democrat, right? And it's all ok right? No biggie...and I'm not surprised....this kind of angry rhetoric is typical from you and your buddies on the left.

The curse words you use totally diminish any valid point you try to make, and make you look small. You also assume that any white person who isn't voting for Obama is a racist bigot. Gee, thanks....it's not everyday people like myself get this insulted and stereotyped. Oh well....but you're a liberal democrat, right? And it's all ok right? No biggie...and I'm not surprised....this kind of angry rhetoric is typical from you and your buddies on the left.

And grouping intelligent Democrats in the same category with nutjobs like him is typical of you.

This is all BS.

I watched as both candidates dodged questions multiple times.

What programs would you have to drop if you were in power?

What's your real Achilles heel?

Many, many more....

In fact she would answer her questions with, "Let me talk about" this... or "Let me talk about" that.

Bull crap. I was the first to call him out, followed by at least one more liberal. Your stereotyping and pigeonholing make you look small. This is the first time I think I've ever felt deserved of an apology on this board. How dare you lump one racist comment on to all liberals. :mad:

It was a more entertaining debate then the first presidential one, and I thought both accounted themselves as well as they could for their abilities, but I thought Joe Biden was clearly ahead in his performance during this debate. Biden had a better grasp of the subject matter - Palin seemed like she was often repeating memorized, canned responses.

I don't need "folksy" - I need informed responses. While I don't agree with all of Biden's stances, he definitely seemed more accomplished with his answers. Palin replies were a bit smarmy at time, which made me squirm a little bit; I really do not care for her speaking style, which probably colors my opinion of her answers.

Also, Palin claimed to be an energy "expert," but I saw little of this expertise at hand during the debate, just more repeated McCain platform mantras. She seemed to have a much better handled on foreign policy issues, but obviously Biden has been involved with such subject matter for a long time in Congress.

The issue of Cheney's interpretation of the VP office and its role in the Executive branch appeared during the questioning, and it is a bit disappointing that Palin agrees with Cheney. As I said in another thread, to me, I think this is a very important issue - I would not be comfortable with Palin trying to expand the role of her position.

Biden won this easily. Sarah held her own. This is over. Only question left, how big of a win Obama has. Biden made the case against Mccain far better than Obama did. Actually, he may made the final death blows against Mccain.

I think Sarah just set herself up for higher office in the Republican party and once she gets some national experience, ie being a Senator; I could see her running for president in 8 or 12 years.

Once the focus become the economy, it was over for Mccain. Mccain can't make his case on how he would handle the economy. Obama is playing right up to everyone's fears and pushing his middle class tax cut, which will never happen.

Honestly, there really shouldn't be any undecideds as far as to whether you are voting for Mccain or Obama.

What College did Obama go to again?

It's not the college you go to that determines your "elite" staus, it's the route you took to get there.

Take Bush for instance. Daddy had to pull string to get him into college. Thats elitism.

I don't suffer fools well.

That would include Sarah Palin, and you.

You honestly think that "genuine" trumps knowledgeable?

Did you see that debate?

Sarah Palin is clueless, most of the regular contributors to this thread would know more about politics than she does.

They have pulled the entire sheep over your eyes.

I think you just proved his point with such statements. But hey, I saw the debate and believed she won. I seriously doubt that at your age, you know more about politics than Gov. Palin. You may not like her for whatever reason(s), but to toss such insults simply proves his one liner.

I Repeat

this is a thread about the debate.. you mentioned not one thing about the debate in that worthless post..

You didn't hear any references from Biden about the 'same old policies' of Bush? WOW - something is wrong with you. Don't worry, you'll hear them bring it up again and again and again.

Thats what I was thinking. I think of the 4 candidates the only one that would not be "elite" is Obama. Palin may also fall into that category. I'm not sure of her family monetary history.

Biden and McCain both married into affluent families. Palin and Obama are on roughly equal footing from a financial standpoint.

The important distinction you need to make here, though, is that "elite" isn't being used to represent its traditional definition so much as it is to represent "people I can't relate to".

Archived