Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buck and Aikman to cover Philly game

Saqs

Aikman .... I don't know why but he is really good

Partly it's because he goes out of his way to be positive about the team, and coming from a former arch enemy it's even nicer to hear. Theismann could say the same stuff and people would think "eh", but coming from Aikman it's refreshing...

Aikman is a closet Redskin fan. I swear it... the guy knows EVERYTHING about our team and our season whenver he does our game. He once said last year that Clinton Portis "may well be my favorite player in the entire NFL". He always has our stats on the tip of his tongue. He always mentions how we beat the Cowboys "x of the last y times" (you'll see next game against Dallas he'll be the one to quickly mention how we've beaten them 5 of the last 7 times, and he'll say joyfully). He wore a burgundy and gold tie to last game. I don't know about you guys, but it's pretty friggin obvious. The guy has fallen in love with our team, and hey, who wouldn't?

rd421, just a question, what is that you like about Madden?

Im not dissing on you, i just want to know what it is that you think he brings to the games.

Personally, i liked Madden back when it was him and Summerall and more so when they were on CBS together.

As to Buck and Aikman, Joe Buck annoys the living hell out of me, but Aikman is one of if not the best in the business right now.

Aikman is a closet Redskin fan. I swear it... the guy knows EVERYTHING about our team and our season whenver he does our game. He once said last year that Clinton Portis "may well be my favorite player in the entire NFL". He always has our stats on the tip of his tongue. He always mentions how we beat the Cowboys "x of the last y times" (you'll see next game against Dallas he'll be the one to quickly mention how we've beaten them 5 of the last 7 times, and he'll say joyfully). He wore a burgundy and gold tie to last game. I don't know about you guys, but it's pretty friggin obvious. The guy has fallen in love with our team, and hey, who wouldn't?

Aikman is great, and I'm in the minority but I actually think Joe Buck is perfectly all right, too. On Sunday, Aikman mentioned Portis again, and said something like "there's no one in the NFL I enjoy watching more than Portis".

Obviously, I despised Aikman as a Dallas QB but he's a world-class announcer.

As a color guy Aikman is stellar. I loathe and detest Joe Buck. His voice grinds into my skull like a sick SAW film trap.

I really believe that Mike Patrick is the best play-by-play guy out there right now.

Pat Summerall and John Madden were my #1. Hearing them two bring be back to the Glory Days.

As a color guy Aikman is tellar. I loathe and detest Joe Buck. His voice grinds into my skull like a sick SAW film trap.

I really believe that Mike Patrick is the best play-by-play guy out there right now.

Pat Summerall and John Madden were my #1. Hearing them two bring be back to the Glory Days.

Who is that dude, who commentates with "Moose" on some FOX games and sounds like his nose is stopped up? That's a voice that I can't stand to hear.

rd421, just a question, what is that you like about Madden?

Im not dissing on you, i just want to know what it is that you think he brings to the games.

I'll try to answer. To me, it's obvious he knows the game but doesn't pretend like it's rocket science. It comes through that he loves the game and is having fun watching. His enthusiasm is infectious.

He's slipped some in recent years but he's still entertaining to me. BOOM!

I like Aikman but can't stand Buck. He was very biased in last weeks game towards the Cowboys. Maybe I am being unfair, since Buck was probably watching the baseball games on another monitor and was expecting the Cowboys to run away with it.

Aikman, is the most impartial former Cowboy announcer today. When D Johnson does Dallas games he is not really biased but he does make a point to tell stories about the Boys during the game. Baldinger seems to end every sentence during a Dallas game with "and that just goes to show the (pick one of the following[power/intelligence/brillance/how special]) the Cowboys organinztion is." or something along those lines.

I wish Aikman would get paired with another play by play guy, Joe Bucks holier than thou attitude is starting to wear thin on me. Aikman might even be a better announcer than he was a QB.

Who is that dude, who commentates with "Moose" on some FOX games and sounds like his nose is stopped up? That's a voice that I can't stand to hear.

That's Kenny Albert another one of the "Daddy was a good announcer so I am automatically assumbed to be one as well" Club.

Mike Patrick did the Skins pre-season shows locally.

Archived