Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I Was Wrong" Thread

elkabong82

Michael Westbrook we be the second coming of art monk just faster. But he did play with some crappy QB's lol

In 1996 after the 7-1 start, we were going to the SB finished 9-7

In 2006 we were going to SB

In 2005 that switching to MB after Ramsey was clothlined WWE style was a mistake

Probably too many to count :D so I'll list some random ones that come to mind.

I had the Giants going 6-10 in 2007.

I think I said Clinton Portis had a shot at 2000 yards and a ton of receiving yards after we hired Al Saunders in 06.

I didn't know why Rock Cartwright was being used as our kick returner (still think we can upgrade but he's done a hell of alot better than I thought he would)

I thought Skip Hicks was going to be our runner in 99 and not Stephen Davis.

There are so many players that I thought were going to be good but turned out not to be but I'll single out one that, looking back, is quite embarrassing.

I thought in 1992 that Desmond Howard was going to be so good and so dynamic a player that he was going to provide the Redskins with enough big plays to offset the deterioration/loss of both Art Monk and Gary Clark (both of whom were getting older so I thought this new young player could compensate for both great receivers declining skills). I can still vividly remember saying this to some friends and I'm relunctant to own up to this but here it goes. I said "Desmond is going to be our Jerry Rice. A player who is a threat to go all the way anywhere on the field and with any type of route". Boy was I wrong. Horribly horribly horribly wrong.

Archived