Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irvin Talking About Us on "The Herd"

diesel22

Anyone hear what Irvin just said on the herd? Colin was talking about Farve (imagine that) and how he wanted to get back at GB by playing for Minny or Chicago. Irvin said he didnt understand that mentality -- said he never would have come back to play for the Skins -- said he wouldnt do it to the fans. Cowherd asked if he would even take a weekend trip to DC, expenses paid by ESPN. Irvin said "Did you see how they treated me at the HOF!?" said he couldnt get 5 words out before we started booing. Said he has no interest in coming to DC.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We were BRUTAL and I LOVED it!!

That is pretty funny. A little shameful, but funny. :laugh: My only problem with Irvin, other than his little drug problem, is that he was unfairly selected into the HOF before Monk. That was not cool.

I agree he shouldn't have gotten in before Monk, although you can't blame him for that, he didn't vote himself in.

That is pretty funny. A little shameful, but funny. :laugh: My only problem with Irvin, other than his little drug problem, is that he was unfairly selected into the HOF before Monk. That was not cool.

Never cared for his "hey, look at me!" mentality -- and it hasn't changed. He (and Deacon Jones - who has ALWAYS felt underappreciated) were the only two non-inductees who were wearing the Gold jacket. T-A-C-K-Y and very transparent. :rolleyes:

Way to represent Skins fans!!!

You have no idea unless you were there! You could tell it pissed Berman off too -- we could care less! We even let the old time cowpukes have it -- it was hilarious! Really, what did they expect walking out into a sea of burgandy and gold?? :laugh:

I think that was everybody's bone of contention (mine too). How such a classy man as Monk is had to go in behind Irvin with all his drug baggage is beyond me. I'll give Irvin some credit for mentioning for the record that Monk deserved to be in the HOF BEFORE himself.

I think that was everybody's bone of contention (mine too). How such a classy man as Monk is had to go in behind Irvin with all his drug baggage is beyond me. I'll give Irvin some credit for mentioning for the record that Monk deserved to be in the HOF BEFORE himself.

I think a lot of this backtracking is a little transparent and quite honestly......phony. He has had a lot of public relations damage control to take care of lately. Remember the drug paraphenalia found in his car? The comments about Steve Young having black blood in him? There is a reason even the uber-liberal ESPN let him go. I feel the past yr and a half has been merely a production put on in attempt to save a media career

Count me in on being ashamed of our fans booing someone at the Hall of Fame, whether it be Irvin or Elway. It's their day and they earned it. It's classless and petty to boo someone because he plays for a rival. I certainly would have been fighting mad had a bunch of Cowboys fan showed up to boo Art Monk.

It's the kind of garbage that Philly fans do (like when they cheered when Chris Carter got injured). I'd like to think we are classier than that.

Archived