Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs saints prediction thread

GOSKINS_08

Long time Saints fan here and there's nothing fair-weathered about me.

I began to read this thread just for the hell of it thinking it was going to be all "Hail to the Redskins!" and the like. Boy, was I surprised to read all the 'skins fans saying the Saints were going to win. Waving the white flag... already. Where is the Redskin's fighting spirit? Where are all the fans that believe and trust in their Front Office, Coaches, play calling, and team? Where are all the... Hogs?

Reading this kind of drivel about the skins losing on Sunday instantly reminds me of the San Fransisco 49'ers and their limp wrist'd fan base. Now, those clowns are some fair weather fans and boo-hoo cry babies.

But this is Injun territory.... Isn't it?

Seven pages on this thread and I went back and counted... 43 posters said the Redskins will win and, surprisingly, 35 posters called for a Saints victory. Some quoted large margins of victory, too. And this on a Burgundy and Gold website, not a Black and Gold one. So I'll use that as my prediction on Sunday's final score;

Redskins - 43

Saints - 35

8 point difference. Eight more positive post on this thread than negative, that is weak for a "extreme fan" site. I'm a Saints fan and I am looking forward to a great game between two hungry teams. I want my team to face the very best team the 'Skins can muster. Look, I'm a homer for my guys but I'm reading far too much defeatism here. Let's have a good game, let's have our best teams fielded, let's have true fans pulling for their squads. I'm going to pull for mine, should all ya'll pull for yours?

Yes, my Redskin neighbors, begin your A-Game on Sunday because we are going to certainly bring ours. Peace out.

JC

Nice post! Thanks for the wake up call.

That being said...

Saints 31 Skins 14 ;)

JustaCoastie, Being an extreme fan does not mean being an ignorant one (although there are certainly plenty of those around here). According to your logic, a real fan thinks there team is going to win every week. Not true, a real fan hopes their team wins every week and cheers them on. A real fan is also a real fan of the sport and understands the realities facing their team. That being said, the skins really should beat the saints as long as they dont beat themselves!

Skins 17

Saints 10

Hail!

34-31 ... we win

we'll be crying about the D next week, but at least we get a better game from the O.

JC is gonna have a QB rating over 90, and CP gets 100+ yards. One of our rooks gets a TD.

Not Brees, not Bush, but Duece is gonna have a big game.

We realize how important Shawn Shprings (add the lisp) is to this team.

I'm done! :hump:

what redskins are you watching? a shootout? are you kidding me? :doh:

i know the saints secondary is garbage but cmon....

Okay, I thought I'd be optimistic for this one. And why not? We're playing at home, and it remains to be seen how effective the Saint's secondary is, should Campbell have a good performance.

Whenever Colston and McAllister are in the game, the Saints are a very explosive offense. So I thought that if the Skins had to play a healthy Saints team, they would need to open up the offense to score a lot of points in reply. That's why I initially thought -- if Campbell played well, it might be a shoot-out instead of a blow-out.

Also, for some unknown reason, I think Campbell might be "on" this week. If so, then Moss, Cooley, Davis, ARE, and Kelly will present a lot of match-up problems for a Saints defense that already has to try containing Portis and Betts. So, it's possible the Skins could put up a lot of points, especially if they get rolling in the beginning drives.

Also, our defense could do passably well today -- without Colston (and if Deuce is not up to full speed) the Saints don't have their full arsenal to exploit the entire field. I think that will allow Blache to use schemes that defend better against Saint's end runs, and quick flares. Blache will be able to do this effectively because I suspect :fingersx: that the Saints will not run very much between the tackles -- without Deuce, their RBs are better suited for outside plays. (Of course there's the Saints RB Pierre, but only time will tell how effective he can be between the tackles against us.)

Meanwhile, why not be optimistic?

JustaCoastie, Being an extreme fan does not mean being an ignorant one (although there are certainly plenty of those around here). According to your logic, a real fan thinks there team is going to win every week. Not true, a real fan hopes their team wins every week and cheers them on. A real fan is also a real fan of the sport and understands the realities facing their team. That being said, the skins really should beat the saints as long as they dont beat themselves!

Skins 17

Saints 10

Hail!

Lax,

Very good point and post. I did not look at it quite that way, thanks for pointing that out. Hail, indeed.

I see the defense stepping up and putting some points on the board and the offense putting up some big numbers. Portis goes over 100 and either Moss or Randle El wil have one or two long TD catches.

Redskins 27

Saints 3

:cheers:

I like that one.

I hope this game will be like the Lions game of last season.

If we can play ball control and eat up a lot of clock (that is, run a Gibbs offense and not Zorn's WCO) and have a huge crowd advantage, then I hope we could win 16-10, with 3 FGs.

If it is anything approximating a shootout, the Saints will win by 17+.

I believe Campbell wants to be in shotgun formation more often. Do you think ball control will be possible in the gun?

24-21 SKINS WIN!

Suisham for a game winner (not in overtime, but around 1:45 left in regulation).

JC= 17 for 23, 230yrds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 25 rush yards

Moss= 5 for 50 (one is a 30 yard TD)

Kelly= 2 for 15 (red zone TD)

Portis= 26 for 125 and 1 TD and one crushing block to save JC's butt.

Davis= 4 for 30 (but 2 huge 3rd down conversions)

Smoot=1 INT

Landry=1 forced and recovered fumble (on Shockey)

Archived