Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Week>>>>>All your political BS

Spaceman Spiff

• 1 year later...
BOO YA!!!

:dallasuck

WE WANT DALLAS !!!! WE WANT DALLAS !!!!

(this salsa I am eating is f-ing hotter than shiznit)

We Want Dallas!!!!
We want Dallas!
Man I get chills watching those older videos and how happy the fans were. :)

I wish it was still like that. :(

Any way, We want and **** Dallas!!!!!!

I was 12 when we faced Dallas in the 1982 NFC Championship game. We had not quite yet become an elite team. We had had a good run and all, but there was one hump we had yet to get over: Dallas. They were the class of the conference, and our division. We were 8-1 in 1982, but the one was against Dallas. We lost that game by two TDs. The year before they swept us, beating us by at least two TDs both times. The year before that they swept us. The year before that, they beat us on the last game of the season, scoring two TDs in the last two minutes of the game to beat us 35-34. A loss which knocked us out of the playoffs ... for the next four years.

Dallas was That Team. They always beat us. Bad.

And they had tons of playoff experience. This game in 82 was their third straight conference championship game, whereas we hadn't been to the playoffs in six years.

If there was any one team we should have not wanted to face, it was Dallas.

Only, we did want 'em. That chant. That started at the end of the Minnesota game. We didn't know who we were going to play in the NFCCG yet. Dallas didn't play their game until the next day. But we didn't want the easy draw. We didn't want the Packers (sorry PP). We wanted to get over that hump- ... scratch that. We wanted to plow through that hump and grind it into a fine powder. We were done being scared of Dallas. Their time was done. It was our time, and we all sensed it. And we wanted the world to know it.

At 12 years old, witnessing that shift from resignation to overwhelming confidence was awesome. We simply knew we were going to win that game. It was just never in doubt. To paraphrase Patton, I almost felt sorry for the poor ****s on the other side of the field for the beating we were about to give them. As a Redskin I have never seen anything like it before or since. And to this day, hearing that chant still gives me chills.

All I remember is I was in high school when I first got acquainted to Dallas - Washington in-depth. Dallas even with Dave Campo was winning these games against Washington, had a big winning streak...WITH DAVE CAMPO

And then it's Emmitt's last game as a Cowboys and then Washington wins and I think that broke the streak, and there were more thrillers to come.

One of my worst Dallas memories was that dumb game where Testeverde hooked up with Crayton in the final minutes to win. That was ridiculous. Crayton hasn't done **** since that game winning TD so that's good, he's a one-hit wonder

Archived