Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rob Jacksons game.

cmorina69

Both Jackson and Horton looked good. I'm not getting too excited. Its "easy" for corners and safeties to get sacks because they are disguised in those packages. I think Jackson was more impressive.

I'll take this time to agree with LaronDon'tLikeUgly and say Tryon looked like a BUM. So all of those Tryon fans...calm down.

I was interested that during the game they quoted Jason Taylor as being impressed with Rob Jackson. I think Horton looked decent and although I think he would be a liability in coverage I think as a safety playing close to the line / special teamer he may have some promise. That would be a good value for a late round pick.

Both Jackson and Horton looked good. I'm not getting too excited. Its "easy" for corners and safeties to get sacks because they are disguised in those packages. I think Jackson was more impressive.

I'll take this time to agree with LaronDon'tLikeUgly and say Tryon looked like a BUM. So all of those Tryon fans...calm down.

Exactly. and I'm more impressed by a 7th rounder beating a first string tackle. Thats just something that doesn't happen...preseason or not. If he keeps performing like this, we've got to find a way to keep him.

Jackson definitely made some rookie mistakes. But that's exactly what you'd expect from him at this stage of the game. Other than that, he hustled constantly, has decent quickness and speed and seems to have a few pass rush moves as well; definitely a solid developmental prospect. However, he's raw enough that if we have to practice squad him, I don't think anyone will snatch him up for their active roster right away.

Oh and like everyone else, he really does remind me of a somewhat quicker P. Daniels. :)

Horton looks huge on the field. I think he'll challenge Schweigert on the depth chart. Schweigert seemed lost at times to me. I'm not sure who to fault more, Tryon or Schweigert, for the TD. They both looked indecisive at best.

I'm even more worried about our depth at linebacker. No one really stepped up to make a statement when they had the chance.

During the broadcast they were saying how JT was raving about Jackson's potential. Taylor apparently says that Jackson has a ton of raw talent and has the chance to be a special player. Although JT has only been there for a minute, it's still a pretty good endorsement from a guy who I think knows a thing or two about what it takes to suceed at the NFL level as a DE.

Let's hope he's right.

Actually, it's Carter, Taylor, Wilson, James. Evans is already down to #5. If Rob gets us a couple more sacks, he might sneak in there on a rotational basis just like Chris Wilson does.

I was more impressed with Horton's sacks, though. Not so much because of technique, but because of raw power. He took a 285-pound man and drove him into the ground twice with no help. He must have been eating his spinach this week. ^^:lift:

Yeah, added to that is he was all over the place and even recovered to get in on tackles after his blocker released him. His effort gets an A+.

And overall I think we have some good competition in areas we worried about, DL, DB's and the OL.

Jackson's best bet is to make the practice squad. Taylor, Carter, and Evans are locks at DE. They'll probably bring one more DE and I would guess that would be Wilson unless he can't get healthy.

Jackson lacked burst - he just looked like he was playing in mud. It's great he got the sacks and all, but he was just okay on a field full of third-stringers and practice-squadders.

Landry was a SS, too. Safeties are relatively interchangeable. If tonight is any indication, Horton's got the tackling skills to play SS.

I was thinking the same thing. He clearly outplayed Doughty today. We should put horton in with the 1st string defense and see how he does.

Exactly. and I'm more impressed by a 7th rounder beating a first string tackle. Thats just something that doesn't happen...preseason or not. If he keeps performing like this, we've got to find a way to keep him.

He didnt. He beat a TE that wasnt a first stringer for his sack. The Tackle blocked down and left Jackson 1 on 1 with the TE. Even Madden mentioned how tough of a block it is for a TE to make in that situation. Outside of that Jackson really didnt show much, other than some bad angles.

Also, I think Fabini should be cut. His body appeared sluggish with goat-meat.

Colt surprised me. Mason did what he's been doing since the 5th grade. Davis looked pretty solid, but a little stiff in his movements. And Swiss-Suisham better not a miss another FG in the preseason inside the 45 yard-line or I will google-map his Maryland home and take a dump in his driveway.

I had to quote those two as being hilarious. Fabini upset me a couple of times, but he also showed his veteran status on a few plays too. I'm not sure we have room for him though, unless Rhinehart really comes on and we cut Kendall loose. Swish....I'm really hoping for few FG attempts this year :/

His knees are a problem. As reported by Redskins.com, Kelly has experienced some knee stiffness and may require a knee scoping. He is currently in Alabama having his knee condition assessed.

Well, I'll defer to you on that one, but I may search the youtube to see for myself.

I know one of the sacks was called back. Was he against the TE there too? I know the play was calledback, but I didn't hear what the call was.

I'm still impressed that he was getting into the backfield. and He did more than once. He wasn't really a presence against the run, adn that could be a problem. But you (and me 2 years ago) were complaining about how bad our pass rush has been, so I'm a little more willing to see how this guy develops as a pass rusher.

i was wondering about how jackson looked tonight. when i was looking through the game photos it seemed like the tackle had a fist full of jersey on more than one occasion. was jackson dominating him that badly? either way im glad that the kid looked good.

if we can find a de like that in the 7th imagine what we could get in the first. :silly:

Never! We'll never use a first day pick on DL! ;)

from the stands Rob Jackson looked to have a pretty good game as well. IT looked like our line was getting a decent amount of pressure on the QB's as well. I liked what I saw out of the team.

Actually we lacked an inside push because Ryan Boschetti - drum roll please --- still SUCKS. They lined him up as a DE on certain downs and ---- drum roll please --- he still SUCKS.

I don't find that hard to believe. But how do you think Golston played?

I didn't see much push out of Golston either...but then again he wasn't in there that long - whereas Boschetti got a lot of playing time and continued his tradition of suckitude. Golston has shown flashes of talent and hustle since his rookie season so I doubt I'll be too critical of his preseason play for the time being.

He's the only DE we are ever going to draft and it seems like he just might get somewhere with us so that's great news. I think his best hope could be the practice squad though since he is pottentially behind Carter, Taylor, Evans, and James.
Don't forget Wilson.

He is our 3rd best pass rusher IMO.

Archived