Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There's a whole lot of fear going on here in Philly...

flexxskins

I have really been impressed by Zorn's play calling ability. It really seems like he enjoys the chess match side of it. I remember during his presser on Monday someone asked him about Philly stating that they recognized one of the plays from the way that Tana lined up. In this situation other coaches would have just said nothing but Zorn's response was something like "yeah I did that one once before this year but I flipped it over. Mixed it up just enough so they could not recognize it before the snap. But you cant do that very often." He seems very Wiley with his play calling and I for one would like to see the Eagles blitz often because Zorn is the kind of coach that could really take advantage of it. The cool thing is, is that Zorn is looking more and more like an offensive genius and a great Head Coach. And guess what, we found him and we gave him his big shot. As for the game, it is tough to win in Philly. I think it will be another very tough game where we have to play our best to have a chance to end it in Victory formation. Winable...yes, losable, very.

Agreed.

And IMO, I believe that we need to slow down a bit on all the quick, slants on third down. Defenders are starting to get hip to that **** and really close to actually picking one.

I think that is what Zorn want's ,them to start sitting on that rte, then he's going to take it up field with Go rtes.

One of my friends is a fakeass eagles fan. And he's been running his mouth real wrecklessly past couple of weeks. I can see the aprehension in him now and he looks like he's afraid of next week.

I"ve actually been humble and not talk too much trash until game day. Knowing Filthadelphia and it being a division game, its going to be a tough game. But we won last year in the lincoln.

None of the NFC east games are ever easy thats why I love them so much. The Skins seem to get better and better every week even when players get hurt and the back ups go in. I am fearfully optimistic about this game. I do not think that JZ will let this team get a big head until paloff time. JZ and the team finally after so many years have what the team has been missing "Continuity and focus across the board" and they seem to be having fun.

Bah, I'm not worried about this game at all. With Westbrook out or slowed by injury, we will destroy the Eagals. We're actually a really good team now. Philly is full of holes. They lost to sorry Chicago? Give me a break!

Redskins 4-1.

These are famous last words in this division, and frankly in the NFL at large. I hope you don't regret them on Monday.

I said this basic thing in another thread, but this is one of those games that is NOT fun for Philly or their fans. Wheras, it IS fun the Redskins and their fans.

Doesn't mean we're going to win-- in some ways, it may decrease our chances, but this is a much more important game for Philly than it is for us. I know no one ever likes to admit that, but it's just the truth.

The way I judge "importance" is by where it will leave you if you lose:

Eagles Loss = 2-3 overall, 0-2 in division (1 home loss), and 1-3 overall in the NFC. Trips to NYG, Was, and home against Dallas still on the schedule.

Redskins Loss = 3-2 overall, 1-2 in division with NO road division games left, and 3-2 overall in the NFC. Four of next five at home, including games against the Rams, Browns, and Lions.

Of those two scenerios....which one is more dire?

Well stated. This game for the Eagles is as close to an early-season playoff game as a team in the NFC East can get. I know that sounds crazy but if wins and losses are direct indications of how a team should fare moving forward then this game is paramount for the Eagles.

As a general rule, I am always wary of playing a NFCE rival coming off a loss.

but this is a much more important game for Philly than it is for us.
Very true. But somehow, I don't see Zorn or his team letting up. I'm not in the locker room, but I get a feeling this team is rallying behind both Zorn and JC. If we contain a wounded Westbrook and Zorn can scheme some quick release plays to defeat Philthy's pass rush, we have the talent and attitude to beat them in their own house.

This will be a tough game for the Skins, no doubt. The Eagles can still put up points, and were able to do so against the Dallas defense, whereas we couldn't. I can't see us coming out on top if we get into a shootout, since we're not that type of team.

As long as we play our game, slowly and methodically move the ball down the field and eat up the clock, we can win.

I'll tell you what ...

Philly has MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more riding on this game then us. I for one will be freaking floored if we win. Doen'st mean I don't want us to win, but my god this is a tough order.

If we pull this out ... it's time to start talking winning the division and a 10+ win season and the skins being an upper echelon team.

I'm scared of Philly, they are destroying QBs, and I am afaid that Jason's biggest weakness may be a blitzing D, and if we are beat by Philly, that will be the blue print, and every team will try to kill JC as their game plan.

Going into Dallas, many people said the exact same thing about JC versus the 34.

I'll tell you what ...

Philly has MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more riding on this game then us. I for one will be freaking floored if we win. Doen'st mean I don't want us to win, but my god this is a tough order.

If we pull this out ... it's time to start talking winning the division and a 10+ win season and the skins being an upper echelon team.

I feel the same way. Desperation goes a long way in this division, and frankly NFC East life will somehow make more sense if the Eagles win. :D

We definitely are capable of going in and winning, even in convincing fashion, but I'm expecting the Eagles' very best in this game.

Win this one and we're in control of our destiny against everybody but the Giants. Probably put Philadelphia down on the mat for good. Put ourselves in position to be 7-1 at the turn which would all but make the playoffs a sure thing and even the division within reach. Lose, and we'll probably have to start rooting AGAINST teams and I hate having to do that.

I haven't heard a peep from a buddy of mine (Eagles fan) over the weekend. It could be due to fear of facing us next week, them losing to the Bears on SNF or a combination of both but he's usually the type to call and talk trash. I will patiently wait for his call.....

same here, I have a co-worker that is a huge eagles fan and is suppossed to come watch the game Sunday...hasn't called yet...BTW..for good carma..we have no chance in Philly

:)

I think we have the solution for your fears, namely, Jason Taylor. I think he will play and with his leaping ability he will keep Donovan escape routes limited to the side of the playing field Jason lines up.

I just hope Westbrook is not ready yet to play and sits this one out, but, I doubt that will happen. So if Westbrook plays, our defense will have to rise to the occasion again by stopping the run first and then McNabb and company.

Umm, I hate to burst your bubble, but Jason Taylor is not playing, and Brian Westbrook is.:(

I don't believe in worrying, but you might want to be a little more concerned than you appear to be right now.

They are all squirming and the rest are very quiet here at work
It's a beautiful thing. Isn't it?:laugh:
These are famous last words in this division, and frankly in the NFL at large. I hope you don't regret them on Monday.
You should have stopped taking that guys quote seriously when he said "sorry Chicago" redman.:)

Archived