Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Palin and Couric (NEW VID UP)

Cooked Crack

I know exactly who I'm voting for...as does everyone else on this board.

Where I think you are off base is your assertion that bringing up Palin's experience is partisan hackery.

I'm voting for Obama so obviously experience isn't my number one criteria.

The only reason that experience is even an issue is due to the fact that McCain made it one.

Bringing it up is not partisan hackey at all. Bringing it up for her while ignoring it for Obama is partisan hackery.

Bringing it up is not partisan hackey at all. Bringing it up for her while ignoring it for Obama is partisan hackery.

If you look at my posts I rarely mention Palin. To be honest, she's irrelevant to me.

The only thing I'm saying is that McCain is the one who made experience an issue and IMO, the selection of Palin somewhat contradicts that.

And no...Obama is not the most qualified person but no liberal that I know ever said he was.

To be fair a few politicians do this, McCain decided to run in Arizona because it would be an easier seat to pick up. I still think they need a way to curb this practice your representatives should actually have roots in the places they represent.

That's on the voters. A few years back we had some Democrat lobbyist lawyer mofo from New Jersey running in a primary down here. Apparently the DNC decided to give him a chance as a reward for him being part of Clinton's defense team in the Lewinski thing. That really pissed me off. I'll be damned if I'm going to vote for some a-hole from Jersey to represent Virginians.

And I would feel the same way about Hillary Clinton trying to use my state as a stepping stone to the white house if I were a New Yorker. BTW, the Onion ran a brilliant spoof on this recently.

If you look at my posts I rarely mention Palin. To be honest, she's irrelevant to me.

The only thing I'm saying is that McCain is the one who made experience an issue and IMO, the selection of Palin somewhat contradicts that.

And no...Obama is not the most qualified person but no liberal that I know ever said he was.

I wasnt attempting to make that your position at all. Just a general observation.

And I agree, McCain hurt the "experience claim" with the Palin choice. Just as Obama hurt the "Change" mantra when he picked a guy whos done NOTHING in his life other than be a Senator from a small state. But that is rarely IF EVER brought up.

I wasnt attempting to make that your position at all. Just a general observation.

And I agree, McCain hurt the "experience claim" with the Palin choice. Just as Obama hurt the "Change" mantra when he picked a guy whos done NOTHING in his life other than be a Senator from a small state. But that is rarely IF EVER brought up.

I didn't want Biden either but I'm not sure that Obama had a choice.

To be honest, McCain and Obama didn't get the VP they really wanted.

That's politics for you. :(

I didn't want Biden either but I'm not sure that Obama had a choice.

To be honest, McCain and Obama didn't get the VP they really wanted.

That's politics for you. :(

Who do you think Obama wanted as VP? McCain obviously wanted Lieberman but I haven't seen anything to suggest that Obama didn't want Biden.

His number one choice was Tim Kaine.

Any particular source for this? I mean I can see it him and Kaine both liked each other and Kaine was one of his very early supporters but I just have seen no evidence that would suggest that Biden wasn't his first pick. For the record Kaine was my second choice behind Brian Schweitzer.

What the hell is she talking about in this clip? Honestly this is ridiculous she is just babbling. I cant even imagine her in the VP debate against Biden.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/09/25/palin-on-her-foreign-policy-credentials.aspx

That is just unbelievable. At this moment, I think the McCain campaign does everything they can to somehow not have a VP debate... or they replace her.

As for the experience issue, I'm wondering how much outrage there was from all of you in 2000 when Hillary chose to run for Senate in a state she didn't live in- for a job she knew nothing about, and by any standard wasn't "qualified" for.

Zoon, I know you weren't directing this one at me (at least I don't think so) but for the record that's exactly the reason why I don't like Hillary. I don't think I've ever made it secret that I don't trust her and don't like her.

Great last question Katie :thumbsup:, Palin looked like she was in one of those Southwest Airline commercials...and wanted to get away.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

What the hell is she talking about in this clip? Honestly this is ridiculous she is just babbling. I cant even imagine her in the VP debate against Biden.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/09/25/palin-on-her-foreign-policy-credentials.aspx

"Content currently unavailable."

I can get to

"You've cited Alas*"

and it ends.

Any transcripts?

~Bang

Archived