Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiwanuka accuses Samuels of dirty play(merged)

Cruising270

The Giants always cry about the skins. This is going on three years that I've heard or read a giant player crying about the redskins. I think Tiki said he hated playing the redskins because he would always get punched or kneed in the ribs. God I hope one day the skins put a team on the field that can win the division just to rub it in those Giant, Eagle and Cowboy fans.

There are two choices in this scenario...

1. Samuels gets beat by Kiwanuka, gives up on the play and Campbell gets blindsided. Campbell fumbles, gets sacked, gets injured.

2. Samuels gets beat by Kiwanuka, doesn't give up and does everything at all possible to protect his QB. This may mean a dirty shot, a penalty, a fine. The QB is alright though, no fumble, sack or injury.

I'd take option #2 thank you very much. Dirty play or not, Samuels did the right thing.

1. Samuels gets beat by Kiwanuka, gives up on the play and Campbell gets blindsided. Campbell fumbles, gets sacked, gets injured.

2. Samuels gets beat by Kiwanuka, doesn't give up and does everything at all possible to protect his QB. This may mean a dirty shot, a penalty, a fine. The QB is alright though, no fumble, sack or injury.

I'd take option #2 thank you very much. Dirty play or not, Samuels did the right thing.

Its called a hold and it doesn't hurt anyone. Going low like that is unnecessary.
it was clearly a cheap shot out of frustration so sad yall dont see it that way
Looked exactly like that to me and it wouldn't be the first time from Samuels. He gets frustrated sometimes.

it was clearly a cheap shot out of frustration so sad yall dont see it that way

Sorry it makes you so sad. On another topic, it kinda made me sad that after Kendall dislodged Pierce's helmet, that Kendall didn't take a swing at Pierce. How about Pierce's cheap shot later on....

it happens all the time with linemen on both sides. Dirty plays happen all over w/o most people realizing it. A friend of mine is really good friends with a starting center in the league (went to the same high school) and the center tells my friend about all sorts of dirty things everyone gets away with.

So if the QB is OK at the end of the day, it's not a dirty play? If Samuels cracks Kiwi's leg in half intentionally but Campbell is OK, is it still clean play?

So if the QB is OK at the end of the day, it's not a dirty play? If Samuels cracks Kiwi's leg in half intentionally but Campbell is OK, is it still clean play?

I wouldn't say intentionally injure the guy, but if you have to do something that will potentially draw a flag to keep your QB from getting blind-sided, so be it.

If it makes you feel any better, I would expect the Giants O line to do the same thing in order to protect Eli. It is football, a full contact sport.

;5502358']Come on guys' date=' if it happened to a Redskins player you guys would be up in arms calling for someone's head. I was very upset at first but looking at it again, the hold/tackle was intentional but not landing on his leg. Kiwanuka suffered a broken leg last year so he is probably more sensitive to something like this than other players would be.

And give me a break with the comments about him crying, whining, he needs to man up, and all the other one's that are similar. His season could have easily been ended on that play.

It wasn't intentional but given what happened to him last year, it is understandable why he is upset.[/quote']

Agreed. O linemen hold when they're beaten all the time, its better to take the 10 than allow a hit - and a blindside hit at that - on your QB. I understand Kiwi was upset over his previous injury, but he's played against Samuels before. He knows Chris isn't a dirty player. I'm sure once he slept on it he woke up with a different perspective on the play.

Archived