Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brennan skeptics: I want to hear from you!

modazfuk

as with any rookie, especially qb, he will be on a strict learning curve, and as long as he progresses learning the system, and not make a lot of mistakes, he will remain on the team. it is a great opportunity for the young man with jim zorn, and the type of offense he is familiar with while at hawaii, and mr. jones.

I'm not sure if its relevent to arm strength in game conditions, but at the college skills challenge, Brennan tossed it 62 yards (same as Booty). Ryan 65 yards, Henne 68 yards and Flacco 72 yards. Keep in mind he did this while injured and at 185 lbs. Anyways, the point is if throwing distance is a meaningful way of judging arm strength for game conditions, his arm may not be as weak as some think.

I mention it because he got very mixed reviews at the combine. His ball speed was very slow when timeed, but he was also said to have thrown outs that had zip on them. So basically I'd like to see for myself how well he throws.

We'll just have to wait to see if the delivery is a problem. If he's able to throw with accuracy without a pattern of bat downs, then I suspect Zorn will leave it alone.

I cant imagine that they wont do something to his delivery. If he was 6'6 he might get away with it, but at 6'2 I see him hitting O-linemen in the back of the head. He's going to have to be stellar at finding lanes to throw in to have a chance with that motion.

I would have to disagree with most of the previous comments about Colt's debut and how he will do. I think the kid has alot of moxy and poise. He should look extremely competent his first outing. I think his college career was not a fluke and niether will his NFL career. I am just glad we have a young stud who will be waiting in the wings to grow and learn before he is called upon too lead us to the bowl again for the fifth time. Notice i said fifth time as I believe (rose colored glasses on) that we will be National champs this year.

The Colt haters are just not forward thinkers....

I hear a lot of Zorn this and Zorn that..... please tell me... WTF do you know? I'll answer... nothing.

JC has one year to prove his worth. I really believe if JC fails thise year and next.... 2010 is Colt's year. I like the kid and he has amazing potential.

I myself am a skeptic, that has become a borderline hater... just because of all the hype surrounding the kid. You would swear he should have been the first over-all pick if you ask anyone from Hawaii.

Colt, IMO, has a huge disadvantage in the place he is now. He is going to have to really shine to impress the coaches.

I would be impressed if he makes the final 53 man roster. I am betting he wont... and for all the reasons that have been stated here before. BOTTOM LINE... no real NFL quality experience.

For an example, lets discuss highschool football. I know of so many stories, even a few from my own highschool of such high praise and promise from some realy talented kids. All of them were done in college save for a few. When you jump to the next level, you are not the star anymore... just another body trying to shine above all the others... and the NFL is far and away, above anything Colt saw in college. IMHO, HU is in one of the weakest divisions at the collegiate level. The WAC is weak.

Pass...

did you even attend TC? What do you know? Please STFU or give some real reason you think he is a failure.

He will make the roster. He will develop.

I can't believe you people with such hate for a young rookie at #3 on the depth chart.

Best fans in the NFL? Prove it. Some you guys make me sick.

Pass...

did you even attend TC? What do you know? Please STFU or give some real reason you think he is a failure.

I can't believe you people with such hate for a young rookie at #3 on the depth chart.

Did I say he is a failure? No. But I think he could be. He has alot to prove. I gave my opinion becasue the OP asked for them. Are you sure you are 38. I think you need a ba-ba and a nap you cranky baby. Sheesh. Grow up.

The Colt haters are just not forward thinkers....

I hear a lot of Zorn this and Zorn that..... please tell me... WTF do you know? I'll answer... nothing.

JC has one year to prove his worth. I really believe if JC fails thise year and next.... 2010 is Colt's year. I like the kid and he has amazing potential.

LOL, so let me ask you this? How much of Colt have you seen? And how can you say no one knows about Zorn? How do you know that the Seattle Redskins fans on here that post, dont know much about him? Don't get your panties wet for people who are not as gaga over Colt as you are.

I would love to hear your honest answer to how much you have watched Colt play and how much your feel you "know" him compared to us knowing Zorn.

If somebody dislikes both Brett Farve and Colt Brennan, that is an endorsement. That's like saying you don't like mother nor apple pie.

I dont dislike Favre. I think he is awesome and have enjoyed watching him play. I just dont want him on this team. BTW... caomparing Colt to Favre is very homerish... and comparing either of them to things like a mother or good old american pie is... well... I cant really say. I think its just dum.

Pass...

HAHAHA are you serious? Did we even attend TC? That is what your basing this on? Telling us to STFU? You know, just because people don't agree with what your saying, doesn't make them wrong. Nor does it make them right. It is called opinions. You know about him just as much as some of us. So stop acting as though you know exactly what will happen. Also being the best fans in the NFL has nothing to do with being a Homer. You can be realistic and still be a great fan. Grow up, because it seems to me that your maturity hasn't caught up with your age.

i would like to see how is mechanics are being adjusted to the pro-level. i'll be looking to see if he reverts back to old habits if things get a little rough.

Brennan by most accounts is at least 2-3years away from being remotely ready for real game time situations, so i'm not expecting much from the preseason, although going up against 3rd team defenses should help him.

Your responses are as juvenile as this general group here.

You guys are trashing a brand new QB. I read a lot about Zorn this and Zorn that. So, I ask what do you know?

Answer: NOTHING

Please don't hate on a young guy that has just come out of college and is in his first TC.

What is wrong with you people?

The kid has potential.

You guys in this thread are terrible Redskin fans. Shame on you.

LOL, so let me ask you this? How much of Colt have you seen? And how can you say no one knows about Zorn? How do you know that the Seattle Redskins fans on here that post, dont know much about him? Don't get your panties wet for people who are not as gaga over Colt as you are.

I would love to hear your honest answer to how much you have watched Colt play and how much your feel you "know" him compared to us knowing Zorn.

I have seen plenty of Colt. I have seen enough to know he has potential. I know a lot more than you.

You guys are trashing a brand new QB. I read a lot about Zorn this and Zorn that. So, I ask what do you know?

Please don't hate on a young guy that has just come out of college and is in his first TC.

The kid has potential.

I think I figured out you are a Troll. Because this thread has very little bashing, just all opinions on what they want to see. I think you are either a troll or a very disturbed person.

I have seen plenty of Colt. I have seen enough to know he has potential. I know a lot more than you.

Again, answer my question. How much have you seen? Quantify it! Because I can I have seen a lot of him too. I know a lot more than you.

See how it works? Discuss this and stop acting like a no it all.

Also, please find one post from me where I said Colt has no potential and sucks. Never said it and never do when nothing has been proven.

The kid has potential.

every single player drafted has "potential"

Brennan just happens to have some serious hurdles to overcome if he wants to be successful in the league.

it doesn't do any good to generalize people as "terrible Redskins fans"

Finding passing lanes in traffic was actually considered one of Colt's biggest strengths and considering when a team was going to play against Colt and the Run and Shoot at Hawaii, they threw every kind of coverage package known to man at them. I think

Colt has seen every type of base coverage there is. His learning curve will be to read those coverages with NFL speed. His balls were not batted down in college and everyone seems to forget that during his 3 years starting he faced alot of quality competition inside and outside the WAC conferance.

USC

Arizona State

Boise State

Fresno State

Washington

Oregon State

Purdue

Alabama

Georgia

All of these teams have quality D-Lineman and while they did get pressure on Brennan, they never batted the ball down. Ive followed this guys career with great interest since he was a sophmore at Hawaii and gave my Boise State team a scare. Ive seen him make every pass and what makes him special isn't so much his release but the RPM's and velocity he puts on the ball. He will occasionally float one but even they are still moving very fast for floaters.

His accuaracy will i think translate to the NFL as well. You have to remember that he was throwing to fast midgets at Hawaii and all 3 years that he started at Hawaii Colt's accuaracy was at 70% or higher. June jones said himself that during Brennan's Jr. season his receivers dropped 53 balls. imagine if most of those had been caught! that could have put him near an 80% accuarcy. I dont care if your doing that against air! much less D-1 football thats impressive! now imagine Brennan throwing not only to Moss and Randle-El but to big targets like 6'5 Thomas and 6'4 Kelly!

Some of the scouts questioned his armstrength but the problem is that people today judge armstrength by how far you throw it, not how fast the ball gets to its target which is far more important. I mean think about it really? how many times a game is a QB going to go downfield 65 yards on a pass play? 2-3 at the most. the rest of passing game is going to be those 10-20-30 yard intermediate stuff which any NFL QB can make and Brennan's intermediate game is his biggest passing strength. I think he's gonna be good once he gets past the learning curve. Will he get the shot with our Redskins? At this point maybe not but mark my words he wont be a career backup. For those of you havn't seen much film on him i'll post some hightlight vids.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eabNWCnHTOs&feature=related

Look at 1:57 to 2:02 on this one and you'll see he throw the the Bomb with a lot of velocity when needed

You really are not that smart are you? I am not going to do your homework for you. It is right in front of you.

My main point is .... why are so many bashing this young kid?

He has pluses and minuses. He is a project. I doubt many of you saw him like I did in a full week of TC. He has tremendous upswing.

Archived