Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brennan skeptics: I want to hear from you!

modazfuk

I believed that his footwork was decent, as he was more of a roll out passer in college. Listening to Zorn and then going back and watching the game again via DVR, I noticed what Zorn was saying; he doesn't stay set in the pocket and has a tendency to move when he doesn't have to.

Perhaps, but this is attributable to not being familiar enough with how well the line will pass protect for him hence the subtle 'happy feet'. This will be resolved as he gets more reps with them.

Also keep in mind that during camp, Campbell and Collins received the bulk of the reps.

You act as though Jason gets no support from his teammates.

Fact is, Colt just threw his 1st NFL TD. Jason threw his 13th from the start of 07. Hell yes they'll congratulate Colt, but Jason has been there.

Just my opinion, but I thought it funny when Zorn said that Brennan's tempo was slower than Collins', making Michael's thoughts moot.

You didn't read what I wrote. I said Colt was always running around congratulating everyone else. There was a shot of him after the first defensive series that he was slapping Shawn Springs on the back and you could clearly see Springs saying "I was surprised...." and then they both had a big laugh about it.

And tempo for a drive and tempo within each play are different. He ate the clock up for a total of 12:39 on two drives covering 182 yards. I don't know. I wont sway anyone in thinking it was more significant than some may believe. But I am highly intrigued and I am actually going to be a bit bummed when the regular season starts because as a player, and yes, I love this team but I love watching players from all teams in all eras.... but when the season starts I wont get to watch him anymore. Say what you want, but I want to know what he is capable of and I am highly impatient anymore....

You didn't read what I wrote. I said Colt was always running around congratulating everyone else. There was a shot of him after the first defensive series that he was slapping Shawn Springs on the back and you could clearly see Springs saying "I was surprised...." and then they both had a big laugh about it.

And tempo for a drive and tempo within each play are different. He ate the clock up for a total of 12:39 on two drives covering 182 yards. I don't know. I wont sway anyone in thinking it was more significant than some may believe. But I am highly intrigued and I am actually going to be a bit bummed when the regular season starts because as a player, and yes, I love this team but I love watching players from all teams in all eras.... but when the season starts I wont get to watch him anymore. Say what you want, but I want to know what he is capable of and I am highly impatient anymore....

Come on man, its not like Jason is THAT bad. Obviously Zorn is going to do everything he will to win - don't be fooled into thinking that they're keeping Campbell there for no reason. Cerrato and Snyder have tabbed him to be the future of the franchise, and Zorn wouldn't have been hired if it were any other way.

All this hoopla reminds me of last off season with all the Casey Bramlet lovers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I hope Colt fails or anything, I'm just reminded of the lengths people went to to defend Bramlet. NFLE stats and all that.

Here's to Colt having a good game this weekend :cheers:

I got my wish.

Just for luck, here's to him having another good game Saturday :cheers:

Every great team that I have ever seen develop into a champion seems to have a bond, a chemistry, they're relaxed and having fun. Colt has the ability to develop this almost instantly wherever he goes.

While at Hawaii, Brennan grew dreadlocks to better bond with his wide receivers, and learned enough Samoan so that he could use it to call plays from the line of scrimmage.

These are the lengths Brennan is willing to go to bring a team together. I think Clinton Portis has a similar outlook exemplified by his his South East Jeromme Shtick. I would also like to point out a group called the fun bunch that united a championship team in 82. I think Colt will fit in well to this system and will bring some needed excitement and fun back to the organization. His gutsy play, perfect passing, and Youthful Exuberance had even the veterans doing a dance on the sidelines.

I am not saying that Colt should be a starter, yet I do hope that Zorn puts Colt into the number two slot in case (God Forbid) anything happens to Campbell. Even with the success Todd Collins had last year, I feel that Colt will more likely take us to the next level

I will look forward now to the preseason and to seeing the excitement generated by Colt's play. I hope he can keep it up!

Go Skins!

:eaglesuck

Im glad i didnt put my boot so far up my ass i could taste the leather, like some of you guys did with this thread. LMAO. Colt impressed the hell out of me. Here are some truths that seem to get overlooked by his one half of one game performance.

The Colts are not the 49ers.

Neither team traveled half way around the world to play this game.

Zorn never coached Colt in college for 4 years.

Zorn did not get hired to be the HC after having college coaching success.

Colt was not drafted to a team with the same system as his college team.

None of the veteran qbs for the Colts or Redskins threw for 2tds.

Colt did not throw 1 INT.

JC has the highest passer rating in the NFL, Colt is second.

Colt did not have 1 batted pass.

Colt was not sacked.

Colt did not have to punt.

Zorn has never said Colt is competing for the starting job.

Perhaps, but this is attributable to not being familiar enough with how well the line will pass protect for him hence the subtle 'happy feet'. This will be resolved as he gets more reps with them.

Also keep in mind that during camp, Campbell and Collins received the bulk of the reps.

Happy feet are happy feet, no matter what the reason.

Either way, I look forward to watching the kid grow into an NFL caliber QB.

I believed that his footwork was decent, as he was more of a roll out passer in college. Listening to Zorn and then going back and watching the game again via DVR, I noticed what Zorn was saying; he doesn't stay set in the pocket and has a tendency to move when he doesn't have to.

Zorn was a roll out passer also. Do you think Zorn sees a little of himself in Colt and trying to correct him so Colt won't look like a modern day Zorn?

Zorn was a roll out passer also. Do you think Zorn sees a little of himself in Colt and trying to correct him so Colt won't look like a modern day Zorn?

Nothing inherently wrong with being a roll out passer but there are footwork mechanics that need to be worked on apparently if he is going to be successful.

I think that the footwork issues are the same things that Zorn has worked on with Campbell, so I don't think it's a Colt only thing.

He absolutely, without a question is too unpolished to play at the NFL level.

Uh, maybe I watched a different game, but I could have sworn I saw Colt play in an NFL game, even if it is preseason. Yes he was in there with 3rd/4th stringers, but the guy missed OTAs and had 1 week on training camp in which everybody said he was inline for the practice squad and Devine would be the #3. If he was doing really bad, than tell me why Zorn left him in the start of the fourth to finish his 2nd drive. Fact is that he had as many drives as the veteran QBs, but is the only one to capitalize on both drives. Oh, he celebrated with everyone knowing it was a team effort, not the Colt Express. Again, I'm not sorry that he looked better than Collins. The best need to be on the field, not the oldest or youngest or wisest. Yes, even if that is not Colt...

I'll say it again.

The only thing that Colt did that was visible to our eyes (Being we didn't know the plays) was that he made some slow reads and was a little indecisive. Plenty of QBs make these same mistakes around the league. I was proud of Colt.

He's a rookie, he has time to improve. He's not near Campbell's level yet. Not even close. But I'm not sure you can knock the guy... He's a rookie, playing in his first "game" and doing a great job.

I hope someone takes a look at the players Brennan faced against the Colts, and at the end of the season see how many of them make the Colts.

Would be interesting to see that number.

Always such a shoddy argument...Brennan was playing with 3rd stringers himself.

I'm not even a Redskins fan, but the bottom line, Brennan looks like he can put the ball in tough spots with a great deal of accuracy. He can throw the ball, and that's a start.

He almost reminds me of Tony Romo sits to pee, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He's good when things break down.

Archived