Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rob Jacksons game.

cmorina69

I was about to start a thread for him... His body looks like Phillip Daniels' to me... I thought he played pretty well. He went up against the 1st string too and got pretty close to Sorgi more than once. Pretty good for a 7th round pick.

i was thinking the same thing, he looks like Phillip.

He's the only DE we are ever going to draft and it seems like he just might get somewhere with us so that's great news. I think his best hope could be the practice squad though since he is pottentially behind Carter, Taylor, Evans, and James.

Actually, it's Carter, Taylor, Wilson, James. Evans is already down to #5. If Rob gets us a couple more sacks, he might sneak in there on a rotational basis just like Chris Wilson does.

I was more impressed with Horton's sacks, though. Not so much because of technique, but because of raw power. He took a 285-pound man and drove him into the ground twice with no help. He must have been eating his spinach this week. ^^:lift:

Actually, it's Carter, Taylor, Wilson, James. Evans is already down to #5. If Rob gets us a couple more sacks, he might sneak in there on a rotational basis just like Chris Wilson does.

I was more impressed with Horton's sacks, though. Not so much because of technique, but because of raw power. He took a 285-pound man and drove him into the ground twice with no help. He must have been eating his spinach this week. ^^:lift:

He totally reminded me of Atari Bigby of the Packers. Dreads and all. Only difference is Horton is a FS while Bigby is a SS.

He totally reminded me of Atari Bigby of the Packers. Dreads and all. Only difference is Horton is a FS while Bigby is a SS.

Landry was a SS, too. Safeties are relatively interchangeable. If tonight is any indication, Horton's got the tackling skills to play SS.

My dad doesn't pay much attention to this stuff save for what he remembers of what I tell him all the time. Anyway, #48 is deffinitely his mancrush for this preseason. Mine too, for that matter, asside from Colt 45.

Although this thread is about Rob Jackson- I want to hop on the Horton Train for a second too. The guy was all over the place--- looked like a real baller. At worst, he will be a special teams monster. (Didn't see how he reacted in coverage, though.)

And Rob Jackson definitely impressed me with his size and speed. However, I saw him take a few poor angles and get himself out of position on a couple plays...

Evans has always been a scrub in my book, and I'd love to give Jackson a few more reps to see if he fill that spot. Also, in response to whoever placed Erasmus James as a shoe-in for the roster should think again. The guy has a long way to go, and with a younger player like Jackson stepping-up, the Redskins will be in no hurry to push James along any faster.

Verdun-Wheeler-Whatever-He-Goes-By showed great closing speed as certain moments, and Tryon pretty much looked like a bum. He had some quickness on a kick return, but then got destroyed by the first guy running down the field.

Also, I think Fabini should be cut. His body appeared sluggish with goat-meat.

Colt surprised me. Mason did what he's been doing since the 5th grade. Davis looked pretty solid, but a little stiff in his movements. And Swiss-Suisham better not a miss another FG in the preseason inside the 45 yard-line or I will google-map his Maryland home and take a dump in his driveway.

i was wondering about how jackson looked tonight. when i was looking through the game photos it seemed like the tackle had a fist full of jersey on more than one occasion. was jackson dominating him that badly? either way im glad that the kid looked good.

if we can find a de like that in the 7th imagine what we could get in the first. :silly:

he looked pretty good as did chris horton the safety from UCLA. looks like we might have some talent from that seventh round. they both made some rookie mistakes but its difficult to expect anything else.

Agreed. Horton was a baller in that game. Definitely plays hard. I'm hoping he is a keeper.

For a 7th round pick I thought he played well. But he still needs some work. On the next play after the sack the Colts RB ran right by him. He lost containment and let the Colts gain back what they had lost in the sack.

Let's see how the last four pre-season games go. If he excels the team is going to have to make a decision. Last year they had to put Wilson on the roster, and not the practice squad, because he would have been grabbed up by another team. If he really plays well the same thing will happen this year.

Jackson played well for his first game as a 7th round pick, but he has a lot to learn about the nuances of the NFL game. He has to learn how to stay in position, and how not to go all-out at the risk of running himself out of the play. But, he looks like he could be a contributor, which is all you can ask for out of a 7th rounder.

Archived