Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brennan skeptics: I want to hear from you!

modazfuk

In regards to the career INTs, there is no way Colt is at the top of the list....i think it belongs to his predecessor Timmy Chang. Colt's accuracy was his #1 asset in college....especially when you throw the ball 50+ times a game.

As far as the HOF game, I hope you guys are right and JC only plays limited drives....Fresh start first game, I just figured it takes a few to shake off the rust. If JC goes 3 and out, does he start drive #2? What if he goes 3 and out again? (what if he is 1-3 with 2 3-play drives? good enough to move on?) Same with TC.

I think overhypers and haters alike all want to see CB in this game.....sink or swim seems as though our opinions wont change from this one game. Just nice to see some FOOTBALL again! and hopefully the fans get what they want......battle for 3rd string QB!!!! :laugh:

We're talking about Colt potentially having a problem with getting the ball over the line. What I'm saying is that players in college are not materially shorter than players in the NFL. 6'2 to 6'4 in college looks to be the norm. NFL is what? 6'3 to 6'5?

And no, contrarary to popular belief, I've not seen anyone whom is rooting for Brennan to make the team make ridiculous statements such as Brennan should be the starter anytime soon. The ones saying that are trolls whose sole objective is to make people dislike Brennan and Hawaiians even more than they already do.

But if the only difference was height then 95% of WAC lineman would be playing in the NFL. It's all about athlectics, quickness, and, yes, they do standing high jumps and long jumps at the combines. I've seen as many LB's knock down passes as lineman.

The most famous quarterback to play at Auburn who won the Heisman Trophy did not make it in the NFL and he didn't throw sidearm. I' ve watched tapes of Pat Sullivan's play at Atlanta and he had throw after throw batted down.

The Hawaiian's almost had me won over until someone posted yesterday, not a troll, that they were willing to be patient until Colt could learn the offense and work on his mechanics and then he could be THE starting quarterback in two years. If you read between the lines they are hoping a short career for Jason. I wish Colt all the success in the world, but I'll be honest, not with the Redskins. :D

Zorn knows infinitely more about QBs than this entire board knows.

If Colt is still a Redskin in a few months, it's because Zorn sees something. I'm not sure why people are so anxious to defend him or so skeptical about him. It'll be fun to watch.

He is one of the players that I am most imterested to see in Pre Season. I mean... Do we have the next Peyton Manning or the next Ryan Leaf?

That is sort of an odd comparison since Manning and Leaf were #1 and #2 overall picks in that draft. They were expected to be great and, hence, when Leaf was very bad he was considered a huge bust.

Colt is a 6th round pick. Very few 6th round QBs do much in the NFL. Sure you have the occasional diamond in the rough, but the vast majority are lucky if they are career backups. My main question about Colt is "will he be out of the league sooner than later or can he be a potential backup for some time?" I'm not bashing him, but the history of late round QBs shows very low success rates.

I think whatever happens will be GREAT for him. If he lights it up, awesome, then he continue to do what he did in that game.

If he stinks it up, awesome, then he can learn from his mistakes and fix them.

I think it's a win-win situation.

I think whatever happens will be GREAT for him. If he lights it up, awesome, then he continue to do what he did in that game.

If he stinks it up, awesome, then he can learn from his mistakes and fix them.

I think it's a win-win situation.

Good point, crush. There are always two ways of looking at any situation. It's trite but true: the glass is either half empty or half full. The choice is an individual one, seemingly simple but oh so important.

This has been Dr. Phil for the ExtremeSkins bb network. Thank you and goodnight. :D

Good point, crush. There are always two ways of looking at any situation. It's trite but true: the glass is either half empty or half full. The choice is an individual one, seemingly simple but oh so important.

This has been Dr. Phil for the ExtremeSkins bb network. Thank you and goodnight. :D

I try to stay positive.

Nobody likes a Negative-Nancy.

:)

Now thats a reason I can't say that I've ever seen or heard:laugh:

Colt was pretty easy to root for when you had some scratch on the game and he pulled through more times than not. I hope the best for him. Hopefully he can win me some loot with the Skins some day.

:cheers:

For me all colt has to do is be solid. Some nerves are expected after all hes had a nth on the practice time not to mention it will be his first nfl exp. But if he can string together a couple of drives not scores by neccisity but at least cross the 50 on a couple of drives id declare it a successful first outing.

id would actually say give it till the second game of preseason to get a better barometer on colt.

and i dont think colt will not be a skin come opening day. i got too much of a feeling him being zorns pet project that he will be around over devine 10 times outta 10.

It's late and I haven't read all of the previous comments so pardon any duplication.

I would like to see Colt in sync with the offense - getting the time he needs and marching them down the field for a couple of first downs and a TD. Bread and butter stuff.

Then, on another possession, see a room full of eligible receivers blasting down the field and throwing the Colts' Def. into a tizzy while Brennan launches a cannon into an empty spot on the field - only to have Chris Cooley snatch it at full speed and take it to the endzone.

That is what I would like to see.:yikes:

:wave:

I'd LOVE to see what Colt Brennan did in against Washington. Show that once Colt Brennan gets into his groove, he's unstoppable. But who am I kidding right? It's not going to happen in his very first NFL game Everyone here (or not) would love to see Colt throw for 5 TD and go 42 for 50.

Honestly, I'd just be glad to watch any football. The regular season is almost here! :cheers:

the biggest difference is the speed of the game from college to the pros. If NFLers are 1-2" taller than college players and there's less time to throw passes which could mean a difference in how one throws the ball.

I'll say it again. I don't have anything against him. He's another draft pick to me. He's just been very heavily covered in threads here which is a mystery to me.

Yes, as far as speed goes, no doubt, there is no comparison to NFL speed.

Speaking of speed, if you watched Brennan get pummeled in the Sugar Bowl, you may recall Georgia's Marcus Howard. He's now a Colt. It may get interesting if they're both in at the same time.

Perhaps one day the Colt Brennan mystery will no longer be. Time will tell.

Yup. These guys will probably have the second half to themselves(maybe more). Zorn will want to see these guys running regular plays in his regular offense to fully evaluate them so they will be getting their share of pass attempts. I just wish Sunday would get here. :)

Good! Good! I'm anxious for Sunday to come around too!

But if the only difference was height then 95% of WAC lineman would be playing in the NFL. It's all about athlectics, quickness, and, yes, they do standing high jumps and long jumps at the combines. I've seen as many LB's knock down passes as lineman.

The Hawaiian's almost had me won over until someone posted yesterday, not a troll, that they were willing to be patient until Colt could learn the offense and work on his mechanics and then he could be THE starting quarterback in two years. If you read between the lines they are hoping a short career for Jason. I wish Colt all the success in the world, but I'll be honest, not with the Redskins. :D

Your reasoning sounds good in theory, but I counter with someone like Tony Romo sits to pee. He's a little shorter than Brennan and his release is lower and appears to be doing pretty well for himself. Brennan also has a much quicker release which should help tremendously with getting the ball through before the lineman can react.

No, Hawaiians are not hoping for Jason to have a short career. That would be the same as hoping Zorn takes the fall for Jason's failure (see Ray Rhodes).

He probably won't play till the 4th Quarter,when most of the players on the field won't be playing in the NFL in a few weeks.So the game won't tell awhole lot about his abilities.

I'm more interested in the rookie punter.

So you think Campbell and Collins are going to play the whole 1st half? Seems a bit much for the 1st pre-season game, but who knows, its anyone's guess.

Enjoy watching the Skins punt.

Is this guy the most overhyped 6th round pick ever or what?

If Brennan eventually proves to have been overhyped, then so what, still way better than the myriad of overhyped 1st round busts, eh?

He probably won't play till the 4th Quarter,when most of the players on the field won't be playing in the NFL in a few weeks.So the game won't tell awhole lot about his abilities.

I'm more interested in the rookie punter.

After watching the punters in TC extensively I can say this:

They are in a dead heat. Frost will boom one, then shank one. Brooks will REALLY boom one, then shank one.

Frost took all the reps at holding for Suisham. Brooks punted one from the 20 all the way down the field into the endzone making Thrash run backwards 15 yards. Frost was better on the short kick, pinning the ball inside the 10 more consistently.

Brooks = bigger leg

Frost = more experience and control

After watching the punters in TC extensively I can say this:

They are in a dead heat. Frost will boom one, then shank one. Brooks will REALLY boom one, then shank one.

Frost took all the reps at holding for Suisham. Brooks punted one from the 20 all the way down the field into the endzone making Thrash run backwards 15 yards. Frost was better on the short kick, pinning the ball inside the 10 more consistently.

Brooks = bigger leg

Frost = more experience and control

I say keep 'em both. Frosty for the directional Kick and Brooks for the long kick. I know it'll take up a valuable roster spot but, we could use one of them for trade bait.

the guy is a pretty intriguing prospect for sure. though i dont neccessarily expect him to really pan out, i think he was worth a late pick due to possible upside.

that being said, i think he could come out and complete some passes during the preason.

i think best-case scenario would be him becoming Zorn's version of Todd Collins - a guy who can grow to learn the offense extremely well and step in for a few plays or games if we ever need him down the road.

if he could ever grow to be that, he would be an absolute STEAL in the 6th.

I say keep 'em both. Frosty for the directional Kick and Brooks for the long kick. I know it'll take up a valuable roster spot but, we could use one of them for trade bait.

i really dont think any team is going to care if frost is included in a trade, and when linebackers, lineman, and defensive backs are going down at an incalculable rate, an extra punter is a luxury that no nfl team can afford.

im hoping Brooks gets his nerves and control straight during preseason. send him out there for every punt and get him ready for the regular season.

very interesting to read all the responses about what will happens in colt's first opportunity (if he sees playing time). i am a new redskin fan and a colt believer, but realistically i would like to see him as JC's backup for a while. i feel they are both great athletes and it would be a great change of pace in the furture if the situation ever needs it.

so many if's here, i think colt should have gone higher than 6 th. the sugar bowl killed him, but hawaii as a team was overwhelmed. we got spanked and i am not afraid to admit it. i was impressed and the georgia d ends were also. he got crushed all game and kept getting up. their responses to the reporters were all praise for colt and his toughness. with the pressure they were able to put on no QB qould have had a good game that day. no help from the o line that game.

now colt has not really seen nfl d lineman and lbs, but he also has never seen an nfl o line protecting him also.

back to the present.

i hope the team does well. colt on the team, redskins win, colt wins, we win, everyone wins and is happy. i think zorn got him for his potential. as everyone knows rushing a project creates failure. give colt this year to learn and i feel we will be talking positively about him in the future. i go to all the warriors games here on the rock and saw what he is capable of. i hope to see more of that with him in a redskin uniform.

if he sees any serious PT this weekend i will be suprised. if he does, showing confidence in what he has learned so far (however short it is) will be a possitive. trust his o line and make the throws or hand off the ball 9 times whatever lol.

btw so nice to have informed fans, soo many trolls on the college boards it is ridiculous.

Archived