Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton answers Jason Taylor questions

BthatRAD09

On ESPN news john clayton just reported these things...

1)Taylor told Cerrato that he will definitely play out his final 2 years on his contract and that he said he could easily be willing to extend his contract.

2) While some on this board are bashing us for giving up picks, Clayton said that the redskins had prepared themselves with an umbrella for a rainy day, and that rainy day happened today when the two players got injured. We didnt sign many this offseason so we had cap space, and our ten draft picks in the past draft gave us youth. and he continued to say we still have 6 of 7 picks next year so it isnt like we are giving up all our picks.

3)Clayton said he thinks that the redskins will be a contender in the NFC east if the offense works out (which it will)

sorry if this shouldnt have been a new thread, but i figured this is information that most people would be excited to know. so if i shouldnt have started a thread, sorry, but honestly, dont get butt hurt over it as its only one thread and it does have good info in it

On ESPN news john clayton just reported these things...

1)Taylor told Cerrato that he will definitely play out his final 2 years on his contract and that he said he could easily be willing to extend his contract.

2) While some on this board are bashing us for giving up picks, Clayton said that the redskins had prepared themselves with an umbrella for a rainy day, and that rainy day happened today when the two players got injured. We didnt sign many this offseason so we had cap space, and our ten draft picks in the past draft gave us youth. and he continued to say we still have 6 of 7 picks next year so it isnt like we are giving up all our picks.

3)Clayton said he thinks that the redskins will be a contender in the NFC east if the offense works out (which it will)

sorry if this shouldnt have been a new thread, but i figured this is information that most people would be excited to know. so if i shouldnt have started a thread, sorry, but honestly, dont get butt hurt over it as its only one thread and it does have good info in it

Pretty much the same exact way I heard it but Zoony will probably flame you for this.

If we can get 3 solid years out of him, i'm happy....wish we did it when Daniels was healthy cause that run stuffer/pass rushing rotation would have been key...now we can have Marcus roaming the middle and covering TE's on 3rd downs. Big Ups

Next year we have 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks.

Our 7th is going to Minnesota for Erasmus James. I believe we still have our 6th in 2009. (EDIT: when I hit "reply," you'd left #6 off the list.)

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=36009

nice thread..clayton may be the nerdiest looking dude on the planet but when he speaks football i shut up and listen.

I think he looks like Mr. Garrison from South Park.

If we can get 3 solid years out of him, i'm happy....wish we did it when Daniels was healthy cause that run stuffer/pass rushing rotation would have been key...now we can have Marcus roaming the middle and covering TE's on 3rd downs. Big Ups

Excellent point! You are the first person to make this very important point. Washington can now stay in as a LB on passing downs which means Blache can use him in coverage or blitz behind Taylor. That could be a devastating blitz combination. Taylor will be occupying two guys most of the time to free Washington up on the blitz.

People are also forgetting that Taylor excels at creating turnovers with fumbles and interceptions....not to mention he often leads the league and pass blocks.

Taylor has committed to at least the next two years...and maybe more. This was a good deal considering the circumstances.

For what we gave up, this by far has to be the best value trade we've done since 2004. Though in the past, giving up Bailey AND a 2nd rounder for Portis was foolish.

Lloyd and Duckett, no comment...:doh:

Third for Brunell...

Though he's shown he's a good player, giving up what we did for Rocky, also random.

Actually, trading a 2005 2nd rounder for a 2004 3rd rounder for Cooley was probably the best trade we've done, unless Taylor just has those monster seasons he's been known for. Here's to Taylor working out strong with us for 2-3 seasons :cheers:

Archived