Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Is the Volcano Taco Hot?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So I saw the commercial for Taco Bell's Volcano Taco and decided I had to try one. Unfortunately I was completely disappointed. This thing was milder than a bag of Andy Capp's hot fries.

Anyone else tried it and if so do you think it's hot? I'm disapponted in what people consider "hot" these days.

I am sure it is Mega-Corporation's Appeal To the Masses hot, not Real hot. When you are marketing to a global market, you can't ratchet up recipes so much it cuts off appeal to a large segment of the population. Spicy ain't exactly spicy at McD's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, KFC etc.

Very WEAK! The cheese sauce is the source of the mild spice, and honestly, that should be a standard.

I can see this being mildly spicy for some people who can't do spice, but that's about it.

That's a cheese sauce? It's like pinkish red. I thought it was just spicy sauce.

Well after these disappointing reviews I guess I wont even bother trying it !

It's only 87 cents. You should at least give it a shot.

Unfortunately, they're being discontinued on October 14th.

Damn, did they plan on this being temporary to begin with?

I felt a little heat at first, but it isn't really hot. The volcano sauce tasted good though.

Yeah the Volcano sauce was definintely good, just not hot like I like.

i just thought it was called the Volcano taco bc the shell was red...I didn't know it was supposed to be hot. I bought it for my boyfriend a few weeks ago...he loves extremely spicy things...and he did not mention anything about that taco.

I miss the queso crunchwrap :(

It was OK I think. I am not really into "hot" food or anything. I am more into taste than I am having my taste buds burnt off so I don't really eat things I know will be hot. Even so I tried the Volcano taco and considered it to be hot. Maybe that is just because I am a wuss, I don't know. :cardsuck:

HTTR

I haven't tried it yet. I do like spicy things. I have a bottle of this imported hot sauce from Belize. It's like an ultra hot Texas Pete, except it's made with halbanero peppers instead of cayenne peppers. It's a blend of halbanero peppers, carrots, vinegar, salt, garlic, etc....It looks orange. It will light you on fire. My whole body feels like it's getting hot. That sauce has pretty much jacked my tolerance of spicy foods up to the point that anything like a Volcano Taco will be very mild to me.

I haven't tried it yet. I do like spicy things. I have a bottle of this imported hot sauce from Belize. It's like an ultra hot Texas Pete, except it's made with halbanero peppers instead of cayenne peppers. It's a blend of halbanero peppers, carrots, vinegar, salt, garlic, etc....It looks orange. It will light you on fire. My whole body feels like it's getting hot. That sauce has pretty much jacked my tolerance of spicy foods up to the point that anything like a Volcano Taco will be very mild to me.

Yeah, I've got some imported habanero sauce called "Predator Sauce" it's got a shark on the bottle. Man it only takes one drop of that into a pot of chili and I swear you'll need some bread and a gallon of something to drink to go with it.

It's too hot to put on a single portion of food, they made it I guess to go into entire recipies.

I've had it for like two years and when I was in college we'd get drunk and I'd give a drop to guys that thought they were tough and they'd cry like a little baby. The stuff is HOT!

Archived