Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brennan skeptics: I want to hear from you!

modazfuk

Note that the title says "skeptics" not "haters".

With the first pre-season game right around the corner and the likelihood of Colt receiving a reasonable amount of playing time, I'm curious as to what you would need to see from him to make you say to yourself or even better, say publicly, "Hey, after what I saw, I could be wrong about him"?

And be reasonable. He probably won't have enough reps to go 42-50 for 450 yards and 5 touchdowns:laugh:

I like Colt. I think he can be a good player. Check my post history if you don't believe me...

With that being said I fully expect him to struggle in the preseason game. He's only had training camp to develop chemistry with players, there have been plenty of injuries, the offense isn't even installed yet.

I'm expecting a lot of Brennan and Devine handoffs to Marcus Mason.

2-5 13 yards, maybe a pick

And I think Colt will be a good player and I'm really hoping that I'm wrong with this prediction, but the first preseason game in a shortened offseason with all those variables... I'm keeping my expectations as low as can be.

Brennan will not be a boom or a bust no matter what happens in this game.

Edit: forgot what I would want to see to believe. I believe he'll be good but he's not there yet. I'd get excited and a little more hopeful if he put up a line like: 6-10, 71 yards

So far the bar appears to be set quite low and yes, BRD, because the consensus is his throwing motion is too low, I'll be focused on batted down and/or tipped passes. As I've said before, it wasn't a problem in college, so I would be surprised if its a problem on Sunday. We shall see.

As long as he is handing off to Betts, I will be extremely impressed by his intelligence, along with the intelligence of our new coach.

C'mon now:laugh: It's just a pre-season game. I'm looking for Zorn to let the kid air it out to see what he can and cannot do at this early stage.

I can't make heads or tails out of what we saw so far from Colt. 4 of 7 for 22 yards. One dropped pass making it 5 of 7 otherwise. In Colts daily blog, he mentions that the defense was covering really well and he had to perform checks and made the right calls for short passess only.

So we could not see the deep or intermediate balls from him so far.

From Colts comments I gather he has some defense reading skills already.

But 4 for 7 for 22 yards is only worthy of one complete sentence comment.

He he was nervous, but he did not stink, his brain did not blank out on field nor did he look confused like Heath Shuler - He did ok for a rookie.

So far the bar appears to be set quite low and yes, BRD, because the consensus is his throwing motion is too low, I'll be focused on batted down and/or tipped passes. As I've said before, it wasn't a problem in college, so I would be surprised if its a problem on Sunday. We shall see.

Yeah, but 95% of college linemen can't play in the NFL.

I would say no happy feet and some control in the huddle-that's all I can ask of 6th rounders from a gimmick offense with a side arm throwing motion. That might sound bad, but I don't mean it as a slight, it is what it is. I can't have high expectations at this point.

I feel pretty confident that he will look really raw and rough out there...

maybe even confused and lost looking... he hasnt had enough time to learn the offense much less develop chemistry with any one of the WRs..

however, I am excited to watch and see though.... should be enough to keep the game exciting and give us all something to talk about...

if only this guy would live up to half the hype of the man crushes on this site...

Can you be more specific? What does he have to do on Sunday to add some credence to the hype you speak of?

And yes, I realize 1 pre-season game is not an accurate predictor of future success, but its still more meaningful than what we currently have.

Yeah, but 95% of college linemen can't play in the NFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think NFL lineman are there because of there vertical leaping abilities and as far as height goes, NFL lineman, in general, are not exceptionally taller.

I would say it is so premature to have nickname for a guy drafted that low who has done nothing, yet. When I see the repeated Colt Brennan is God threads, it gets old. I think he could be a good QB - one day. But to put so much on a guy who could (maybe not probably but could) not be on this team come week 1 is what gets old.

I expect him to look like a rook against the Colts 3rd team. If he holds his own, he's done his job. Big whoop.

The better question is... how much playing time will Brennan get this weekend?

From what we've been reading, Collins really needs the work.

We may see A LOT of Todd. :)

Hmm....You could be right. I'm still looking (hoping) for at least a quarter for Colt.

It's all spec right now, simple as that. Zorn is not gonna keep 4 QB's on the roster so it will come down to CB vs DD for the 3rd (clipboard) slot. TC the man has apparently struggled in TC the camp, so he might see the lion's share of the offensive series. Then again, JZ may want to get a quick handle on how his two newbs look running the WCO.

Again, we can throw theories around until Judgment Day, but only the Zorn-han knows for sure what's gonna happen come Sunday.

I would say it is so premature to have nickname for a guy drafted that low who has done nothing, yet. When I see the repeated Colt Brennan is God threads, it gets old. I think he could be a good QB - one day. But to put so much on a guy who could (maybe not probably but could) not be on this team come week 1 is what gets old.

I expect him to look like a rook against the Colts 3rd team. If he holds his own, he's done his job. Big whoop.

Ahh...I see

Well, thanks for telling me that entering a CB thread is old for you and also thanks for your input.

See sig, I stand by it. Colt will be good, but he has a ways to go before he can be a solid starter. Being a backup is a start...frankly, I'm more concerned with Campbell's performance than our 3rd string QB's.

Personally, I see him being a career backup, but then coming back and having a very solid coaching career. His charisma leads me to think that...I wouldn't mind 10-15 years down the road, Colt takes Zorn's spot (after, of course, quite a few Super bowls ;) and because Zorn retired)

It's all spec right now, simple as that. Zorn is not gonna keep 4 QB's on the roster so it will come down to CB vs DD for the 3rd (clipboard) slot. TC the man has apparently struggled in TC the camp, so he might see the lion's share of the offensive series. Then again, JZ may want to get a quick handle on how his two newbs look running the WCO.

Again, we can throw theories around until Judgment Day, but only the Zorn-han knows for sure what's gonna happen come Sunday.

I'm not asking anyone to speculate. I just wanted to know what Colt has to do (if its even possible) to tip their current sentiment of him to a more favorable side.

Archived