Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irvin Talking About Us on "The Herd"

diesel22

Anyone hear what Irvin just said on the herd? Colin was talking about Farve (imagine that) and how he wanted to get back at GB by playing for Minny or Chicago. Irvin said he didnt understand that mentality -- said he never would have come back to play for the Skins

I booed Irvin with many (if not most) in Canton, but agree 100% with and respect those comments by him though. Favre has made a tactical error in this whole deal (he should of either NOT retired originally or STAYED retired)...

Is this not why many of us are ****ed off at Arrington and Pierce going to the Giants, criticize the pukes for accepting TO despite his star incidents while playing for the 49ers and why many of us had some "concerns" with our Deion signing?

Anyone hear what Irvin just said on the herd? Colin was talking about Farve (imagine that) and how he wanted to get back at GB by playing for Minny or Chicago. Irvin said he didnt understand that mentality -- said he never would have come back to play for the Skins -- said he wouldnt do it to the fans. Cowherd asked if he would even take a weekend trip to DC, expenses paid by ESPN. Irvin said "Did you see how they treated me at the HOF!?" said he couldnt get 5 words out before we started booing. Said he has no interest in coming to DC.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We were BRUTAL and I LOVED it!!

5 words ???!!! We started booing him on his way to the stage... he didn't even get on the stage before we booed him off :laugh:

5 words ???!!! We started booing him on his way to the stage... he didn't even get on the stage before we booed him off :laugh:

No kidding -- I had a couple ppl above me try to cheer for him (had Panther jerseys on) we just booed louder to drown them out. For a second I thought the seats started to vibrate :D

That's the loudest I've ever booed a player of any sport in my life. I'll never forget it and I hope that crackhead never does either :laugh:

Obviously it stuck with him -- we proved out point and I don't feel an ounce of guilt over it.

Everyone loves Smoot when he talks crap. Didnt Smoot have a drug charge coming out of college as well? How about Dexter Manley? He did his fair share of nose candy. Wait we are supposed to be sensitive about Dexter but any chance you get, you want to bring up the drug history of Irvin. I hate Dallas just as much as the next Philly or Washington fans.

Irvin should take the booing as a compliment. He definitely gave us reasons to boo him over the years. :silly:

Yep. I mean I think Riggo rocks, but has there been a better RB than Emmitt Smith? Okay, yes, Jim Brown. The rest (Sweetness included) are debatable.

I agree... the players I hate the most (Elway, Marino, Smith for a while, Aikman) are usually pretty danged good. In fact, I picked a number of the players I hated for fantasy, did great, and decided I couldn't play fantasy football any more. I don't think a real Skins fan can; if you can cheer for Smith (or anyone else playing the Skins) scoring a touchdown, you're not really a Redskins fanatic anymore, are you?

No kidding -- I had a couple ppl above me try to cheer for him (had Panther jerseys on) we just booed louder to drown them out. For a second I thought the seats started to vibrate :D

Too many Panthers fans were originally Cowboys fan.

Everyone loves Smoot when he talks crap. Didnt Smoot have a drug charge coming out of college as well? How about Dexter Manley? He did his fair share of nose candy. Wait we are supposed to be sensitive about Dexter but any chance you get, you want to bring up the drug history of Irvin. I hate Dallas just as much as the next Philly or Washington fans.

Dexter embarrassed a lot of Redskin fans with his behavior -- but he's not in the HOF

Smoot should stop talking so much and start focusing on catching the football (see last week and last yrs game against Miami)

BUT he's not in the hall

Neither one of these guys deserves to be considered in a HOF discussion -- I would agree with anyone who told me they are over-hyped underacheivers. Now tell me one more time what either of them have to do with me booing at a repeat felony offender who is strutting around the stage with his inductee jacket on? :whoknows:

I was there, and I didn't boo him, but I sure didn't mind the people that were booing him. I was laughing my butt off, it was great.

It's a rivalry, that's what you do. Do you think his feelings were hurt?

Of course not.

Doesn't bother him, and it doesn't bother me, for sure. The whole "yeah because he's a crack head" bothers me, because we weren't reacting to him having done drugs. We were reacting to him being on the wrong side of a long standing, storied rivalry (and a premature HOF induction). One of the, if not the, greatest rivalries in the game.

Standing in line for a (fairly worthless) HOF presentation in the Hall, I watched a guy who was about 65+ in a Dallas shirt love the attention, and came back to take a picture with the crowd booing him. Because it's fun. Because it's in this spirit of the rivalry, and all the Skins fans were fun and cool about it, and patted him on the back and had a good time with him for his spirit.

But quit the whole crack-head stuff. That's outside of the reason why the rivalry exists.

So booooooooooooooooooooooooooo your butts off, I think it's great. But the whole coke/crack/whatever thing... that's not what this is about, right?

Stay classy guys, stay classy.

This is a reason why I am embarrassed to be a Redskin fan. I bet everyone that boo'd has been drug free all their life, and have lived a straight line all their adulthood life. Sometimes there is a point where the rivalry is taken to far.

Doesn't bother him, and it doesn't bother me, for sure. The whole "yeah because he's a crack head" bothers me, because we weren't reacting to him having done drugs. We were reacting to him being on the wrong side of a long standing, storied rivalry (and a premature HOF induction). One of the, if not the, greatest rivalries in the game.

Irvin didn't get into the HOF early, by any means. He was voted in on his 3rd try. It was just Monk getting in WAY later than HE should have, not Irvin being early.

Stay classy guys, stay classy.

This is a reason why I am embarrassed to be a Redskin fan. I bet everyone that boo'd has been drug free all their life, and have lived a straight line all their adulthood life. Sometimes there is a point where the rivalry is taken to far.

Can't speak for anyone else on this board but I have absolutely lived up to the standard that I hold anyone else to. I'm not a hypocrit.

I was there, and I didn't boo him, but I sure didn't mind the people that were booing him. I was laughing my butt off, it was great.

Of course not.

Standing in line for a (fairly worthless) HOF presentation in the Hall, I watched a guy who was about 65+ in a Dallas shirt love the attention, and came back to take a picture with the crowd booing him. Because it's fun. Because it's in this spirit of the rivalry, and all the Skins fans were fun and cool about it, and patted him on the back and had a good time with him for his spirit.

But quit the whole crack-head stuff. That's outside of the reason why the rivalry exists.

So booooooooooooooooooooooooooo your butts off, I think it's great. But the whole coke/crack/whatever thing... that's not what this is about, right?

It's a combination for me. I do boo him for the star he wore but I also boo him for having superstar status and embarrassing himself - and the league - by living a life full of arrogant, misguided comments and actions

Of course not.

Right On TMS.. I didn't boo him for his personal indiscretions, but for the Star he wore on his helmet all those years..

Archived