Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerrato: Redskins Trade for Jason Taylor(merged)

JimmiJo

Can't believe people are complaining about this deal - I absolutely love it. The 6th round pick is no big deal and the 2nd rounder isn't necessarily a winner - we know we're going to get 2 or 3 great years out of Taylor. He is quite possibly still the best DE in the league. I love this deal.

:D:D:D:D

Not happy about this deal. I'd rather have a 2nd rounder.

If we were on the verge of a championship, then okay. But we're not. We have a ton of questions, most notably at QB.

Would any of you trade Devin Thomas and Brooks Durant for Jason Taylor?

No, but I would trade Taylor Jacobs and Dallas Sartz.

See how it goes? You don't know what will happen in the draft. So for, I BELIEVE, 2 years of a DE who was the Def MVP only 2 years ago and has kept his body in immaculate condition, I would say YES!

Would you please elaborate? Because, we kept all our draft picks this year, didn't splurge in free agency prior to the draft, traded down for more picks in the second, freed up 9million of cap space and used that to address a need for this years team?

Yeah, they ain't learned **** have they :rolleyes:

It amazes me that the large majority of you hate everything done regarding this team. It will never end will it?

They panicked when they didn't have to. Then they overpaid for a guy they didn't need. Thats a stupid FO to me. I thought they were getting smarter by not splurging in FA and by actually using the draft this year, and by hiring a coach with something to prove, but now I've got to wonder if the spectators are right and Danny boy just can't keep his checkbook in his pocket.

Not happy about this deal. I'd rather have a 2nd rounder.

If we were on the verge of a championship, then okay. But we're not. We have a ton of questions, most notably at QB.

Would any of you trade Devin Thomas and Brooks Durant for Jason Taylor?

Considering that we have Thomas and Brooks on the roster, I'd say yes.

DE has been the single greatest weakness on this team for years. Now that we have Campbell learning the offense, Portis healthy and all of the WR's and TE's we need, there really are only a few positions we need to draft next year; DE, CB, OL and LB.

This also depends on if Taylor honors his contract through the 2010 season, which I'm inclined to believe he will now that he no longer is in a spitting match with Parcells.

Guest sith lord
Can't believe people are complaining about this deal - I absolutely love it. The 6th round pick is no big deal and the 2nd rounder isn't necessarily a winner - we know we're going to get 2 or 3 great years out of Taylor. He is quite possibly still the best DE in the league. I love this deal.

:D:D:D:D

We could trade for Brett Farve for a 6th rounder and some would still complain. This was a deal we had to make since Daniels is done for the year. We just upgraded big time if you ask me.

Would you please elaborate? Because, we kept all our draft picks this year, didn't splurge in free agency prior to the draft, traded down for more picks in the second, freed up 9million of cap space and used that to address a need for this years team?

Yeah, they ain't learned **** have they :rolleyes:

It amazes me that the large majority of you hate everything done regarding this team. It will never end will it?

Couple of years ago we gave up a 3 and 4 for a one year rental of a back who we did not even PLAN to use as a starter to protect us against an injury that had not yet occurred. This year, we give up a 2 and 6 to get a guy who almost certainly will be a starter this year to mitigate the damage of an injury that has occurred. Yes, I would have rather kept the picks but injury changes the situation.

Terrible panic move ... Skin fans should be embarrased ... I am.

And you also have tagged Colt Brennan as the QB of the future, and have fallen short of calling him a Hall of Famer.

Regardless, it is a panic move, but its better than the panic moves we've done in the past. This actually makes our team better, it fills a need.

Guest sith lord
Terrible panic move ... Skin fans should be embarrased ... I am.

How is this a panic move? We needed a DE. Any other team would have done the samething.

How about trading Taylor Jacobs and Jim Molinaro instead lol :cool:...

Excellent comeback....you beat me to it.

2nd round picks are 50-50 and a 6th round pick is a needle in the haystack.

Taylor is a know quantity and All Pro caliber DE. This is a good deal if he plays 2-4 more years.

Couple of years ago we gave up a 3 and 4 for a one year rental of a back who we did not even PLAN to use as a starter to protect us against an injury that had not yet occurred. This year, we give up a 2 and 6 to get a guy who almost certainly will be a starter this year to mitigate the damage of an injury that has occurred. Yes, I would have rather kept the picks but injury changes the situation.

that explains it the best.

The same people complaining about would be complaining if we didn't do something.

We could trade for Brett Farve for a 6th rounder and some would still complain. This was a deal we had to make since Daniels is done for the year. We just upgraded big time if you ask me.

Oh, we upgraded massively here, yeah...

I don't like that we only have a 1st and 3rd next year in the first four rounds, though...hopefully the Skins will do well this season, and won't be in need of keeping their 1st rounder and trade it back like they did this year. If we can trade that 1st rounder for multiple picks, I won't be too upset lol.

He's 33 years old... two picks for a guy who gives us maybe 2-3 years of decent play? I dunno about this.

Turns 34 before the start of the season. Also, same measureables as Andre Carter. While Jason Taylor is HOF material, he won't remain productive for much longer. I view this as an overreact move and just hope it turns out better than the other former great players we got in Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders.

I guess this proves that our FO hasn't learned too much after all. :doh:

Like they ahd a choice? We lost our stater and one of his backups on the first day of training camp. This improves our team tremendously. Who are offenses gonna double team Taylor or Carter. This arguably gives us one of the best DE tandems in the NFL. People forget this guy was A defensive MVP 2 Frikin years ago. he is simply a beast.

Archived