Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brennan skeptics: I want to hear from you!

modazfuk

No, you go back and read it. Here's the exact quote

"When I'm around those guys, I'm actually pretty quiet. I understand where I am on the pedestal." The Hawaiians have obviously put Colt high on a pedestal. But college stats don't mean squat in the NFL.

There's a lot of difference in a totem pole and a pedestal. He also said he thought he played pretty well several times. Posters here who were at the scrimmage didn't think so.

And he said that the one play that was gone over for a correction wasn't his fault.

He also mentions how popular he is so far as being interviewed. Confidence is great but there are several parts of the blog that come across to me as arrogant.

Perhaps pedestal wasn't the best word to choose, but what he meant is clear. He remains quiet because he knows he's a n00b at the bottom of the totem poll.

He said he thought he played pretty well because he didn't make any mistakes (coaches told him that) for which in this league, for a rookie, means playing pretty well.

I'll concede the comment about being a popular interview subject. That did come off as 'tooting his own horn', but again, based on knowing what I know about him since 2005, he's not a 'It's all about ME' type.

I would like to see him get into that rhythm where he hits his targets with ease at this level. There would be a lot of crow eating at that point. I would like to see him move the ball down field with confidence.To me he just need to show he belongs here. He will be watched so closely by everybody man he is going to be nervous and this is is big shot. Man I can't wait to see this game!!! Other things to watch for. Can he get by the O line. Can he make the reads. Does he have the arm strength. And this is a dumb one, Is he tall enough. He is taller then Zorn. Last thought. This is so true. Everybody makes up excuses why he broke so many records. Why he was so consistent. Well its show time and were all invited to the party sunday night. Lets play some Football its about @#$%^ time. Sorry but can u believe RYAN is making that much money WTF. A lot More then Brady.

I would like to see him get into that rhythm where he hits his targets with ease at this level. There would be a lot of crow eating at that point. I would like to see him move the ball down field with confidence.To me he just need to show he belongs here. He will be watched so closely by everybody man he is going to be nervous and this is is big shot. Man I can't wait to see this game!!! Other things to watch for. Can he get by the O line. Can he make the reads. Does he have the arm strength. And this is a dumb one, Is he tall enough. He is taller then Zorn. Last thought. This is so true. Everybody makes up excuses why he broke so many records. Why he was so consistent. Well its show time and were all invited to the party sunday night. Lets play some Football its about @#$%^ time. Sorry but can u believe RYAN is making that much money WTF. A lot More then Brady.

I like the fact that Colt is getting paid NFL minimum wage - unlike other rookies whom have already received millions of guaranteed $$$. This will keep Colt hungry and motivated to work his butt off and should he eventually receive a multi-million $$$ contract, he at least had to earn it first.

Honestly, I need to see him improve his delivery, which is not going to happen this year. He might go 30-30 with 5 TDs against the guys on the Colts/Bills who won't make the team, but I don't care. When I was out at camp, I saw his throwing motion, and it is a combination side-arm shot-put thing that is just ugly. His footwork is very blaze (he might get a pass due to coming off of injury on this). I would LOVE for him to blossom into a great young QB, backup here or starter somewhere. But he's got a ton of work to do on fundamentals first. Just my opinion.

So to answer the OP, he won't be able to show me anything this pre-season that would change my mind.

I like the fact that Colt is getting paid NFL minimum wage - unlike other rookies whom have already received millions of guaranteed $$$. This will keep Colt hungry and motivated to work his butt off and should he eventually receive a multi-million $$$ contract, he at least had to earn it first.

Colt likes that too. There is no one in this world who wants to earn his way forward more than Colt himself.

As for his popularity in Hawaii and having to deal with his celebrity status- Colt has demonstrated extraordinary maturity - and- yes, genuine personal humility - which is the most appreciated quality in the islands.

It's not easy being on everyone's radar for better or for worse - but Colt's field of study for his college degree helps him deal with it and stay focused on his goals.

I think he would just like to lose the celeb. thing for awhile and just focus on football. He takes his job seriously and comes to work with joy in his heart.

Looking forward to Sunday! :2cents:

All this hoopla reminds me of last off season with all the Casey Bramlet lovers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I hope Colt fails or anything, I'm just reminded of the lengths people went to to defend Bramlet. NFLE stats and all that.

Here's to Colt having a good game this weekend :cheers:

Never heard of Bramlet prior to your mention, but I found an old thread on Bramlet that I accidentally posted to and see that Greg Peck is/was high on him.

GP is due to be spot-on!

I'm excited to watch Colt play this Sunday. I think more out of curiosity, since I've only had the chance to see clips of him play. Being on the west coast, I have read a lot of new articles on him, and pretty much all positive. BUT, this IS the NFL. so...like many others said before, I'm good as long as he doesn't screw up. He more than likely won't look "awesome", but as long as he doesn't look totally stupid. I wish him the best.

Hell, I'm just excited to watch a game. Even if it is only pre-season..this is killing me!

Brennan Tackles Doubts

Good article on Thursday 7/31 in the Post on Brennan:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/index.html

"His attitude has given teammates pause. Brennan quickly has gained a reputation as an antithesis to the stiff, all-business field-general prototype. He wears tights on the practice field. He cracks jokes with veterans. He plays the ukulele.

"He's probably one of the most interesting rookie quarterbacks I've ever been around," Campbell said."

haha you beat me to it:laugh:

I know it irks the skeptics when people compare Brennan to any established NFL QB (past or present) and rightfully so, but based on game mentality and style of play, he is Favre-like. Will he have Favre-like production? Who knows, but having some Favre-like intangibles doesn't hurt.

Said wide receiver Horace Gant: "He's cool, calm and collected. I think the Hawaii lifestyle rubbed off on him. . . . He puts me in the mind of a Brett Favre-type guy. It's not the conventional, drop-back quarterback style. He gets the job done."

Brennan Tackles Doubts

Good article on Thursday 7/31 in the Post on Brennan:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/index.html

"His attitude has given teammates pause. Brennan quickly has gained a reputation as an antithesis to the stiff, all-business field-general prototype. He wears tights on the practice field. He cracks jokes with veterans. He plays the ukulele.

"He's probably one of the most interesting rookie quarterbacks I've ever been around," Campbell said."

That's pretty cool. Good to see all the children are playing nicely.

Not from what I have always said.

He has the potential to be really good - after sitting on the bench and learning to read NFL defenses and the in's and out's of everything involved with being an NFL QB.

He is a project QB with good potential - and I think he will produce in the next few years. However, I think JC is the real deal and if that's the case then it may be a while before Brennan gets his shot.

Okay - he's gotten some action now.

9-10 - 123 yds, 2 TDs, 0 Ints.

Anybody changing their tune a little bit yet?

Why don't we just go ahead and rename the stadium Brennan Field?

According the AP writer on Yahoo Sports CB was the only one who did anything in the game. He's mentioned in the first paragraph and JC's not even mentioned until almost the end of the article.

Quote from the article

"Aside from Brennan, it wasn’t pretty."

Not really changing my tune, because in my first post in this thread I said something to this effect:

Not interested in the Stats, I am interested in his decision making and his pocket awareness. I wanted to see good decisions.

I think we all saw great decision making, but more pocket awareness needs to be developed.

But put it this way, he played much better than I thought. But I am not one of those people who wants him to bust. I was just asked what I would need to see to feel he can make it. I saw what I wanted and just pray he keeps developing.

Not at all. If anything I'm more critical after hearing Zorn's comments about Brennan's performance last night.

Kid still has a long way to go.

Not at all. If anything I'm more critical after hearing Zorn's comments about Brennan's performance last night.

Kid still has a long way to go.

Really? First of all, what the hell could you have misinterpreted from Zorn that would make you more critical of what you thought he was before you saw him play?

And DID you see him play? I'm starting to doubt it, if you're basing your opinion around a coach's comments on the game as opposed to the game itself.

Bring a better argument. At least say, "Well, he didn't play in the Pac-10 in college." or "he was up against camp bodies and scrubs." Perhaps so - but so were the guys catching for him and many of the guys blocking for him. Give me something better than what you just gave me, because right now, all I see is a bagful of bias and EPIC FAIL.

If you're going on Zorn's 'comments' then obviously you didn't see the game.

EPIC FAIL.

Pretty sure the coach knows more about what he's looking for than you.

Brennan was impressive last night.

But it's obvious you are one of those people who think he is the next Tom Brady so it's hard to get your type to understand that people like me want Brennan to succeed - but he's still got a ways to go and I think Campbell is about to hit his stride and be a really good NFL quarterback.

Pretty sure the coach knows more about what he's looking for than you.

Brennan was impressive last night.

But it's obvious you are one of those people who think he is the next Tom Brady so it's hard to get your type to understand that people like me want Brennan to succeed - but he's still got a ways to go and I think Campbell is about to hit his stride and be a really good NFL quarterback.

Campbell looked good, too and I'm glad to have him as our starter. Hell, I have his JERSEY.

But some people (like the guy that posted above me) are so apt to hate Brennan for some reason or another that they want him to fail. Don't put words in my mouth.

Campbell looked good, too and I'm glad to have him as our starter. Hell, I have his JERSEY.

But some people (like the guy that posted above me) are so apt to hate Brennan for some reason or another that they want him to fail. Don't put words in my mouth.

How do you know what the other poster was thinking? I'm pretty sure you were putting words in HIS mouth.

EPIC FAIL for you. :doh:

After reading the first couple of pages you would think so lol :laugh:...

"If he stays under 4 batted/deflected/knocked down passes I'll call it a success."

"I would say 7-12 85 yards and NO PICKS would be a start."

"I'd get excited and a little more hopeful if he put up a line like: 6-10, 71 yards"

"I would say no happy feet and some control in the huddle-that's all I can ask of 6th rounders from a gimmick offense with a side arm throwing motion."

Really? First of all, what the hell could you have misinterpreted from Zorn that would make you more critical of what you thought he was before you saw him play?

And DID you see him play? I'm starting to doubt it, if you're basing your opinion around a coach's comments on the game as opposed to the game itself.

Bring a better argument. At least say, "Well, he didn't play in the Pac-10 in college." or "he was up against camp bodies and scrubs." Perhaps so - but so were the guys catching for him and many of the guys blocking for him. Give me something better than what you just gave me, because right now, all I see is a bagful of bias and EPIC FAIL.

What is hilarious about your initial post is the fact that all you did was mention his stats. You offered no insight to what you saw to make you think the way you did. So many you need to calrify your stance.

Also do you realize you were 14 when you could first watch Brennan even play? I don't think you even knew who he was back then. So please stop jumping all over him like your an expert about him. OldSkool has his opinion and you have yours.

Archived