Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irvin Talking About Us on "The Herd"

diesel22

That is pretty funny. A little shameful, but funny. :laugh: My only problem with Irvin, other than his little drug problem, is that he was unfairly selected into the HOF before Monk. That was not cool.

I agree, but at the same time he paid huge respect to Monk in what he said on air the day of the induction. He said that Monk was someone he admired and the fact that Monk caught so many passes in huge superbowl games alone should have been an indicator that Art should have been in the Hall of Fame long before this. He also said that even as he was on the podium he thought to himself, "What am I doing here before Art Monk?" So, I found that to be incredibly respectful, but I do like seeing us boo him! Any Cowboy, we must boo!

Everyone loves Smoot when he talks crap. Didnt Smoot have a drug charge coming out of college as well? How about Dexter Manley? He did his fair share of nose candy. Wait we are supposed to be sensitive about Dexter but any chance you get, you want to bring up the drug history of Irvin. I hate Dallas just as much as the next Philly or Washington fans.

Smoot and Dexter didn't get in the hall before a more deserving player, Art Monk.

and to be clear, smoot had a marijuana slip-up when he was TWENTY years old. Irvin had a Crack and hooker party as a married man when he was THIRTY. that's like comparing ground chuck to a morton's filet. not even in the same house my friend.

I'm sorry, but Irvin does belong in the Hall of Fame. He was that good of a player. Do i think that he should have gotten in before Monk...no. But then again, Monk should have been in before Irvin was even eligible. It's not Irvin's fault that he was voted in before Monk. Blame the Dr. Z's for that, not Irvin. Sure Irvin has also had his many vices...but his play on the field was why I hated him so much....I would have boo'd too...but moreso in jest of the rivalry kind of how the cheering was going on during the Fred Dean induction when "sacking of Danny White" was mentioned.

The Booing is all in good clean fun, and Irvin is having fun with it as well. I can't stand the guy, but I liked what he said. Its good for the sport and it good for the rivalry.

Cheering when he hurt his neck (cough...Eagles Fans...cough) is not having fun with it.

Look at my earlier post about the reasons Irvin is so desperately trying to save face now. His embarrassments to the league are far from ancient history. The guy continued to show his true colors while at ESPN.

Following your......uh......'logic' the fact that I have no respect for a degenerate and scurge of society such as Irvin means - somehow - that I can't respect ppl like Art Monk, Joe Gibbs, Walter Payton, Vince Lombardi, etc??

The man should thank God every morning that ppl - as disillusioned as they may have been - felt that he belonged in the same building as these legendary men.

That is laughable

"Lengendary Men"... your laughable. Anyone in the Hall is a Lengendary Man. Not for the off the field action, but for what they did on the field. I would never chear for the guy as a Cowboy on the field. But as a Legendary NFL Hall of Famer, he gets much respect. He got in before Art and thats a crime to any football fan.(I wore 81 in HS because of Art) But so did 40 other guys. Not many of these guys were Saints (in the Biblical sense) Some have other off the field issues that you arent aware of. Do some home work check things out. and BBBOOOOOO! those guys also for their off the field actions.

As far as being a member of the media..."WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT ANY OF THEM SAY". Once you Cross to the dark side (HAHA) you"ll do anything to get more face time. (ie Brian Mitchell, Riggo) Loved them as Players but who cares what they say.

Im not trying to convert anyone to be a classy Skins Nation member, just letting you know we have stooped to the lowest level of fanatical fandom like the Philly and NY fans. I go to thiers stadiums and it's, as you put it,"LAUGHABLE". Now im laughing at us. It stinks and I dont like this. I will get over it. Get over players you dont think should be respected for thier play in the NFL and for their "Legendary" status in the Hall Of Fame.

"Lengendary Men"... your laughable. Anyone in the Hall is a Lengendary Man. Not for the off the field action, but for what they did on the field. I would never chear for the guy as a Cowboy on the field. But as a Legendary NFL Hall of Famer, he gets much respect. He got in before Art and thats a crime to any football fan.(I wore 81 in HS because of Art) But so did 40 other guys. Not many of these guys were Saints (in the Biblical sense) Some have other off the field issues that you arent aware of. Do some home work check things out. and BBBOOOOOO! those guys also for their off the field actions.

As far as being a member of the media..."WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT ANY OF THEM SAY". Once you Cross to the dark side (HAHA) you"ll do anything to get more face time. (ie Brian Mitchell, Riggo) Loved them as Players but who cares what they say.

Im not trying to convert anyone to be a classy Skins Nation member, just letting you know we have stooped to the lowest level of fanatical fandom like the Philly and NY fans. I go to thiers stadiums and it's, as you put it,"LAUGHABLE". Now im laughing at us. It stinks and I dont like this. I will get over it. Get over players you dont think should be respected for thier play in the NFL and for their "Legendary" status in the Hall Of Fame.

I can sum up my rebuttle with few words. Of the LEGENDARY men I referred to above, I have read every piece of information I have had the opportunity to put my hands on. I have been a football "nerd" and historian since the age of 5. I did not select those names carelessly. I challenge you here and now to produce anything substantial (as I did with Irvin) that would serve as a stain against the character of this group. If you cannot, then I'm sure you will finally be able to appreciate the LAUGHABLE nature of your argument. Telling me to do my homework? If you only knew me you would understand how ironic that truly is.

I'm not sure if i'm proud of how we booed Irvin, but I do know it sure Felt GOOD!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Classic.

Count me in on being ashamed of our fans booing someone at the Hall of Fame, whether it be Irvin or Elway. It's their day and they earned it. It's classless and petty to boo someone because he plays for a rival. I certainly would have been fighting mad had a bunch of Cowboys fan showed up to boo Art Monk.

What are we supposed to boo him for then, cause he has ugly kids or when he gets arrested? And Cowboys fans are too fair-weather to show up to the HoF, they aren't classier than us, it's just that they don't know anyone else in football except for Romo sits to pee, TO, and "that guy that runs" (and yes that's an actuall quote, reffering to Marion Barber). They boo Roy Williams and he's their own guy.

And for anyone saying we're as bad as Philly, ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Come on people, Philly would boo their own grandma at her funeral if the prayer wasn't good.

Count me in on being ashamed of our fans booing someone at the Hall of Fame, whether it be Irvin or Elway. It's their day and they earned it. It's classless and petty to boo someone because he plays for a rival. I certainly would have been fighting mad had a bunch of Cowboys fan showed up to boo Art Monk.]

What are we supposed to boo him for then, cause he has ugly kids or when he gets arrested? And Cowboys fans are too fair-weather to show up to the HoF, they aren't classier than us, it's just that they don't know anyone else in football except for Romo sits to pee, TO, and "that guy that runs" (and yes that's an actuall quote, reffering to Marion Barber). They boo Roy Williams and he's their own guy.

And for anyone saying we're as bad as Philly, ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Come on people, Philly would boo their own grandma at her funeral if the prayer wasn't good.

Wasn't it on this board that a guy said Philly fans smeared :pooh: all over his car bc he had a Redskin flag? That - my friend - is over the line :silly:

What was done on the field is all that matters. Any other argument isn't worth discussing. Prove that Irvin is an "Ass", thats not hard. Prove that all 40 guys before Art were Saints.

I don't need to know you. The season is starting and between starting a new company, lowering my handicap, Skins, and an addition to my family, I wont have time to think about you or this thread.

And if you insist to think that those in the HOF aren't worth respect for what they've done on the field then its you who needs to prove they don't.

Count me in on being ashamed of our fans booing someone at the Hall of Fame, whether it be Irvin or Elway. It's their day and they earned it. It's classless and petty to boo someone because he plays for a rival. I certainly would have been fighting mad had a bunch of Cowboys fan showed up to boo Art Monk.]

Agreed on Philly fans.......

What was done on the field is all that matters. Any other argument isn't worth discussing. Prove that Irvin is an "Ass", thats not hard. Prove that all 40 guys before Art were Saints.

I don't need to know you. The season is starting and between starting a new company, lowering my handicap, Skins, and an addition to my family, I wont have time to think about you or this thread.

Law school. Senior columnist on regional political publication. Coast Guard. Personal Trainer. Semi-Pro Football. Renowned womanizer.:D I have a few things going on too -- we make time for that which we truly cherish. Football (and its history) fits into that category for me.

And if you insist to think that those in the HOF aren't worth respect for what they've done on the field then its you who needs to prove they don't.

I refered to one member of the HOF who will never have my respect -- so I'm not sure where the term "those" comes from. And I feel I displayed - at length - the reasons I feel that way. Do you agree that your argument is crumbling around you or do you effectively wish to dig a bigger hole?

I refered to one member of the HOF who will never have my respect -- so I'm not sure where the term "those" comes from. And I feel I displayed - at length - the reasons I feel that way. Do you agree that your argument is crumbling around you or do you effectively wish to dig a bigger hole?

He's a Hall of Famer... thats all there is to it. Dislike him as I do, but he has made it in. Before Art, (as much as it sickens me) Nothing can be done about it. And it still shows no class to boo him in that respect. That is my argument and if its crumbling then thats what it is. But all the Booing cant change it. They all deserve respect for getting there. And if that wont hold up in court then "they cant handle the truth":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good luck in Law School. And settle down(:D)

Just cause someone gets voted into the HoF doesn't mean they deserve your respect. That's like saying a politician deserves your respect merely because people voted him in. I don't necessarily boo our Presidents, but if they'd played on the Cowboys I'd definitely have to think about it.

F' Michael Irvin!!:hammer:

I cringe at the sight of that NFL network commercial with him giving his HOF speach, crying and sh##, with that huge mass on his neck that comes on during every break. WTF. I've seen enough of that commercial already.

I dont like Irvin because of his overall persona...the way he talks, the way he acts, or the way he dresses in addition to the team that he played for. His crackheaded arse does not deserve to be in the HOF and I'm glad the Redskins Nation represented in Canton.

I don't necessarily agree with booing just any cowdung player at the HOF ceremony but hearing that Irvin got the treatment is funny as hell.:laugh:

Just cause someone gets voted into the HoF doesn't mean they deserve your respect. That's like saying a politician deserves your respect merely because people voted him in. I don't necessarily boo our Presidents, but if they'd played on the Cowboys I'd definitely have to think about it.

They are voted in for what they've done on the field for thier years of play. Some on the numbers, some on the records they have, some on what they ment to the game itself. i dont think any are in on there views and actions off the field not related to football. I dont like a lot of players for how they played, where they played and maybe what they did off the field, but that will never stop me from respecting that they got in th HOF.

If we are talking football (and we are). The HOF is the highest attainable stature you could ever hope to belong to. They are from all teams (most), all eras, all walks of life, races, political views, some have criminal past, committed crimes after getting in, Saints, sinners, and others. Thats it. while they are in the arena of the business of the HOF, it should go without say that they should be respected as such.

Burn the effigy and boo accordingly when they represent thier teams against the Redskins.

In that setting when 2 of our most loved (our era) Skins were going in, it showed very little class to what was thought to be the classiest fans to boo the HOFers that were in attendance to welcome our guys into history.

I will always think its wrong and we all have an opinion. Thats mine. Nothing much more to say about it.

The "first down point" gives us a right to boo Irvin? lol...Moss does a first down 'celebration' move as well. I'm hoping that if he's fortunate enough to have a career deemed worthy of the HOF, that fans of other teams won't use his "first down move" as a reason to boo him.

If you read my whole post, the first down thing wasn't the only thing, nor was it the sole thing for me saying I'd boo him. It is just part of why I would boo him. It never bothered me when he did it on a TD, because everyone celebrates in their own way. When he did it to mark a first down, he was pointing in the direction of the defense (I know that is the direction the offense is going in) which is sort of taunting. If I was a player back then, I'd have grabbed his finger and broke the damn thing and took the 15 yards and fine.

It DOES bother me when Santana or any other Redskin does that. I know it's part of the excitement and they all get caught up in it, but there are other ways to celebrate a first down (if you really must), but I'd prefer them to act like they've done it before. If Moss is lucky enough to have a HOF career, it wouldn't bother me if anyone else booed him. Like I said, I can have alot of respect for Cowboys and the HOF careers and I do respect them. Him? Not so much. He's the anti HOF player in my eyes.

As a Redskins fan, I have to apologize first for Defending Michael Irvin. Being inducted into the HOF and getting booed in his most sentimental moment of his life - its gotta hurt. If I was there, I think my face would have turned red with embarrasment during the booing.

As a Redskins fan, I have to apologize first for Defending Michael Irvin. Being inducted into the HOF and getting booed in his most sentimental moment of his life - its gotta hurt. If I was there, I think my face would have turned red with embarrasment during the booing.

He wasn't being booed when inducted but when speaking when our players were getting inducted.

huh?

In fact, I picked a number of the players I hated for fantasy, did great, and decided I couldn't play fantasy football any more. I don't think a real Skins fan can; if you can cheer for Smith (or anyone else playing the Skins) scoring a touchdown, you're not really a Redskins fanatic anymore, are you?

I have Witten, Folk and Westbrook on one of my fantasy teams. There are ways around rooting for their stats and rooting for them to lose. I'm in a yardage league, so Westbrook and Witten can go all up and down the field as long as they don't score. But I don't openly root for them. I just wait until Monday and then look at the stats. And especially when they play us. I can also start other players when they play us. Skins wins and Dallas/Philly/NYG losses before fantasy football and I've been one league for 18 years and not once has it made me any less of a Skins fan then you.

Stay classy guys, stay classy.

This is a reason why I am embarrassed to be a Redskin fan. I bet everyone that boo'd has been drug free all their life, and have lived a straight line all their adulthood life. Sometimes there is a point where the rivalry is taken to far.

I can truly say I have NEVER done any kind of illicit/illegal drugs in MY life. I have been drug free and crime free. Never taken as much as a stick of gum.

They are voted in for what they've done on the field for thier years of play. Some on the numbers, some on the records they have, some on what they ment to the game itself. i dont think any are in on there views and actions off the field not related to football. I dont like a lot of players for how they played, where they played and maybe what they did off the field, but that will never stop me from respecting that they got in th HOF.

....Thats it. while they are in the arena of the business of the HOF, it should go without say that they should be respected as such.

If that's your arguement, then as long as OJ Simpson is on HoF grounds, we should just ignore the fact that he's pretty much a sadistic murderer.

Don't get me wrong man, I wouldn't have booed Irvin during his own induction, but this wasn't HIS induction, so who cares. There are a few times when I honestly think booing is off limits, when you're receiving a special honor (ie being inducted into the HoF), when you're getting married (the first time), and when you're with your family. That's about it. Other than that its on.

Archived