Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiwanuka accuses Samuels of dirty play(merged)

Cruising270

Warren Sapp intentionally blind sighted a guy in Green Bay when the Bucs picked off a pass. He intentionally did it to keep that GB player from tackling his own corner.

Is that not dirty, too?

That you're trying to compare two totally different actions, situations AND results is ridiculous.

Tackling someone like you would a ball carrier in probably the most gentle way there is in football (grabbing around the legs and bringing them down) is nothing like Sapp's shot at Clifton and you know it.

Also, it's not dirty because there was no intent, no subterfuge, no viciousness or malice involved. Dirty would have to be ONE of those things.

That you're trying to compare two totally different actions, situations AND results is ridiculous.

Tackling someone like you would a ball carrier in probably the most gentle way there is in football (grabbing around the legs and bringing them down) is nothing like Sapp's shot at Clifton and you know it.

Also, it's not dirty because there was no intent, no subterfuge, no viciousness or malice involved. Dirty would have to be ONE of those things.

I know, but I don't think "intent" is a good enough reason to say it wasn't dirty.

Nice! Now can you do the same for the play just before that? The one where he kicks Washington as he gets up after the tackle.

All I know if I was Marcus Washington there would be 15 on me. That was an absolute ***** slap. That is just crossing the line of manly behavior. If you get slapped in the face like that, there's nothing else you can do. You have to fight. I would have been useless the rest of the night until I got mine.

I know, but I don't think "intent" is a good enough reason to say it wasn't dirty.

I didn't list intent only, though, if you'll notice.

No malice, no intent, no viciousness, nothing beyond the pale of predictable and usually safe behavior. This is not some kind of savage facemask, diving at knees or anything.

it's taking someone down in what is probably the most gentle way you can in football, other than pushing someone who's already off balance.

Again, for the cementheaded---it wasn't a dirty play. You Giants fans are merely being partisan, not objective. If Samuels had grabbed Tuck's facemask or DOVE at his knees or put a helmet in his back or under his chin or horsecollared him (or basically a dozen other things) THEN you can level that charge.

Since it played out as it DID, then it can't be called dirty. Breaking a rule is not in and of itself dirty. Otherwise tackling a receiver in EXACTLY the same way who is headed to a wide open TD that will cost you the game is 'dirty.' It's not. And in this case, Samuels was protecting his QB from a kill shot.

Warren Sapp intentionally blind sighted a guy in Green Bay when the Bucs picked off a pass. He intentionally did it to keep that GB player from tackling his own corner.

Is that not dirty, too?

no it wasn't???? that was a legal hit from what I remember...Should he have hit him softer--take that s&@% to the canadian league. Same thing happened to Shawn Springs against the Eagles a couple of years ago...I don't remember any cheap shot accusations being thrown around by him...

no it wasn't???? that was a legal hit from what I remember...Should he have hit him softer--take that s&@% to the canadian league. Same thing happened to Shawn Springs against the Eagles a couple of years ago...I don't remember any cheap shot accusations being thrown around by him...

That Sapp hit was completely 100% legit. The fact that it happened to a OL who wasn't near the play was what pissed the Pack off. Don't they tell you in freakin pee wee football to keep your 'head on a swivel' out there? That OL didn't and Sapp made sure he was knocked out of the play.

All of you making fun of Kiwanuka are absolute hypocrites. If this role was reversed and Taylor was on the receiving end of a cheap shot (whether intentional or not), you'd be up in arms. Sometimes I shake my head....

That being said, it was a dirty play. However, I have no doubt Samuels was trying to protect his QB from a devastating hit rather than trying to injure the opposing player, and the ankle injury was far from intended. Regardless, everyone calling Kiwanuka a liar/sissy/whatever are full of crap. Your stance would be opposite if it was a 'Skin on the receiving end.

the problem is I personally pride myself as a redskin fan and one of the main reasons I became a redskin fan is that we dont take cheap shots nor do we do anything intentially illegal. I dont agree that this was a dirty play and I do think kiwanuka is a little ***** . I mean really look at samuels at the end of the play. Antonio pierce even said that it wasnt intentional and we all know what a little ***** he is.

Was it intentional? I'm not Samuels so I don't know. I'll respond with another question... Did Brandon Jacobs intentionally punch Marcus Washington? Uh, not once but twice - missed with the first, connected with the second . Oh, and nobody seems to have noticed the play before that. After a clean tackle by Washington, Jacobs got up, KICKED Washington, and headed back to the huddle.

The Giants don't have any moral ground to complain about that game. Take your hard-earned victory and shut up.

:cheers:

All of you making fun of Kiwanuka are absolute hypocrites. If this role was reversed and Taylor was on the receiving end of a cheap shot (whether intentional or not), you'd be up in arms. Sometimes I shake my head....

That being said, it was a dirty play. However, I have no doubt Samuels was trying to protect his QB from a devastating hit rather than trying to injure the opposing player, and the ankle injury was far from intended. Regardless, everyone calling Kiwanuka a liar/sissy/whatever are full of crap. Your stance would be opposite if it was a 'Skin on the receiving end.

Amen,people just need to shut up .

Word!:cheers:

It doesn't look intentional to me, not at all. It's funny that the Giants are calling Samuels "dirty", their O-line was cutting all game that is considered "dirty" too.

Are you speaking of all the facemasks, holding and low tackling that was going on during the game? Hum, don't you know the refs "didn't" see it AND when they did~ didn't do anything about it. Odd~ they kicked Taylor out of a game for simply "riding himself of mouth fluids" in the direction of another player.

Guess the saying goes: It's who you know and who they are reffing for ;)

it was bush. I didnt see any of our lineman diving at Carter or anyone elses legs after getting beat for a sack. Its just not right. Kiwi easily could have broke his leg again. Its cheap. Very bush league.

41454.JPG

"I've never watched football before. I don't realize that what happened is SOP in the NFL and while unfortunate will happen again in the very next game I watch. I just want to cry like a little *****."

Ok, so to make ourselves feel better after we get spanked ,we can justify a dirty play by someone on our team.(wow):wtf::doh:

It wasn't dirty. Dirty is going after a guys knees or punching him in the groin. What he did was do exactly what every single lineman in the league has been trained to do. He kept a big lineman who was going to absolutely cream his QB from doing just that by tackling him. It was a penalty but only because he was an offensive lineman not because it was a dirty play. He was called for holding, not unsportsmanlike conduct. If Campbell had been running away from Kiwanuka and had been tackled in the exact same fashion people would not be talking about it as a dirty play.

I already broke down why it wasn't dirty. I've been in enough discussions to establish my 'objective' cred, so I don't need to do so here. All I'll say is that I expect more from you herrmag and the play was not dirty. A penalty? Of course, so is offsides, pass inteference or using another player as a launchpad to block a kick. Illegal does not equal dirty and I'm not sure where this dunderheaded notion developed.

I would also caution Skins fans who are pretending to be objective or merely pointing out the obvious (that we would be upset about an injury) that they do not speak for all Skins fans, nor do they know WHAT we "all" would say about a similar play occurring to a Skin in exactly the same way.

The play wasn't dirty. It was a leg wrap-up tackle. In what world is this a dirty play?

yeah I didn't care much either....He's just pissed cause he got floored by CP.

YEP!.....Notice he didnt even comment about that one? Fact is he needs to man up. The Broncos go low everydown and its legal, although most teams wont do it because the possibility of injuring someone. If he has only 1 play to comment on about samuels throughout the whole game, then he knows Samuels is not a dirty player as he proclaims.

Ok, so to make ourselves feel better after we get spanked ,we can justify a dirty play by someone on our team.(wow):wtf::doh:

As I noted after this response. I saw the almost same exact play happen the other night. Nobody got hurt, nobody mentioned it, but a flag was thrown for holding. It was not a dirty play.

To elaborate further on my comment above, no I wouldn't. And I think there a many here who wouldn't. For my part, it's because I have seen this done by many olinemen over the years and it happened without injury. The intent and the play, are merely ways a linemen is trying to save their QB from getting hammered by a tackle from behind. It's not much different than an open field tackle doing the same thing. Sometimes, bad things happen. But that doesn't make it dirty. If it was, there would be a rule about it for sure. Just like the Horse collar rule.

Amen,people just need to shut up .

And you can be the first.

Archived