Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Colt (Merged)

TK

I agree. I think Colt played a little too tentatively today. He's got to find the balance between the gunslinger and game manager. Today, he took the coach's lessons a little bit too close to heart.

Jason had another strong outing.

Yeah, he's flashing potential, but he needs to find the balance.

No doubt he can't.

Edit: wait wait, no - doubt - he - can't....no doubt he can't, so, i have no doubt he can't...have no doubts = believe...i believe he can't...WAIT THATS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO SAY! I believe HE CAN find the balance...just making sure.

It's pre-season. So, the team is not in mid-season form. Shocker huh? However, Jason and the first stringers looked good. No worries here.

Wrong again. All the first stringers except Jason looked good. No TD's. Remember?

;)

Let me try to steer this thread back to its original purpose - Colt was a rookie today. Simple as that. Missed some stuff (that 3rd down pass to the flat comes to mind) and didn't seem to have that same attacking mentality as the last game. Perhaps it was the play-calling. But hopefully this will temper all the man-crushes for now.

Colt did not have a bad game. The O line, receivers, and coaches had a bad game. Colt played as well as any hall of fame quarter back would have. Colt you didn't fail the Redskins, the Redskins have failed you.

Hail to Colt Brennan uh i mean Hail to the redskins.

Forgive me. I have a low post count and this portends a lack of said knowledge. Thanks for being an understanding mod. :cool:

It's okay...this time. Ya know buy 'em books send 'em to school....

;)

Okay. It was news to me as well that Jason needed a TD to look good. ;)

Frankly, what I saw from Colt Brennan is just what I would want to see from a backup if we ever got in a pinch. Face it - if TC or CB ends up in the game, the game won't be on their shoulders, but on the very capable shoulders of our running backs. Colt didn't make any game-winning throws, which I don't have an issue with. You're not going to throw touchdowns every game. But he stayed away from getting picked off. In terms of his overall preseason QB rating, he's still doing pretty damn good. I believe it's 13/18, forgot the yardage total - somewhere around 130 or so - 2 TDs, no picks. It's obvious today that the linemen enjoyed run blocking a lot more than they enjoyed pass blocking. A big contributor to that was the fact that Todd Wade and Stephon Heyer were both injured.

Colt didn't have a bad game. A bad game is where two of those 4 incompletions go the other way. The first ball he threw, he threw it away because his guy didn't get open. Smart on first down, especially considering that earlier in the game, TC had tried to force a throw like that and gotten it picked off. And one or two drops hurt him, too. If he's got Moss and Randle El in there, he's most likely at least one completion better than what he gave us.

Frankly, what I saw from Colt Brennan is just what I would want to see from a backup if we ever got in a pinch.(snip)

I agree with this assessment.

This game, I think Colt demonstrated that he is a student of Zorn. Without (me) knowing what was in Coach's actual gameplan, he seemed to be following the general idea of marching down the field, eating up the clock, doing a variety of things on the ground and in the air.

He got out of trouble; lived to play another day. Showed that his is not a one-dimensional gunslinger that needs the adulation of the crowd to exist.

He loves football and loves to learn. Makes his "IT" factor a lot deeper and less sparkly. :cheers:

3rd string line struggled overall. Brennan did what Zorn wanted him to in relation to mechanics and footwork (except the jump pass). Two incompletions were in the recievers hands, they need to catch those. He showed he is coachable, and mortal.

Here are the QB stats from the game:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

T. Collins 8/11 77 7.0 1 1

J. Campbell 7/10 71 7.1 0 0

C. Brennan 4/8 37 4.6 0 0

D. Devine 1/3 10 3.3 0 0

So the only person to get a TD and an INT was TC and CB wasn't as hot as the last game. Maybe because the Colt were trying really hard like the Bills D was.

Even if Colt didn't light it up it was still a good game for him from a teaching stand point.

At the end we got a win and that is still huge for Zorn being the new HC and all.

HTTR!:point2sky

Archived