Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Left Beware - Limbaugh signs for $400 million thru 2016

USS Redskins

This doesn't fit with your usual right-wing talking point that the whole mainstream media was biased left?

Which is it? :)

A show that is 100% talk-radio commentary equals mainstream media? :laugh:

Here again, our more liberal friends display their inability to decipher the difference between news and commentary or news story and opinion column.

No wonder Rush pisses you guys off so much.

(Well, that and the fact that your set if ideas/ideals don't sell.) :D

People hate Rush Limbaugh because of his honesty. He tells the truth about how Americans feel about an issue, and if the left doesn't want to hear the truth that day, they label him as "divisive." I love how his biggest critics can sit back and tell you EVERYTHING he talked about on his show.....and then claim not to be listeners of his show. Critics of Howard Stern are the same way.

Good for Limbaugh. My boss is a huge fan of his, I've been forced to listen a few times. I didn't really enjoy it and to me it came off as "accusitory" (if that really is a word) and "holier than thou". I find the "funny" skits he does, much less than funny in my book.

Another note in response to AAA, I think he hardly speaks for every American. If I don't want to hear the "truth" I won't listen, not complain about him being devisive.

I find Limbaugh to be a "pep rally" kind of guy for the republicans. He isn't as hated as Coulter, in my book, but he plays the same kind of role.

I'm not a huge fan of his either, but he's alright. Can't deny he's influential...to the ire of the liberals who are just spitting sour grapes because they don't have anyone on his level.
I don't really have a big problem with Rush. He's a very smart individual with an incredibly successful business.

It is an interesting dichotomy that no left-leaning radio talk show host has been successful while Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, and others thrive, but

H_H's post nailed it. Their ideas don't sell.
it doesn't mean that liberal ideas don't sell. After all, more Americans currently identify as Democrats than Republicans: http://www.gallup.com/poll/107842/Large-Democratic-Base-Provides-Big-Advantage-Obama.aspx

It might mean that liberal ideas don't sell on talk radio ... maybe it's because liberals are all listening to NPR, or maybe they're listening to music. Maybe Hollywood provides more than enough media for liberals to enjoy. Maybe liberals can get angry liberal rhetoric from other venues like poetry readings or environmental rallies ... whatever the reason, there just doesn't seem to be a strong demand for liberal talk radio.

[quote name=DjTj

It might mean that liberal ideas don't sell on talk radio ... maybe it's because liberals are all listening to NPR' date=' or maybe they're listening to music. Maybe Hollywood provides more than enough media for liberals to enjoy. Maybe liberals can get angry liberal rhetoric from other venues like poetry readings or environmental rallies ... whatever the reason, there just doesn't seem to be a strong demand for liberal talk radio.[/quote]

The reason liberal radio doesn't work and will never work is become liberals are all about "doom and gloom." The simple fact is no one wants to here about all these supposed problems all the time. Now, as for Rush, I think he is fairly entertaining (although all talking heads are the same, people with no opinions take theirs).

If someone wants to pay Rush 400m to do a talk show more power to em. I don't listen to him but I know people that do and that like him.

And in the interest of full disclosure I don't listen to ANY talk radio, left or right. I don't really find it that interesting and would rather listen to music on the radio while in the car.

A show that is 100% talk-radio commentary equals mainstream media?

No, you said that liberal ideas don't sell on the radio, and yet for years the right has been droning about how most of the leading radio, newspapers and TV all lean left. All media mixes their slant on the 'news' with their opinion.

Make up your mind.

Good for Rush. I think what he does... well, at least what he's most famous for... is somewhat vampyric, but while I think the rate for some of these shock jocks are outrageous... Stern, Rush, etc. there's no denying that they have developed a powerful and loyal listening demographic. The fact that everyone here knows his name and has an opinion on him means that he has done his job effectively.

Archived