Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I Was Wrong" Thread

elkabong82

Add me to the Arch Club. I almost bought an Archuleta authentic jersey. :doh:

I remember emailing a video to all my family- the video where AA is flinging dumbbells up in the air with his fingertips, and bouncing up off the ground during push-ups and landing the opposite direction. None of that seemed to come in handy for the personal punt protector.

At least I bought the Cooley jersey instead of what could have been, the worst jersey purchase EVER.

TLC ... kindly point me in the direction of bschurm so I can smack him for insulting the woman of probably the best series of sigs on this site! :mad:

Just to emphasize this point ... even if she didn't win me the Hottie Draft ..

jessica.jpg

1. I thought Betts would rush for more yards from scrimmage than Portis last season.

2. I thought Betts was going to the pro bowl last season.

3. I thought that surely, and even more surely after Cerrato's comments, that we would make D-line an emphasis in the top round or two of the draft this year.

I thought Marty could turn this franchise around

I thought Xanadu was the best movie ever

I thought Mark Carrier still had some talent

I thought purchasing beer in Maryland was simple

I thought Washington would win Superbowl XVIII

I thought she was single

I thought ST bit on too many play-action fakes

I thought about it again and decided to just eat lunch.

I thought Alan Branch was the best player for us last season, even at a top ten pick.

I was wrong about us winning the Super Bowl the last few years.

I was wrong about Gibbs leaving before his contract was up.

I was wrong about Lloyd being a super star.

I was wrong about Arch.

I've been wrong about a lot.

I was really excited when we brought B Lloyd in.

I thought we could 'outphysical' the Pats last year.

I still own around 40 Heath Shuler rookie cards and 25 or so Reggie Brooks and Tom Carter rookie cards.

I thought Stephen Davis, Champ Bailey, and Lavar Arrington would all be career Redskins.

I thought we had a chance to win against the pats.

My god I thought that too and it still stings ...

I have been wrong about so much, just recently ..I thought Gibbs wasn't just going to up and leave .. I thought Archuetta and Lloyd could be at least productive if not great for us ...I thought Collins was a waste of a roster space...I was wrong about McD5...I thought Gibbs was crazy to pull Ramsey in 05... I thought LaVar would have made an excellent DE...I thought Coles was better than Moss ..I thought Rock would be long gone...

I thought we'd make noise in the 06 season playoffs

I thought we'd beat Seattle last season

I thought Smoot would beat out Carlos for the starter spot

I thought Saunders would have us at the top of the league in offense

I thought GW was a shoe-in to be our next HC

I thought Gibbs would coach all 5 years

I thought Jamaal Anderson would be the best pick for us. I was wrong.

I thought the Lloyd pickup was good. I was wrong.

I thought we would have an amazing D in 06...I was wrong :doh:

I thought that even though Todd Collins had been in Saunders' system for years he was still pretty much worthless. I was wrong.

...but I'm right about everything else. :silly:

chiefhogskin48 should probably post on this thread lol...here's why:

"Shawn Springs would be a huge mistake

Obviously, our replacement for Champ will be Shawn Springs if Danny gets his way. But this would be an enormous mistake, and a pretty obvious one at that. Anyone who has watched any film on this guy can see that "Toast"--- yes, that's his nickname in Seahawkland--- can't get it done as a starter.

He was replaced by the likes of Ken Lucas and talented rookie Marcus Trufant. Decent/good players, but this doesn't bode well.

Signing Springs gets Danny his former probowl corner, a big name and a former top 10 draft pick. But his name alone will command him a higher salary than he deserves. If he gets anything similar to what Dre Bly received last season from Detroit, this move will go down as one of our worst free agent signings ever.

Please, Danny, go with Winfield, Vincent, Plummer, or Bryant (in that descending order). Don't flirt with disaster and sign a has-been whose hamstring will probably never heal.

Just my 2cents......"

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52315&highlight=mistake

I'm trying to find an old thread of mine I started about Brunell, and I'm finding other old threads that kind of fit into this thread (as well as the one about nailing it). Here's a whole list of "I Was Wrong" predictions lol...

Poll: Who's Going To Be The Biggest Surprise Next Season? (with "next season" being the 2005 season)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95766

A few nuggets of wisdom:

"Not on your list...Ladell Betts. He becomes a touchdown machine. He'll be the short yardage guy who benefits most from the OL improvement."

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and vote for someone else not on the list: Darnerian McCants. Word is Gibbs has said D Mac is a part of his plans. He is the possession receiver that we could use. And I feel that I could be a inside the 5 yard line TD scorer like a couple of years back."

"I'll tell you who I think is going to have an incredable year (besides Gibbs and Ramsey) is Taylor Jacobs. I think he will step up real big."

And ironically enough, even though he did get some votes, only one poster mentioned Santana Moss as being the surprise player for 2005...

Well if you want to point out other people's goofs, Cali, then I'll direct you to D Pablo's "Andre Carter Sucks" thread. Or you can even take some of my links in my "Nailed It" thread. The poll on if we would win out for the playoffs, my calling a top 10 D in '07 thread, both have some gems in there.

Shoot, just google Todd Collins and ES.

Well if you want to point out other people's goofs, Cali, then I'll direct you to D Pablo's "Andre Carter Sucks" thread. Or you can even take some of my links in my "Nailed It" thread. The poll on if we would win out for the playoffs, my calling a top 10 D in '07 thread, both have some gems in there.

Shoot, just google Todd Collins and ES.

Just trying to jog people's memories lol :cool:

The biggest thing I've ever been wrong about in football was the Ricky Williams trade and subsequent choice of Champ Bailey. I was so upset I almost cried; I was certain that we needed a running back, and we actually somehow had the opportunity to take the best one in college history, and we passed it up. I was really devastated. (I was also eleven, so I deserve a little slack.) Obviously, that ended up working out much better than I expected...

I also thought that Skip Hicks would be a good player for us. Oops.

Hmm... where are the "I thought we wouldn't make the playoffs after losing to Buffalo" and the "I thought the D would be terrible after not drafting DE in '07" people? They were so vocal back then. C'mon guys, fess up.

I wasn't a member here yet, but I'll admit that I was very skeptical about our chances after that game. In fact, it wasn't until the second half of the game in New Jersey that I started thinking about the playoffs again.

I thought Jamaal Anderson would be the best pick for us. I was wrong.

I was right there with you Tim. After what happened to Sean it turned out to be a great pick, but I see Anderson playing much better this year.

I thought the Defense would be average this past year. Our pass defense was, but our run defense was great.

Archived