Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Colt (Merged)

TK

and here is a prime example why this thread is on point

I mean I get that #5 has some ablitiy and he looked good against the practice squaders from the colts, but to compare him to Marino is

Ridiculous :doh:

I'm talking his release quickness which is a measurable.

He either has a quicker release than Marino or he doesn't. I've seen them both and Colt's the quicker draw in part because of his 3/4th release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXZqP4P9a8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjRASvsWvY

(check the throw at 01:13. Any other qb that would've been a sack)

you believe being drafted in the 6th round makes you "Special"

Being drafted peroid is special. I can't see how anyone could disagree with that. Out of the many 1000's of men playing college football, someone selected in the 6th round would say that yes there were 160 other players picked before you, your still worthy of being picked 161. Thats cool in my eyes

;)

Being drafted peroid is special. I can't see how anyone could disagree with that. Out of the many 1000's of men playing college football, someone selected in the 6th round would say that yes there were 160 other players picked before you, your still worthy of being picked 161. Thats cool in my eyes

I actually meant it as a joke . . . since the Hawaii fans wanted to see Colt go in the 1st but I guess it didn't come across right.

In a way going in the 6th round could work better. Obviously, expectations are lower than if he were taken in the first 3 rounds.

Gotta always try and put a positive spin on things. For a guy like Colt that's been through a lot I'm sure he's learned about looking on the positive side. Sometimes, a positive attitude is all it takes to get you through life and succeed.

In a way going in the 6th round could work better. Obviously, expectations are lower than if he were taken in the first 3 rounds.

Gotta always try and put a positive spin on things. For a guy like Colt that's been through a lot I'm sure he's learned about looking on the positive side. Sometimes, a positive attitude is all it takes to get you through life and succeed.

I think falling to the 6th round to Zorn is definitely a blessing in disguise. Master the WCO which what like 75% of NFL teams run these days and 2 or 3 years down the line if he doesn't overtake JC for the starting job, I think Colt will be starting elsewhere.

Guest Spearfeather

Originally Posted by SkinsGuy

Well, if you are going to hang out here, ya better get used to the name "Redskins".

Yeah, I am...

Just have to banish thoughts of Wounded Knee and such stuff to the back of the brain. I'm trying!

Not seeing the connection.

Guest Spearfeather
ya I like the kid but I am sick of him already and I don't like him getting spotlight from JC...Colt is a rookie clipboard holder that is all.

I am worried about potential qb contorversy though or bs b/cause of the ridiculous cult of colt...

JC is the 'skins QB and is the man!!!!!!

For now.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

He's a backup quarterback who got away with some high-risk decisions in one pre-season game. Don't get me wrong...He's in burgundy and gold, so I hope he turns out to be all-world. But I'm holding off on installation of the altar.

Somewhere, Babe Laufenberg has to be pretty bitter that these boards didn't exist in the '80s.

Even though it sounds like the cult of colt is rooting for J.C. to fail, there's nothing wrong with rooting for our Back up QB for the next 6 years. :D

I am a Fan of Colt Brennan. I am from Hawaii. By no means do I want Jason Campbell to fail, if you check all my posts, I've never mentioned any such thing. I'm sure this is the same sentiment of all us Hawaiians on this board. WE are just so excited that Colt has an opportunity. He is a feel good story all around.

Hawaii is more a "Culture" of Colt than a "cult". Culture is a practice, a habit, a way we do things over a period of time. That culture developed over a period of time after seeing good things on the football field.

Our emphasis is on the promotion of good things we see- not slamming things we don't see.

I invite you to offer some good things about our starting QB to help us appreciate him more. I started a thread about it last night and it's somewhere on page 2.

Colt won't be your backup QB in 6 years. Either he'll replace JC or will be starting for another team.

The only way he'll replace J.C. is if Colt hires someone to Nancy Kerrigan Campbell's knee but JC is too tough for even that so he's probably California bound to Frisco or Da Raiduhs

I personally don't understand how you can be a fan of a player, and not a team, to the extreme I'm seeing here. Well, I could understand it if it were your kid or a relative or something like that but the QB of the local University? I don't get it. I saw the guy play, my lowly Aggie's are in the WAC too. He's good, he comes with a good story and he probably has a pretty bright future. But who did all you Hawaiians like in the NFL before Colt came along? Were you all NFL agnostics or what?

I've been a Skins fan my whole life. We had a couple really good players come out of NMSU over the years, including Fred Young who played for the Seahags and was good. I didn't dream of becoming a Seahag fan. Though I liked to see Young do well. How can you be a Johnny come lately NFL fan? Somethings wrong with that IMO.

I'm not hating on you, don't get me wrong. The more fans the better and you've lucked into having your boy on one of the most storied and legendary franchises around. I welcome you to Skins nation but I still don't get it.

I personally don't understand how you can be a fan of a player, and not a team, to the extreme I'm seeing here.

If you were able to ask my 14 year old son, he'd tell you that his dad jumped up off the sofa with fist in the air as it became apparent Campbell's pass into the endzone was going to be caught by a Redskin.

Of course many of us from the islands don't bleed B&G nor do we sing HTTR, but nonetheless, come Sundays, we're pulling for the Skins not only to win, but to win big.

I personally don't understand how you can be a fan of a player, and not a team, to the extreme I'm seeing here. Well, I could understand it if it were your kid or a relative or something like that ... I don't get it... But who did all you Hawaiians like in the NFL before Colt came along? Were you all NFL agnostics or what?

He's like a relative. And we do love the whole team. The Warriors are pretty much Hawaii's football team. We follow all our "sons" who make it to the NFL. We root for their teams because they are playing for them.

Some of us have favorite NFL teams, some are "agnostics" or just uncommitted :D. I was raised in cheesehead country but I first became interested in football when Tarkenton was playing for the Giants. I really liked Joe Montana and followed his career. And I moved from place to place until Hawaii became home 40 years ago.

(UH Warriors are my team.)

Colt is like an adopted son to the whole state. It's a rare human being that can earn that kind of love and unify a whole nation of islands in the middle of nowhere. We want him to succeed. He loves football, so we support him in that. He is a team player so we embrace the whole team as well.

At this moment in time, are we not all wanting the same thing? Success and a great year for the Washington Redskins! So let's get it on, bring on the food, make new friends and cheer for the team!

:wave:

One game?

Here's the crazy thing. He entered at 10:44 into the 3rd Quarter & left the game with 10:30 left in the 4th Quarter.

1st Drive: 8 Plays - 74 Yards - 4:53 Drive

2nd Drive: 15 Plays - 88 Yards - 2 Penalties - 7:46 Drive

That's 12 minutes & 39 seconds.

One more time.

CB5 was on the field for 12 minutes & 39 seconds. And now, ES is a crazy house because of it. Saturday can't get here soon enough.:laugh:

Oh I'm pickin up what you're layin down, bro. I did say looked good "in" one game vs "for" one game. That said, now that you've broken it down and one realizes just how little time The Colt actually had to perform those miraculous feats, it just makes his unparalled awesomeness that much more impressive.

Holy cow.

IN COLT WE TRUST!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!

:D

Archived