Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Colt (Merged)

TK

Stop it man. We like laughing at the clueless. :)

I'm not trying to be banned again from this forum so I'm trying to keep this very political. I don't appreciate being called names like this. We are all Redskins fans here. Please keep it clean. If I said this to you I'd be gone for a week right?

Mods are not supposed to be this funny. That's Crushers and my job damn it -

I`m sorry, but I have to ask. How is referring to our new fans from Hawaii as pineapples funny?

And then follow that up by suggesting to an fan in Hawaii to unlearn what they have learned about the term Redskins.

It may be ironic, but I do not find it funny.

:2cents:

I'm not trying to be banned again from this forum so I'm trying to keep this very political. I don't appreciate being called names like this. We are all Redskins fans here. Please keep it clean. If I said this to you I'd be gone for a week right?

Politics are also frowned upon in this forum.

:)

I'm actually loving all the love the boy is getting. I do not support any one saying or thinking that he will one day replace Jason. Jason is our YOUNG quarterback and is getting rave reviews. I'm also concerned people jump on the band wagon to fast, too hard. Who knows how this kid will pan out and he's still a project. Just a project with a potentiall high upside. But I don't think we need to be in fighting amongst each other about the level of love this kid is getting. Some people get carried away. So what. This is a GOOD problem to have. After last year, it's great that we have something so intriguing to occupy our thoughts. We have a new coach that seems to be the right answer to our biggest issue over the last 30 years. QB. Now we have a starter AND a 3rd string QB that is the talk of the NFL (minus #4).

Let's just all breathe, be brothers and get on the same page. We have a potential superstar quarterback and his name is Jason Campbell. We also have a potential superstar in a rookie 3rd stringer. This is, again, a good thing!

And the threads are happening because of how intriguing this story truly is. We are waiting on Jason. We hear and see good things from Jason. We are being tempered with our anticipation with Jason. So let's get our crazy out of the way in the form of CB5.

It went right over your head.

I`m sorry, but I have to ask. How is referring to our new fans from Hawaii as pineapples funny?

And then follow that up by suggesting to an fan in Hawaii to unlearn what they have learned about the term Redskins.

It may be ironic, but I do not find it funny.

:2cents:

"--"

nevermind. Carry on.

Speaking of segregation... I grew up with the Milwaukee Braves (orig. from WI) so team names with ethnic references are not new. But I really have an inherent problem with the "redskins" name, especially after living in Hawaii. I deal with it like a logo but I would feel wierd talking about "my team, the Redskins" around my native american friends. I like the sound of Washington Warriors, though. smile.gif

I know some other posters have already addressed this post, but I figured I'd help you out a little.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1845154&postcount=15

This links to a post made a few years back that features other links to ES discussions and articles regarding the Redskins name and logo that you may find interesting, particularly the third link. smile.gif

I don't think he was referring to our new fans from Hawaii as "pineapples"...he was using a stereotype about Hawaii (pineapples everywhere) to absurdly exaggerate the influx of Hawaiian Colt fans, and Colt fans in general...as if they brought pineapples with them to ES lol (if Colt had played for Alaska, he would have said something like snowballs...if he played for USC, he would have said suntan lotion or Paris Hilton sex videos).

There are a LOT of amazingly sensitive Colt fans on this site, and amazingly enough very few of them are new members from Hawaii.

He DID need to "unlearn what he had learned"...hell, a LOT of people need to, because they know absolutely ZERO about the Redskins' history, why the name was chosen, how we acquired the logo, and what most Native Americans think of the whole thing. Why in the world would suggesting that a new member read up on that history to better understand the franchise name be insulting?

Good ****ing lord :doh:...It's posts like this that make me want to cut Colt lol :laugh:...just get him out of the damn league so we don't have to deal with this nonsense lol... :silly:

I don't think he was referring to our new fans from Hawaii as "pineapples"...he was using a stereotype about Hawaii (pineapples everywhere) to absurdly exaggerate the influx of Hawaiian Colt fans, and Colt fans in general...as if they brought pineapples with them to ES lol (if Colt had played for Alaska, he would have said something like snowballs...if he played for USC, he would have said suntan lotion or Paris Hilton sex videos).

There are a LOT of amazingly sensitive Colt fans on this site, and amazingly enough very few of them are new members from Hawaii.

He DID need to "unlearn what he had learned"...hell, a LOT of people need to, because they know absolutely ZERO about the Redskins' history, why the name was chosen, how we acquired the logo, and what most Native Americans think of the whole thing. Why in the world would suggesting that a new member read up on that history to better understand the franchise name be insulting?

Good ****ing lord :doh:...It's posts like this that make me want to cut Colt lol :laugh:...just get him out of the damn league so we don't have to deal with this nonsense lol... :silly:

pssst, Cali.

<jerks thumb over shoulder>

This mob of pitchfork-wielders wants to talk to you...

It went right over your head.

My perception is that fans are supposed to root for the long shots. Colt is a 6th round pick for a reason, he's a very long shot to have an NFL career. Who cares how many jerseys he's selling? Is that a bad thing? Is it a bad thing that the great people of Hawaii are still rooting for him and now are Redskin fans? Aren't we supposed to enjoy all of this? How many 6th round picks in the league actually have a freaking jersey for that matter? Instead of enjoying this like we all should and rooting the kid on and praising the front office, you make a post basically saying "its silly to have so many posts about the kid" and make fun of the people supporting him. Sorrry I don't agree.

I can't fathom how someone could be down on a long shot when we've risked very little and if it pans out we could be a much better team for taking the risk. If that's your point your right its over my head. I can't understand why people aren't happier about this kid? How many 6th rounder QB's ever make a difference in the league let alone have a career? Give the kid a break and enjoy the media attention.

I hope I don't get banned for this post. I mean no disrespect and I'm not calling you any names unlike what you said to me. We simply are seeing the Coltmania and reacting differently.

ya I like the kid but I am sick of him already and I don't like him getting spotlight from JC...Colt is a rookie clipboard holder that is all.

I am worried about potential qb contorversy though or bs b/cause of the ridiculous cult of colt...

JC is the 'skins QB and is the man!!!!!!

ya I like the kid but I am sick of him already and I don't like him getting spotlight from JC...Colt is a rookie clipboard holder that is all.

I am worried about potential qb contorversy though or bs b/cause of the ridiculous cult of colt...

There won't be a controversy because Zorn will make damn sure everyone alive knows the QB rotation. Sure, fans may have their favorites but whoever is named starter by Zorn won't be looking over his shoulder...at all. Zorn's played the position so he knows.

Surely to goodness, there REALLY are NOT people who ACTUALLy think Colt is ready to compete against JC.

This is all in fun, right?

Dear lord, let this be in fun.

Archived