Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Feature: Ask A Cheerleader.

themurf

Alright folks, we are fully aware of the potential landmines here, but we've done our best to convince the powers that be that the ES faithful can handle this without embarrassing ourselves and screwing it up for everyone.

We're starting a new feature, called "Ask A Cheerleader," where you, the fan, will be able to submit questions for one of the First Ladies of Football. Since I came on board in 2005 we've talked to pretty much every player on the roster, but we've never brought the fans closer to any of the Redskins cheerleaders before.

If you've ever wanted to know what kind of commitment goes into being a professional cheerleader or what perks, if any, come with the job, well, this is your chance to ask. If you'd like to learn what these ladies do in their free time when they're not on the sidelines, we'll probably get into that too.

Consider this our probation period. If everyone can handle this in a mature manner, then we may be able to work with more than cheerleader and turn this into a regular feature. If you're just hanging around to leave mean-spirited or ill-advised comments, this will probably be a one-shot deal.

So let's put our best foot forward and have some folks leave comments to this thread with some questions they'd like to ask a Redskins cheerleader, if given the opportunity. Thanks for your time.

How many hours a week do you:

Work out with the cheerleaders?

Work out in the gym?

Work your regular job?

Why did you want to become a cheerleader?

Tell us one thing people would be surprised to learn about being a cheerleader for the Redskins.

Do you get nervous before a performance/game?

What's the funniest/weirdest thing that has happened to you or that you have seen why doing an event?

Have you ever had an "equipment malfunction?"

Do you have a significant other and what do they think of your cheerleading?

How many hours a week do you:

Work out with the cheerleaders?

Work out in the gym?

Work your regular job?

Why did you want to become a cheerleader?

Tell us one thing people would be surprised to learn about being a cheerleader for the Redskins.

Do you get nervous before a performance/game?

What's the funniest/weirdest thing that has happened to you or that you have seen why doing an event?

Have you ever had an "equipment malfunction?"

Do you have a significant other and what do they think of your cheerleading?

Okay, clearly JJ has been waiting awhile to ask these questions lol. Here's mine:

-did you have a favorite team other than the Redskins before you joined the squad, and if so which was it?

-what specifically motivated you to join the First Ladies of Football?

-in order, what is a) the most rewarding, and B) the least rewarding part of your duties as a First Lady?

Thanks!

On average, how many guys (both drunk or sober) ask you out per game?

Now, how many of them do it with their wives/significant others nearby?

It may seem like a joke, but I've always wondered. Even sitting in the Obstructed View section I can hear people calling out the cheerleaders, moving closer (11 rows from field), its a lot more.

Ladies, I would like to pre-apologize for any inappropriate comments & questions that are sure to be coming soon... Too bad there is no such electronic-mace sprays.

Perhaps if the mods were to promise extremely harsh penalties for absolutely juvenile bs this Q&A feature might make it past the first session...?

Were you cheerleaders in High School & College(if you attended)? And what, if anything, is fulfilling about cheerleading for you(how does it add/subtract to your portfolio/resume?)

One more: a) Have you ever felt uneasy by a fan's/player's remarks or actions while in a cheerleader capacity? B) How cold is it wearing that uniform in December? I know the panty hose keep your legs warm...but I don't know how yall do that in 20 degree weather...I was never a cheerleader mainly b/c of that...just curious.

I'd be curious to know if any cheerleaders are "underground" ES members.

We hear you all don't get paid a lot to do this. So what's the biggest reason you wanted to become a Skins cheerleader?

Which people treat you nicer? Fans, players or stadium staff persons?

Sometimes I'm sure it becomes difficult to cheer during games, and everyone has days that just don't go right, but since it's your job you've had to persevere. What's been the most difficult game you've had to "make" it through? What caused the problems, bad weather, losing the game, not feeling well or other circumstances?

Archived