Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about a little praise for Jansens play? (merged)

Passizle

This is a tough call. Jansen has played great. Heyer has been hurt and it is difficult to lose your job because of injury.

However, how is Heyer going to get better if he doesn't play. When he is healthy, our next couple of opponents are good teams in which to get Heyer some experience.

Heyer is the future and not Jansen.

However, Jansen is playing great, is a veteran and is a better run blocker than Heyer.

They should wait until Heyer is healthy.

Its just fantastic to have such depth in my opinion. Fortunately Jansen is such a professional that he didn't ***** and wine about his demotion. He exemplified professionalism and just remained postive and patient. He was fantastic again today. Either way it is rreally nice to know that we have youth, veteran leadership and depth on the offensive line. They were just amazing today. That was the best rush defense in the league. I am just floating on air right now. HAIL!

well its not exactly balenced; we're a running team, and that fits jansen skill set. But i will say this: Zorn does not go down the field with Jansen in there. Just a fact. Campbell didnt do any seven step drops. The one time in the game we tried, campbell got sacked, with pressure from the right side.. so i dont know, on one hand we're winning, but on a another we're becoming one dimensional..

WTF are you talking about? If you think the only way to be balanced is by throwing deep then you don't know what you are talking about.

Last week we did go deep, but the way you tell if an offense is balanced is by the run/pass ratio and last week it was almost dead even. This week we went with the running game due to the fact they couldn't stop it, period and having to respect our passing game played a big part in that. That's what makes us a balanced offense.

Zorn may be the the ultimate motivator. Heyer did outplay Jansen in the preseason.

By sitting on the bench for 3 games, it appears Jansen has now recaptured some of the aggressiveness that he was not showing early on.

Make no mistake. Zorn didn't make the wrong decision based on what he saw in the preseason, it is JANSEN HIMSELF who has elevated his game :)

agreed, Jansen is back...to the old jansen we all know and love!!
I expected JJ to rekindle his old self this preseason. Better late than never. I would hesitate putting Heyer back in, but Zorn has stated the job is Heyer's to lose when he is healthy again. Of course, that's what Blache said about Doughty too.

It was a good game for Jansen and the entire O-line. The running game seems a lot better when Jansen's playing. And the running game helps open up things for the passing game.

Glad to see Jansen playing at such a decent level again. Whoever starts, this gives the Skins more depth at O-line.

I am going to admit that I was strongly in the Jansen can't play anymore camp. To me he's looked absolutely terrible for 3-4 years and when he wasn't injured DEs would run right around him like he wasn't even there.

Maybe the demotion woke him up, but whatever it is, he's held his own against some pretty strong front lines so far. Kudos to him, after a punishing ground game in consecutive weeks I really don't see how Zorn could possibly justify replacing him when Heyer gets healthy.

I agree. I know a lot of people were pretty high on Heyer, and Jansen looked poor in pass protection early on this year(the sack in this game was his fault as well), but its no coincidence that the emergence of our dominant running game has coincided with the past two weeks, when Jansen has been filling in for Heyer.

This is the importance of the offensive line....

And this also allows Chris Cooley to get his yards.

There's nothing wrong with Heyer... He's just not starter material (well, maybe he can develop into one but not yet). Hopefully we focus on shoring up the line next year.

Starting with center. We still don't have a good inside push... It was all Portis on that 4th and 1.

This is the importance of the offensive line....

And this also allows Chris Cooley to get his yards.

There's nothing wrong with Heyer... He's just not starter material (well, maybe he can develop into one but not yet). Hopefully we focus on shoring up the line next year.

Starting with center. We still don't have a good inside push... It was all Portis on that 4th and 1.

I think they are both pretty close to equal. Heyer getting the edge on pass pro, JJ on rushing. Tough call there. Heyer should be on the upswing and JJ has been declining, but he seems to have found some good game left. So we have a little RT controversy. lol. I've seen worse problems.

I don't know what game you were watching but on most passing downs Jansen was getting pushed 5 yards into the backfield which forced Campbell to move. On both long bombs to Moss we would've had a TD but Jansen was getting pushed right into JC which forced him to throw without setting his feet.

hmm...that's funny, because I watched a game where Jason Campbell got sacked only once by a team that was averaging over 4 sacks a game.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong date.

Archived