Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cult of Colt (Merged)

TK

Will Colt Brennan get his own thread after every game this season?

Hmmmm....you just gave me a great idea.:D Oh by the way the season for Colt ends after pre-season is over and he will be on the bench learning. So really you only have to put up with it for 3 more games. :silly:

He might hold a clip board all year. But he is the most blogged about person on this whole team. Just look how many people are talking about him. And check out his jerseys sales. I went to Denver and watched the game last weekend at ESPN bar on 16 street the place was going crazy watching him. And this is no knok on JC. But the Denver people know CB.

I thought he would get drafted by Denver after the Senior Bowl interaction with him and I guess I wasn't the only one! :cheers:

Redskins are doing well. Zorn has a plan. Colt has tons of upside, but has to learn Zorns playbook, improve mechanics and adjust to the speed of the NFL. I hope he gets the time to evolve under Zorn. Jason Campbell should have a career defining year, wish him the best, i have a feeling he will do great.

Redskins are doing well. Zorn has a plan. Colt has tons of upside, but has to learn Zorns playbook, improve mechanics and adjust to the speed of the NFL. I hope he gets the time to evolve under Zorn. Jason Campbell should have a career defining year, wish him the best, i have a feeling he will do great.

JC definitely has the tools to be a great QB. There's no reason to think he won't be but of course time will tell.

And Zorn has already turned a 6th round QB into an all pro and I'm looking forward to a repeat performance with Colt.

Well, when Romo sits to pee was signed as an UDFA - he worked hard to alter his motion just to make the team.

Romo sits to pee was recognized way before the end of his collegiate career at E. Illinois University that he was something special. Before a game against Hawaii, June Jones pointed out that Romo sits to pee had a pro career ahead of him. I'm not sure he was the longshot project you describe.

Unfortunately, Zorn, like 90 percent of NFL coaches is overcontrolling. At some point you have to turn it over to the spontaneity of the QB; especially if you are playing a WCO. He wants a WCO, but he wants every play scripted, with a game-management QB. It's a contradiction.

Whether Colt plays at all this season, this is the pre-season.... and it would be the perfect time to let him do what he does best; like he did at Hawaii.

If that means letting him move the pocket (gasp) to freeze the pass defense, and find the open WR, so be it. What happened if it actually worked.

well did not get to watch the game, sounds like JC moved the team well and our RB's are going to be pretty damn good. sounds like things are going as planned. colt did not have a bad game but not spectacular. he needs to keep learning.

Q: some of you said colt looked tenative. do you think some of the comments of colt forcing things and making mistakes got him second guessing a little. or did zorn keep him under more control by giving him instructions of what to and not to do?

anyway sounds like the O is coming along JC moving the ball. did TC look better this week? i can read the arcticles but i would rather hear it from those who have their hearts invested in this team. the talking heads are usually wrong anyway.

Romo sits to pee was recognized way before the end of his collegiate career at E. Illinois University that he was something special. Before a game against Hawaii, June Jones pointed out that Romo sits to pee had a pro career ahead of him. I'm not sure he was the longshot project you describe.

Unfortunately, Zorn, like 90 percent of NFL coaches is overcontrolling. At some point you have to turn it over to the spontaneity of the QB; especially if you are playing a WCO. He wants a WCO, but he wants every play scripted, with a game-management QB. It's a contradiction.

Whether Colt plays at all this season, this is the pre-season.... and it would be the perfect time to let him do what he does best; like he did at Hawaii.

If that means letting him move the pocket (gasp) to freeze the pass defense, and find the open WR, so be it. What happened if it actually worked.

Ummm, actually Romo sits to pee was a longshot to make the roster. Matt Moseley wrote an article about him this past season...one of the main points was how Romo sits to pee would work extra hard in his rookie offseason to adjust his throwing motion.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254656

So this post lists the five principles of the west coast offense. Which one says the quarterback should be spontanious? Colt is still raw talent when it comes to the NFL. Letting him do whatever the eff he wants on the field is not a good way to coach him up. Patience is key.

It might work a few times, but this ain't the cupcake WAC, the NFL will bury him if he wants to do that alot. The WCO is all about timing, and moving the pocket takes time, and a play can be completely busted by doing that.

Q: some of you said colt looked tenative. do you think some of the comments of colt forcing things and making mistakes got him second guessing a little. or did zorn keep him under more control by giving him instructions of what to and not to do?

I think both. Zorn was quoted as saying he wants Colt to play good because he actually played good and not because he got lucky. In the last game there was only one risky throw that I remember - the playaction pass up the middle where he threaded the needle between the two defenders. That pass was pinpoint and there was absolutely no room for error. It was risky but that one play showed off his quick release, accuracy and confidence.

I think there can be a good balance between reigning in your QB and letting him just go out and sling it. See Favre during Holmgren and afterwards.

Seems Zorn played alot more like Colt than other "game management" QBs in the league. Now should be the time he let's Colt be Colt. Let him sling. They may need that instant offense later in the season. Read the history of Sonny Jurgenson. He used to throw behind-the-back passes. The rap was he didn't take the game seriously enough. Turned out pretty well, I'd say.

as much as we like Colt please do not try to compare him to Sonny:laugh:

ok im a raiderfan which means i live in cali and i also watch college football fresno state which is in the wac and i got to see colt breneran(when he said he was coming out to the draft his jr year i actully didnt want russell for a while i wanted peterson and breneran in the 2nd where he was projected at that time but i am happy with russell)play and have always been a fan and was wondering how he is doing and if there was a chance he might ever get to start

sketch, you're new here, so let me be the one to deliver the (bad?) news:

This is probably the 30th thread about Colt started in this forum since he was drafted. Use the search function at the top of the page and you'll find all the info you will ever need about how he's doing and his chances of starting.

Archived