Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Palin and Couric (NEW VID UP)

Cooked Crack

i mean the world outside of ES. I know its hard to imagine, but there is one

:)

an example to me would be my girlfriends parents, huge republican supporters, loved the plain pick initially, but their number 1 concern with her is that she's not very knowledgeable about any of the issues.

I wasn't addressing the folks outside of ES. You don't generally meet this kind of absurdity and ridiculousness outside of here :)

All this Palin nonsense is about as transparent as the "Obama is a dern Muslim" nonsense.

Political douchebaggery perpetrated by folks who decided which way they were voting 3 years ago.

I wasn't addressing the folks outside of ES. You don't generally meet this kind of absurdity and ridiculousness outside of here :)

All this Palin nonsense is about as transparent as the "Obama is a dern Muslim" nonsense.

Political douchebaggery perpetrated by folks who decided which way they were voting 3 years ago.

If whether a person has knowledge is not important to picking them to be VP, then what is important?

Saying Palin has no grasp of the issues is NOWHERE NEAR calling Obama a muslim on the scale of "douchebaggery."

McCain's next hail mary should be to convince Palin to drop out (she could blame it on some family problem or something) and replace her with Romney. He's slicker than slick and more transparently full of crap than most politicians, but he's at least considered somewhat of an economic expert.

I disagree. Two family members that have voted Republican thier whole lives are likely going to switch to Obama primarily because of the crappy judgement McCain showed in picking Palin as a running mate.

i'll argue once again with you. Did you not see the "5th grader wears anti-obama shirt" thread? There is that kind of absurdity and ridiculousness outside the nest we call The tailgate

McCain's next hail mary should be to convince Palin to drop out (she could blame it on some family problem or something) and replace her with Romney. He's slicker than slick and more transparently full of crap than most politicians, but he's at least considered somewhat of an economic expert.

i dont know how its been done before, but does anyone know if this has happened this close to the election?

I disagree. Two family members that have voted Republican thier whole lives are likely going to switch to Obama primarily because of the crappy judgement McCain showed in picking Palin as a running mate.

Have had the same thing happen in my family.

A lot of people are becoming more upset with the Palin pick as it is becoming more apparent she really has little knowledge of national politics.

I suggest that all you people who are ticked off about the Palin pick simply not vote for McCain/Palin. Pretty easy solution, and you won't have to waste time starting threads on ES bashing Palin.

I would recommend the same course of action for the people who don't like Obama.

I suggest that all you people who are ticked off about the Palin pick simply not vote for McCain/Palin. Pretty easy solution, and you won't have to waste time starting threads on ES bashing Palin.

I would recommend the same course of action for the people who don't like Obama.

blasphemy

Its an ELECTION year. You are going to get this no matter how badly you want it to stop.

I suggest not entering said threads if you don't wish to read or be involved in the bashing of either candidate

Where's the fun in that?;)

You haven't seemed to mind entering threads to bash Obama in the past so I'm not sure why all of the sudden with need to stop stating opinions on candidates.

It is getting verrrrry old. At some point the media has to start treating the two sides equally doesnt it?

Not saying that Couric SHOULDNT ask that, it's a legit, albeit gotcha, question. My issue is that the same scrutiny is NEVER applied to Biden (who has done 1 interview to Palins 4 in the last month) and Obama.

Kilmer, your signature asks, "Election 2008. Are you better off now then you were 2 years ago?"

This election isn't about the last two years. Or four years. Or even six years. It is about the last eight years. You just can't behave as if the Bush administration hasn't been in office or doesn't bear the brunt of many of its policy decisions, or suddenly shift the nation's woes on the two years of Democratic control in Congress.

You have had no problems with the threads bashing Obama in the past - heck, you have participated in them - so why this sudden change in attitude?

McCain and Palin aren't doing well in some polls, so you don't want to see them kicked while they are down?

However, I like McCain's grasp on foreign policy issues moreso than Obama's. Foreign policy and the effort to be proactive in the fight against terrorism continues to be the most important factor in my mind, which is why McCain will get my vote. Economy is the second biggest issue in my mind and I don't agree with Obama's tax policies and think they will drive our economy even further down the toilet...so again, McCain gets my vote.

McCain can't even keep Shiites and Sunnis straight - where is the evidence of McCain's grasp on foreign policy? Oh, do you mean where he said "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"? THAT foreign policy experience? Or the same foreign policy experience where he'd continue the Bush policies?

And you mention the economy - McCain is representing the party that has been in charge for eight years and hasn't done much to help change the direction of our nation's economy. Why would we want to trust him when he wants to continue failed trickle down policies that we have seen from past Republican administrations?

Republican economic strategies have driven this country into the "toilet" - why should we hand the reins to someone that is possibly part of the problem, and coming from the party that HAS been part of the problem?

Can anyone reasonably defend the coddling that Palin has gotten so far from her party?

Uh... You do realize that during the primaries, Barack Obama was asked about Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers and the people in the Democrat party demonized Gibson and Stephanopolous for it.

How could you ask this question when Democrats vehemently defend Barack Obama with all these questionable associations and stupid gaffes?

I suppose I'm Exhibit B. because I think you're way off base.

That you hadn't already decided who you're voting for, even if McCain chose Mickey Mouse? I think you're kidding yourself.

As for the experience issue, I'm wondering how much outrage there was from all of you in 2000 when Hillary chose to run for Senate in a state she didn't live in- for a job she knew nothing about, and by any standard wasn't "qualified" for.

And that goes for both sides-

Like I said- political hackery, and so very transparent.

Uh... You do realize that during the primaries, Barack Obama was asked about Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers and the people in the Democrat party demonized Gibson and Stephanopolous for it.

How could you ask this question when Democrats vehemently defend Barack Obama with all these questionable associations and stupid gaffes?

How did Democrats demonize Gibson and Stephanopolous for asking these questions?

BTW, you never did explain why Obama is far-left, or what you even consider "far-left." (As opposed to simply "left" of your own positions...)

As for the experience issue, I'm wondering how much outrage there was from all of you in 2000 when Hillary chose to run for Senate in a state she didn't live in- for a job she knew nothing about, and by any standard wasn't "qualified" for.

Are you posing that question to NY Dems? or all dems? I was rooting for Hillary to be in the senate, but since I don't live in NY, information like that concerning her campaign, specific interviews, debates and whatnot wasn't a priority in other areas. I wouldn't have shown outrage either way... that's for the NY dems to deal with.

And that goes for both sides-

If you take everything completely out of context you're right. The problem is that experience has been brought up for a reason: McCain based his entire campaign around it prior to the selection of Palin. Are you saying that responding to what your opponent is saying when he contradicts himself is political hackery?

I thought it was a joke that she was allowed to run. She in no way represented New York. Now, was she experienced enough to be a Senator..?

I'm not sure... she has some good lawyering experience and had some valuable community experience both as and prior to being First Lady, but mostly she won on name recognition.

However, you are correct. She should never have been allowed to run to represent New York. She is not a New Yawker.

I thought it was a joke that she was allowed to run. She in no way represented New York. Now, was she experienced enough to be a Senator..?

I'm not sure... she has some good lawyering experience and had some valuable community experience both as and prior to being First Lady, but mostly she won on name recognition.

However, you are correct. She should never have been allowed to run to represent New York. She is not a New Yawker.

To be fair a few politicians do this, McCain decided to run in Arizona because it would be an easier seat to pick up. I still think they need a way to curb this practice your representatives should actually have roots in the places they represent.

That you hadn't already decided who you're voting for, even if McCain chose Mickey Mouse? I think you're kidding yourself.

I know exactly who I'm voting for...as does everyone else on this board.

Where I think you are off base is your assertion that bringing up Palin's experience is partisan hackery.

I'm voting for Obama so obviously experience isn't my number one criteria.

The only reason that experience is even an issue is due to the fact that McCain made it one.

Archived