Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There's a whole lot of fear going on here in Philly...

flexxskins

and I'm loving it!

Let me start off by saying that I work in Philadelphia, (thanks for the condolences) and being the sole Redskins fan at a very large corparation at this moment is priceless.

I have recieved congradulatory handshakes and shoutouts from people who I didn't even know, knew that I was a Redskins fan.

But, my favorite thing has been the questions like..."who the hell is that Chris Horton"? (Obviously the uneducated Eagles fans:laugh:) "Is Jason Taylor going to be back next week"?

The concern and fear in these peoples eyes as they are asking these questions is making me down right giddy.

Anyone else experiencing this type of stuff?

I haven't heard a peep from a buddy of mine (Eagles fan) over the weekend. It could be due to fear of facing us next week, them losing to the Bears on SNF or a combination of both but he's usually the type to call and talk trash. I will patiently wait for his call.....

They should be scared, but we shouldn't be ****y. We're clearly a solid team, but if we want to be elite, we need to win this Sunday. If we lose next week, we'll be just another solid NFCE team, proving that the NFCE is simply a division of teams that can knock each other out. If we win, we'll be considered elite.

I said this basic thing in another thread, but this is one of those games that is NOT fun for Philly or their fans. Wheras, it IS fun the Redskins and their fans.

Doesn't mean we're going to win-- in some ways, it may decrease our chances, but this is a much more important game for Philly than it is for us. I know no one ever likes to admit that, but it's just the truth.

The way I judge "importance" is by where it will leave you if you lose:

Eagles Loss = 2-3 overall, 0-2 in division (1 home loss), and 1-3 overall in the NFC. Trips to NYG, Was, and home against Dallas still on the schedule.

Redskins Loss = 3-2 overall, 1-2 in division with NO road division games left, and 3-2 overall in the NFC. Four of next five at home, including games against the Rams, Browns, and Lions.

Of those two scenerios....which one is more dire?

I'm scared of Philly, they are destroying QBs, and I am afaid that Jason's biggest weakness may be a blitzing D, and if we are beat by Philly, that will be the blue print, and every team will try to kill JC as their game plan.

Considering quick passes and running up the gut are two staples of our offense, I think they will be thinking twice about blitzing us every play.

With that being said, against a blitzing team I look for Cooley to have a big game.

I don't have any Eagles fans at my job but I do have some boys fans, I didn't rub it in too much. What was funny was that one boys fan came up to me said that the better team lost, I laughed in his face. Boys fans are so funny made my day, most of their fans are out of touch with reality.

HTTR

I said this basic thing in another thread, but this is one of those games that is NOT fun for Philly or their fans. Wheras, it IS fun the Redskins and their fans.

Doesn't mean we're going to win-- in some ways, it may decrease our chances, but this is a much more important game for Philly than it is for us. I know no one ever likes to admit that, but it's just the truth.

The way I judge "importance" is by where it will leave you if you lose:

Eagles Loss = 2-3 overall, 0-2 in division (1 home loss), and 1-3 overall in the NFC. Trips to NYG, Was, and home against Dallas still on the schedule.

Redskins Loss = 3-2 overall, 1-2 in division with NO road division games left, and 3-2 overall in the NFC. Four of next five at home, including games against the Rams, Browns, and Lions.

Of those two scenerios....which one is more dire?

That pretty much spells it out.

I said all along that of these 2 road games (@dallas, @philly), I'd be TICKLED to get 1 of them.

Of course,I'm still going to be disgusted if we lose. No matter how hard I try

Our UPS delivery guy is a Philly fan. A respectful one at that. I know he wanted to talk trash today since we're playing each other this weekend. I told him that #10 lost the game for Philly last night. Philly beat themselves. He didn't totally agree but thinks #10 will come around.

He's definitely worried about us. He thinks Zorn is incredibly intense and intimidating. He says we've got too much momentum going for us to lose in Philly. He thinks this weekend's game between our teams is gonna be bigger than Cowboys vs Philly on MNF. He says Philly needs the win much more due to back-to-back road division games late in Dec against Skins, then Dallas. He said if Philly doesn't beat the Skins this weekend, they'll probably miss the playoffs.

This dude is rarely wrong in his opinions in the 2 years I've known him. When he has been critical of his Eagles, his predictions usually came true. Good and Bad. He loves to talk trash and there was NO confidence in his voice today. Maybe it's the Monday hangover of a loss. I dunno. I'll have a better idea of what he thinks by Friday.

He thinks a Skins win against Philly this weekend is a certainty but it will be a win we'll earn the hard way.

I'd love to say that I'm optimistic, but Donovan has had a field day at our expense way too many times for me to start trash talking.....

I agree. I am THRILLED about our big win but I for one am very nervous about this game coming up. The eagles are a really good team. We get a little too high on ourselves and they will punch us right in the mouth.

I'm scared of Philly, they are destroying QBs, and I am afaid that Jason's biggest weakness may be a blitzing D, and if we are beat by Philly, that will be the blue print, and every team will try to kill JC as their game plan.

I live right outside of Filthy for a decade in Cherry Hill NJ and if there is one thing I know, they will be blitzing from all over the place this week. Jim Johnson is gonna be dialing that stuff up all game. We better get our quick passing game down, screen game, and running game. Defensively - we have to bend but not break. Make them dink and dunk it and settle for field goals more than touchdowns. Everyone gang tackle westbrook and watch for the big play. If they have to constantly work to move the chains and sustain drives we can take em but if we give up big plays to that rookie for example, it will be a long day. They are bullies. They will pile up 35 points on ya if you let em. Stand up to em', punch em in the mouth and they will tuck their tales. They reflect their fans. Bullies.

I live right outside of Filthy for a decade in Cherry Hill NJ and if there is one thing I know, they will be blitzing from all over the place this week. Jim Johnson is gonna be dialing that stuff up all game. We better get our quick passing game down, screen game, and running game. Defensively - we have to bend but not break. Make them dink and dunk it and settle for field goals more than touchdowns. Everyone gang tackle westbrook and watch for the big play. If they have to constantly work to move the chains and sustain drives we can take em but if we give up big plays to that rookie for example, it will be a long day. They are bullies. They will pile up 35 points on ya if you let em. Stand up to em', punch em in the mouth and they will tuck their tales. They reflect their fans. Bullies.

Couldn't have been more well said. A bunch of wanna be tough guys who have a chip on their shoulder... Finally we are in a position to fight back. Think '05 playoff clinching game

Archived