Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Colt (Merged)

TK

I`m sorry, but I have to ask. How is referring to our new fans from Hawaii as pineapples funny?

And then follow that up by suggesting to an fan in Hawaii to unlearn what they have learned about the term Redskins.

It may be ironic, but I do not find it funny.

:2cents:

Reading comprehension > you.

Sorry.

I don't think he was referring to our new fans from Hawaii as "pineapples"...he was using a stereotype about Hawaii (pineapples everywhere) to absurdly exaggerate the influx of Hawaiian Colt fans, and Colt fans in general...as if they brought pineapples with them to ES lol (if Colt had played for Alaska, he would have said something like snowballs...if he played for USC, he would have said suntan lotion or Paris Hilton sex videos).

There are a LOT of amazingly sensitive Colt fans on this site, and amazingly enough very few of them are new members from Hawaii.

He DID need to "unlearn what he had learned"...hell, a LOT of people need to, because they know absolutely ZERO about the Redskins' history, why the name was chosen, how we acquired the logo, and what most Native Americans think of the whole thing. Why in the world would suggesting that a new member read up on that history to better understand the franchise name be insulting?

Good ****ing lord :doh:...It's posts like this that make me want to cut Colt lol :laugh:...just get him out of the damn league so we don't have to deal with this nonsense lol... :silly:

See.

Not everything is lost on everyone. :)

My perception is that fans are supposed to root for the long shots. Colt is a 6th round pick for a reason, he's a very long shot to have an NFL career. Who cares how many jerseys he's selling? Is that a bad thing? Is it a bad thing that the great people of Hawaii are still rooting for him and now are Redskin fans? Aren't we supposed to enjoy all of this? How many 6th round picks in the league actually have a freaking jersey for that matter? Instead of enjoying this like we all should and rooting the kid on and praising the front office, you make a post basically saying "its silly to have so many posts about the kid" and make fun of the people supporting him. Sorrry I don't agree.

I can't fathom how someone could be down on a long shot when we've risked very little and if it pans out we could be a much better team for taking the risk. If that's your point your right its over my head. I can't understand why people aren't happier about this kid? How many 6th rounder QB's ever make a difference in the league let alone have a career? Give the kid a break and enjoy the media attention.

I hope I don't get banned for this post. I mean no disrespect and I'm not calling you any names unlike what you said to me. We simply are seeing the Coltmania and reacting differently.

Ya know, you could just admit that you don't get this thread. Or humor. Or even sarcasm. Or that you don't fully understand the rules as they are written, but rather as you think they're written. Do those, & no one will laugh. Continue, & well....you see how's it went so far. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm gettin' tired of all you guys putting leis around my neck and doing the hula!!

:laugh: Ummm...I dunno about putting a lei on another dude, but definitely no hula:D

By the way, if you don't mind a bit off-topic, which game you gonna watch? I'm curious to see Flacco.

:laugh: Ummm...I dunno about putting a lei on another dude, but definitely no hula:D

By the way, if you don't mind a bit off-topic, which game you gonna watch? I'm curious to see Flacco.

I'm following the Giants right now. Kitna carved them up lol :D

but yeah, I'm curious to see all the new QBs, including Flacco. Boller is starting, and why he's still in the league I have no idea lol :laugh:...

Ya know, you could just admit that you don't get this thread. Or humor. Or even sarcasm. Or that you don't fully understand the rules as they are written, but rather as you think they're written. Do those, & no one will laugh. Continue, & well....you see how's it went so far. :)

My point was made and you don't get that. I don't get how you can insult me constantly and nothings done to you while I've had 7 or more bannings on this forum any time I respond to someone who's insult me like you did in kind. I guess we both don't get something. Its extremely easy to have a one sided arguement so I'll leave you to your fan club and not say another word

TK- you could be right. Some of us might not get it. I guess I was more sarcastic etc. when I was younger and felt powerless. But as a grandma, I like supporting the young kids and want to see everyone have a shot at realizing their dreams.

I don't know Jason or Todd and I hope those who do will post some good stuff about them on their own threads so I can find them and learn. In the meantime, here is one example of why I think CB will be good for The 'Skins. He knows how to be patient and work towards a goal. This is the day he announced he would stay in Hawaii for his Senior Year.

Yes, for cripes sake.

He looked good in one game.

If he continues to look as good and TC struggles, he has a shot at #2.

We will watch and see.

End of discussion.

One game?

Here's the crazy thing. He entered at 10:44 into the 3rd Quarter & left the game with 10:30 left in the 4th Quarter.

1st Drive: 8 Plays - 74 Yards - 4:53 Drive

2nd Drive: 15 Plays - 88 Yards - 2 Penalties - 7:46 Drive

That's 12 minutes & 39 seconds.

One more time.

CB5 was on the field for 12 minutes & 39 seconds. And now, ES is a crazy house because of it. Saturday can't get here soon enough.:laugh:

Archived