Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Palin and Couric (NEW VID UP)

Cooked Crack

And of course you never display your conservative bias.:)

I'm not saying that there is spin both ways, but I don't see the spin to any degree that the libs do here. Be objective and you'll see that.

This is equivalent of people spamming "community organizer" in every Obama thread.

I'm not saying that there is spin both ways, but I don't see the spin to any degree that the libs do here. Be objective and you'll see that.

This is equivalent of people spamming "community organizer" in every Obama thread.

Please Oldskool, give me a break.

There are very few Dem/Liberal posters on this board that can compare to the likes of Sarge/GoSkins/michael_33/keeastman/81artmonk/etc. etc. - that post a on consistent basis anyway.

Hell, I consider your sig to be nothing but spamming but it's whatever.

The fact that people act as if there is not a large amount of conservative bias on this forum is hilarious.

Please Oldskool, give me a break.

There are very few Dem/Liberal posters on this board that can compare to the likes of Sarge/GoSkins/michael_33/keeastman/81artmonk/etc. etc. - that post a on consistent basis anyway.

Hell, I consider your sig to be nothing but spamming but it's whatever.

The fact that people act as if there is not a large amount of conservative bias on this forum is hilarious.

Touchy, eh? I suppose its a matter of how you observe things. The conservative bias can get quite thick but its nowhere near the level of the Obama spin and the anti-Palin hate that goes on here.

BTW, you can shut off sigs. http://extremeskins.com/profile.php?do=editoptions ;)

Touchy, eh? I suppose its a matter of how you observe things. The conservative bias can get quite thick but its nowhere near the level of the Obama spin and the anti-Palin hate that goes on here.

BTW, you can shut off sigs. http://extremeskins.com/profile.php?do=editoptions ;)

Why would I do that? I can appreciate a clever sig when I see one.

Doesn't mean I don't see it as spam though. :D

I love the liberal bias on the board. Shocking that when Palin doesn't dot her eyes and cross her tees, its a holocaust.

Obama and Biden gaffe and its ok.

We're talking about a person seeking to be the second highest ranking executive in the country... and she can't answer any direct questions. What is the Bush doctrine? No clue. Can you provide an example of McCain supporting regulation (being that you mentioned it)? No clue. She's hiding from the media for crying out loud and we all (and Oldskool this INCLUDES YOU) know why. She's being brought up to speed on nation and international issues now, months before the election.

She doesn't know **** about **** when it comes to national politics. We both know this Oldskool. Keep pretending that liberals are making mountains out of molehills all day if you like. Everyone, republican and democrat, knows why she's being kept from the press.

I am beginning to think more and more that the Palin pick is a massive inside joke on the Republican party to get the right-wing to come out in support of someone so obviously unqualified and clueless that it would stretch the imagination that they could be seriously defending this pick.

Why should she know about John McCain's voting record? Jeez, I dunno.

MAYBE BECAUSE EVERY WORD OUT OF HER MOUTH TO THIS POINT HAS BEEN ABOUT HOW JOHN MCCAIN IS THE BETTER CANDIDATE THAN HIS OPPONENT?

How can you possibly know who the better candidate is if you don't know what they stand for?

It's like the bar has been set so low for the right wing that they feel like they're winning the discussion by doing backflips over a bar on the floor.

She's a woman and we're talking about politics. Which of these things is not like the other? It's like asking a middle easterner about snow removal techniques.

It would be terrible to give ANY woman a chance to be President or Vice President. It's terrible to see them in Congress, as the Chief Executives of States or any other elected office, so far as I'm concerned.

Is this sarcastic? If not, might I ask, are you married or do you have a girlfriend? Sisters? If not that's cool, and if you don't like women that's also cool. But even so, your mother let you talk like that? mmm mmm mmm.

Nothing you are saying here does anything at all to make Palin look any better. If you want to talk about Obama I'm happy to do so - he went on Bill O'Reilly didn't he? Let's talk Obama all day Kilmer, I'll come to your house and plant a sign in your front yard and we can have you host a fundraiser too.

This thread however is about Palin. She can't answer questions to save her damn life and it's obvious why the campaign is keeping her away from the media. She is what she is, a desperation pick that couldn't pick McCain out of a line up until his campaign choose her to have a chance in hell of winning. She has no federal level knowledge of anything other than lying to officials to get Polar bears off the endangered species list.

The depressing thing is why has making her his running mate given him a better chance to win the election? Are we as a country that stupid, that easily manipulated? Do the people that want us to elect them really think so little of us?

Well personally I think she should at least display a little knowledge about McCain. All I see her doing is spouting "maverick" and "bi-partisanship" without backing it up, but I agree, they should be asking her about her views rather than McCain's record. I want to know what she stands for.

In the beginning of the interview, Couric asked about the bailout and she just seemed clueless on the whole issue. Thats the part that I don't like. If she seemed like she new something on the issues, I wouldn't care as much about her not knowing much about McCain's voting record.

Yeah she just said that she has no views on the issue. I'm guessing she is just supposed to have the same views as McCain does and be his cheerleader. It seems fair to ask her what McCain's plans and opinions are since those are supposed to be hers too. For all the talk of her being a "maverick" too (when did this become Top Gun?) I would be surprised if she ever challenged McCain.

This is crazy, I can't believe what we are bickering over.

I can believe it. I am bickering over it internally.

She doesn't really matter for me that much to be honest. I'm an independant and she will have very little outcome when it comes for who I will vote for. I'll vote for who is the best man at the time I walk into that voting booth.

But at the same time, I look at the vice presidential candidates (even though the have little impact on my vote). I see Biden, a guy that I respect and view as a generally good person. I also see Palin, a woman who I do not know. I see a woman who doesn't want me to see who she is. I see a woman who is obscure and who I may never really get to know unless she is vice president. I don't think I can vote for a ticket where the 2nd stringer is a complete unknown. Luckily for McCain, that complete unknown won't have much of an impact ultimately.

She's a woman and we're talking about politics. Which of these things is not like the other? It's like asking a middle easterner about snow removal techniques.

It would be terrible to give ANY woman a chance to be President or Vice President. It's terrible to see them in Congress, as the Chief Executives of States or any other elected office, so far as I'm concerned.

1) I know you think travelling outside the country is a sin, but that shouldn't keep you from knowing that Afghan winters are actually pretty rough.

MSF, we know you are sexist, we get your disdain for women. Why do you feel the need to bash women in any thread where a woman is the subject. Are you that insecure that you gain satisfaction putting down women every chance you get? Is suspect this is the case...

And honestly, with your views on controlling women I think you would be much happier living in Iran.

So, would you mind explaining what you mean by the "likes" of me.

I mean, I realize you enjoy making blatantly immature and idiotic statements about certain posters, but before you classify a bunch of posters in such a way, particularly myself, I would be interested in you giving some examples and the rationale behind your posts. You know, instead of just smearing an individual's name with no supportive evidence. :)

I would like to add an ironic observation here. It's very interesting that someone started a "Bash Palin" type thread over her interview with Couric...yet did not start a "bash Biden" thread about Biden's interview with Couric. You know, the interview with Couric where he talked about our current economic crisis and compared it to the Great Depression where FDR got up on television and encoured everyone to unite to get through the crisis. Problem is, HOOVER was the president at the time of the Great Depression and there were no TV's at that time.

I mention this not because I think it is a big deal. In fact, in no way do I think that this mistake is indicative of how he will perform as a VP...but to point out the blatant hypocrisy of many in this thread who are bashing Sarah Palin for not knowing specific examples about McCain yet refuse to bash on Biden for his obvious blunder.

And I'm the one who's being called a partisan hack in this thread.... :doh:

I would like to add an ironic observation here. It's very interesting that someone started a "Bash Palin" type thread over her interview with Couric...yet did not start a "bash Biden" thread about Biden's interview with Couric. You know, the interview with Couric where he talked about our current economic crisis and compared it to the Great Depression where FDR got up on television and encoured everyone to unite to get through the crisis. Problem is, HOOVER was the president at the time of the Great Depression and there were no TV's at that time.

I mention this not because I think it is a big deal. In fact, in no way do I think that this mistake is indicative of how he will perform as a VP...but to point out the blatant hypocrisy of many in this thread who are bashing Sarah Palin for not knowing specific examples about McCain yet refuse to bash on Biden for his obvious blunder.

I know the search function is down, but if you're going to go on a rant about the ES liberal bias then you may want to at least look a page or two back in the posting history (you know, like when Biden's gaffe actually happened).

Scary to think that Biden could be VP huh? Yeah, I'm sure that my grandparents were watching the TV when FDR spoke to the nation in 1929 regarding the financial crisis that was about to ensue. ROFL.gif

Katie, you may recall the post that I made regarding the unedited version of Gov. Palin's interview with Charles Gibson. Many of the more mature libs/dems in this forum admitted that she gave a good interview. If the unedited version of this interview appears in the next few days, it will probably reveal a similar situation. When the unedited version of the ABC interview appeared, it was quite a contrast to the highly edited version that we saw on TV. I'm sure CBS did the same thing.

I know the search function is down, but if you're going to go on a rant about the ES liberal bias then you may want to at least look a page or two back in the posting history (you know, like when Biden's gaffe actually happened).

Looked a page or 2 back before I posted it. I didn't see anything so I posted this. But since you said this had already been discussed, I looked even further back and did find the thread. So that was my fault on that.

My point about hypocrisy still stands however. In reading through the thread, many liberals on this board poo-pooed Biden's gaffe and did not come to the conclusion that he didn't know anything and was unfit for the VP spot; something several liberals continue to say every time Palin slips up on a "gotcha" question.

Either they are both unfit for the VP by this rationale, or they both are politicians who slip up in interviews. Can't say one person is dumb and unfit while giving the other person a pass.

Personally, neither of these things bother me, they are not a big issue and certainly are not indicative of a candidate's ability (or lack thereof) to be the VP.

ah yes its the "gotcha" questions... those pesky questions that she answers poorly. out of her 3 interviews...

its not liberal bias. she just doesn't have any knowledge on these subjects. i'm not trying to diminish her in anyway. shes just not ready for her position.

look i studied architecture for 3 years but i'm not ready to put up a building. wait whats she doing??

I hate the Palin pick. If i were a republican i would be so ****ing pissed. They are turning our nation's welfare into a joke.

I understand the McCain selection, and i respect the guy and think that for a republican he is probably one of the better ones that they could have picked but the Palin selection slaps every american in the face.

Also , I HATE MSF, you disgust me more and more i read your ridiculous thoughts.

Your homelife must have been awful, your mother must have been completely subservient or never at home for you to have such a warped view on women in general. I cannot believe people like you still exist after all of our social progress, how could you have such outdated views.

Archived