Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irvin Talking About Us on "The Herd"

diesel22

Count me in on being ashamed of our fans booing someone at the Hall of Fame, whether it be Irvin or Elway. It's their day and they earned it. It's classless and petty to boo someone because he plays for a rival. I certainly would have been fighting mad had a bunch of Cowboys fan showed up to boo Art Monk.

It's the kind of garbage that Philly fans do (like when they cheered when Chris Carter got injured). I'd like to think we are classier than that.

It was not Michael Irvin's day. His day was last year. Just because someone is in the Hall of Fame does not mean you have to agree or let a lone like him. I think the league should have been more wise and selected someone else to speak. Its almost the league snubbing the Redskins. Why ruin it with someone the Redskins don't like. Why couldn't it have been Gibbs?

Count me in on being ashamed of our fans booing someone at the Hall of Fame, whether it be Irvin or Elway. It's their day and they earned it. It's classless and petty to boo someone because he plays for a rival. I certainly would have been fighting mad had a bunch of Cowboys fan showed up to boo Art Monk.

It's the kind of garbage that Philly fans do (like when they cheered when Chris Carter got injured). I'd like to think we are classier than that.

I thought it was in poor taste as well. :(

Anyone hear what Irvin just said on the herd? Colin was talking about Farve (imagine that) and how he wanted to get back at GB by playing for Minny or Chicago. Irvin said he didnt understand that mentality -- said he never would have come back to play for the Skins -- said he wouldnt do it to the fans. Cowherd asked if he would even take a weekend trip to DC, expenses paid by ESPN. Irvin said "Did you see how they treated me at the HOF!?" said he couldnt get 5 words out before we started booing. Said he has no interest in coming to DC.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We were BRUTAL and I LOVED it!!

He's right, why would any "legendary" player want to play for a hated rival? Doesn't anyone see the selfishness of Favre to think he could get away with something so dumb?

Another note, Great job to the Canton convoy of Redskins Nation :applause: :helmet:

It was not Michael Irvin's day. His day was last year.

If Cowboys fans booed Monk next year, I'd still be just as mad. The HOF shouldn't be about smack talking and fans putting hated rivalry above everything else. I would have been much happier if we allowed the day to belong to the inductees and left our fan protests out of it for the most part.

The flip side of that coin, though, is that's what you get when you keep an exceptionally classy, humble and MUCH deserving player like Monk out of the HOF for so long, yet let a showboating, drug-taking, arrogant and MUCH deserving player like Irvin in first. Had Monk made it in a few years before Irvin, I doubt the booing would have been as intense. Fans weren't just booing Irvin, they were booing the entire ridiculousness of the process along with the insane lengthy wait we had to endure so that guys like Irvin could get in first.

Booing him as a player was great... I did it every time i could. As a member of the media, its your choice to boo or just let the guy do his job...

But, as a HOFer, I thought it was down right disrespectful. I dont like him as a person but would never boo him unless he put on the jersey again and took the field. I dont like the fact he got in before Art, but the guy is in the HALL OF FAME.

To Boo Dorsett and Mel Renfro to me was very classless. I would expect that from Philly or NY fans, but never thought that The Skins nation was classless and clueless. Great players are great players and should be respected as such. But who am I.

I'm just a Skins fan!!!!!!

i gotta say, i'm a huge redskins fan and cowboy hater, but I thought it was low class, and irresponsible to boo another HOFer on induction day. Glad you think it is funny.

Skins fans should be more sophisticated than that. And you people wonder why there is a code of conduct for the NFL coming out this year. lol.

Guess it depends on how much crack he could get while he was in DC if he would come or not. I'm not even sure he deserved to be in the HOF anyway! He def did not deserve to be in before Art, that's reason enough to boo him. 190 less career receptions and he is in before Monk...no way!

I can remember an interview with Gibbs. Rumors had Jerry Jones contacting him during his initial retirement. He(Gibbs) was asked could he coach the the Cowboys. Gibbs stated "There's some things that you just can't do." Its why I never understood why Parcells coached them(Cowbums). I know there's a stain on his record Giants fans can't like.

Micheal Irvin like someone said earlier on this thread should take the boos as a compliment. He had some big games against the Skins. Hell if Monk or Riggins went down to the Cowbums territory, they'd get booed.

Booing him as a player was great... I did it every time i could. As a member of the media, its your choice to boo or just let the guy do his job...

But, as a HOFer, I thought it was down right disrespectful. I dont like him as a person but would never boo him unless he put on the jersey again and took the field. I dont like the fact he got in before Art, but the guy is in the HALL OF FAME.

To Boo Dorsett and Mel Renfro to me was very classless. I would expect that from Philly or NY fans, but never thought that The Skins nation was classless and clueless. Great players are great players and should be respected as such. But who am I.

I'm just a Skins fan!!!!!!

I completely agree. And I think comments like this:
He should have refused until Monk was in.

Are just ridiculous to go along with it. He was a dominant player, he's in the Hall of Fame now, boo him whenever you see him at some other NFL event, or on TV, hear him on the radio, or even if you watch The Longest Yard, but not in Canton during the Hall of Fame. Trashy.

And yeah, it's really his fault guys like Peter King and Dr. Z kept Monk out for so long, he should've told the HOF to stick it until they put Art in first, sure. Like anyone would actually do that :rolleyes:.

i gotta say, i'm a huge redskins fan and cowboy hater, but I thought it was low class, and irresponsible to boo another HOFer on induction day. Glad you think it is funny.

Skins fans should be more sophisticated than that. And you people wonder why there is a code of conduct for the NFL coming out this year. lol.

I think it is funny! I loved it when they introduced him and we all booed!! Just b/c he is retired doesn't mean I have to respect him or root for him any more than I did when he played for the 'boys. Plus, being a Noles fan that makes me hate him even that much more. I think he is a joke!

I think it is funny! I loved it when they introduced him and we all booed!! Just b/c he is retired doesn't mean I have to respect him or root for him any more than I did when he played for the 'boys. Plus, being a Noles fan that makes me hate him even that much more. I think he is a joke!

do you really think cowboy fans will boo Art Monk? You must not be friends with any cowboy fans. They had a lot of respect for him.

If they do boo him (and art monk won't put himself i that situation) it will be because of this kind of petty crap.

anyway, to reiterate, I hate the cowboys, but I hate 20 year old jerk kids that have no idea what they are booing more.... and people that start fights in the lot becasue of the jersey you are wearing.

just sayin.

Yeah, I wasn't happy with the booing. The chants are worse. The boo can be seen as a little jab but no need to insult HOF'rs. Dorsett and Renfro played in the era before free agency, they were drafted to a team and stuck there, that is how it was. Of course, I cursed Dorsett when he was playing but you have to respect and appreciate his skill.

Like it or not, hes in the hall. and you have to respect it or dont respect any of them. Which means Art, Green, Gibbs, Mitchell, Baugh, and the rest of the Skins HOF selections mean nothing. there will always be someone better then the person the got selected. But you always have to respect those that make it. You have your opinion but i ask that you think it through and not just be a HOMER.

I never booed Staubach, Dorsett nor Aikman when they went into the HOF and I would not boo Emmitt Smith when he gets in. However, Irvin is a different story then the other Cowboy players. The fact that he got in before Monk, the way he conducted himself not only off the field, but on the field (his stupid first down point on one knee/pushing off on every play) gives Redskins fans every right to boo his stupid ass, classy or not. There are just certain players I have no respect for and he is one of them. That does not make any Redskins fan unclassy. Aikman, Emmitt, Dorsett, Staubach, Renfro and any other Cowboy will not cause me to boo. Irvin would.

Like it or not, hes in the hall. and you have to respect it or dont respect any of them. Which means Art, Green, Gibbs, Mitchell, Baugh, and the rest of the Skins HOF selections mean nothing. there will always be someone better then the person the got selected. But you always have to respect those that make it. You have your opinion but i ask that you think it through and not just be a HOMER.

I can be whatever I want! My momma told me so! I decided to be a HOMER!!!!

Look at my earlier post about the reasons Irvin is so desperately trying to save face now. His embarrassments to the league are far from ancient history. The guy continued to show his true colors while at ESPN.

Following your......uh......'logic' the fact that I have no respect for a degenerate and scurge of society such as Irvin means - somehow - that I can't respect ppl like Art Monk, Joe Gibbs, Walter Payton, Vince Lombardi, etc??

The man should thank God every morning that ppl - as disillusioned as they may have been - felt that he belonged in the same building as these legendary men.

That is laughable

Archived