Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerrato: Redskins Trade for Jason Taylor(merged)

JimmiJo

I guess this proves that our FO hasn't learned too much after all. :doh:
Would you please elaborate? Because, we kept all our draft picks this year, didn't splurge in free agency prior to the draft, traded down for more picks in the second, freed up 9million of cap space and used that to address a need for this years team?

Yeah, they ain't learned **** have they :rolleyes:

It amazes me that the large majority of you hate everything done regarding this team. It will never end will it?

Not happy about this deal. I'd rather have a 2nd rounder.

If we were on the verge of a championship, then okay. But we're not. We have a ton of questions, most notably at QB.

Would any of you trade Devin Thomas and Brooks Durant for Jason Taylor?

Let the FO bashing commence!

It's not a bad deal. Taylor is a damn good football player who brings his "A" game each sunday. A little long in the tooth, but hopefully we get a stud DE in the '09 draft.

Hopefully Taylor's feet are better fit for dodging OL.

We just had to add that 6th round pick to piss everyone off just a little, didnt we, hahahaha.

That's what I thought, but hey being in a very desperate situation, I thought the trade was very fair. We had absolutely no one on the roster who could start and step in.

Also the best part, this is after the injury and not before. I think that showed great respect to Daniels. He is a leader of the team and hopefully continues that role.

Considering the negotiating postion that we were in, I think it is a fair deal. Miami knew we were backed in a corner with no depth at DE.

I am hoping he decides to stick around for more than a year.

This wasn't the end of the world. If Carter had gone down, we'd have been screwed. All we needed was a guy who could come in and help stop the run. Now we've wasted another pick on a win now mentality. But hey, I guess building a team the old fashioned way is unheard of nowadays.

This wasn't the end of the world. If Carter had gone down, we'd have been screwed. All we needed was a guy who could come in and help stop the run. Now we've wasted another pick on a win now mentality. But hey, I guess building a team the old fashioned way is unheard of nowadays.

You should totally be running out team cuz they don't know what the **** they're doing

Not happy about this deal. I'd rather have a 2nd rounder.

If we were on the verge of a championship, then okay. But we're not. We have a ton of questions, most notably at QB.

Would any of you trade Devin Thomas and Brooks Durant for Jason Taylor?

How about trading Taylor Jacobs and Jim Molinaro instead lol :cool:...

Archived