Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs saints prediction thread

GOSKINS_08

21 redskins

16 saints

The shotgun helps get more 1st downs, Zorn realizes campbell plays extremely well in no huddle and uses it more during the game. 3 TDs - 1 by portis, 1 by cooley, 1 by Sellars

Saints start of with a TD on the first drive but can't get back in for the rest of the game. This defense will rely on Blache changing things around after half time. 1 TD with 3 field goals. Bush has a bad day but McAllister will have a good day running the ball.

Ok. I'll play along.

IF Portis has 125+ yards from scrimmage:

Skins 24 Saints 21

IF Portis does not have 125 yards from scrimmage:

Skins 10 Saints 31

Reason being? We need to control the ball and our passing game is just non-existant. Maybe with Portis controling the clock and making some plays our QB can do the same. At this point I would put it on the shoulders we know can carry the load. Not a knock on JC, by any means. Just a reality at the moment.:2cents:

Skins- 23

Saints-17

just gonna give our Skins a benefit of a doubt. Witnessing the Cowturds and Eagles on opening day should give them an incentive to win this one at home.

But if they produce another dry fart of a game like at that misbegotten Meadow lands then the hell with it.

Just win this damn game Skins. :helmet:

Saints 35

Skins 10

I hope I am wrong and the scores are reversed ... and, the Skins win big time. But, unfortunately, based on Jason's play and grasp of the offense I amnot confident that the offense will be as explosive as we need it to be.

Saints 28* Redskins 9

On offense, Saints use the pass to set up the run. Redskins are forced to go with 4 and 5 Dbs and Saints take advantage and run off tackle for nice 5-6 yard clips a carry.

On defense, Saints stack 8 in the box, resulting in a Giants-esque offensive performance for JC and the offense.

* It would be Saints 35 Redskins 9, if Colston was playing.

This really seems like a game that the Skins can win.

Campbell should probably be able to fatten his passing stats against a less-than-stellar Saint secondary. Portis should be able to get around the end for decent yardage.

Orginally, I thought this might turn out to a 'shoot-out', until Marques Colston was scratched. If the Skins can mount a pass rush, Brees could be neutralized by our defense, and our offense can build a lead to win the game.

My prediction: The Skins should win this game with some score around 27-17. But I add the caveate that if the Skins offense continues to sputter, and we lose this home-opener, we Skins fans might be in for l-o-n-g season.

IMO, Campbell will have to be "on" with his passing, and force the Saints respect the Skins' passing game. And if Kelly can play, we may have another WR to help him exploit weaknesses in the Saint's coverage schemes.

Go Skins!

Orginally, I thought this might turn out to a 'shoot-out', until Marques Colston was scratched. If the Skins can mount a pass rush, Brees could be neutralized by our defense, and our offense can build a lead to win the game.

Go Skins!

what redskins are you watching? a shootout? are you kidding me? :doh:

i know the saints secondary is garbage but cmon....

Long time Saints fan here and there's nothing fair-weathered about me.

I began to read this thread just for the hell of it thinking it was going to be all "Hail to the Redskins!" and the like. Boy, was I surprised to read all the 'skins fans saying the Saints were going to win. Waving the white flag... already. Where is the Redskin's fighting spirit? Where are all the fans that believe and trust in their Front Office, Coaches, play calling, and team? Where are all the... Hogs?

Reading this kind of drivel about the skins losing on Sunday instantly reminds me of the San Fransisco 49'ers and their limp wrist'd fan base. Now, those clowns are some fair weather fans and boo-hoo cry babies.

But this is Injun territory.... Isn't it?

Seven pages on this thread and I went back and counted... 43 posters said the Redskins will win and, surprisingly, 35 posters called for a Saints victory. Some quoted large margins of victory, too. And this on a Burgundy and Gold website, not a Black and Gold one. So I'll use that as my prediction on Sunday's final score;

Redskins - 43

Saints - 35

8 point difference. Eight more positive post on this thread than negative, that is weak for a "extreme fan" site. I'm a Saints fan and I am looking forward to a great game between two hungry teams. I want my team to face the very best team the 'Skins can muster. Look, I'm a homer for my guys but I'm reading far too much defeatism here. Let's have a good game, let's have our best teams fielded, let's have true fans pulling for their squads. I'm going to pull for mine, should all ya'll pull for yours?

Yes, my Redskin neighbors, begin your A-Game on Sunday because we are going to certainly bring ours. Peace out.

JC

Archived