Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I Was Wrong" Thread

elkabong82

Time for some humility on this board. So let's see it. Who is man enough (or woman enough in some cases) to admit they have been wrong in the past on here?

I'll start it off obviously:

1) In '06 said we were playoff bound

2) Thought we would draft DE with 1st rounder in '06

3) Made a bet about our team that resulted in a "board beyotch" avatar for a month

4) Thought Lloyd would be a good pick-up

In 1981 I wrote a letter to the Skins front office demanding that this loser Joe Gibbs who had us at 0-5 be fired immediately, and that he'd never amount to much of a coach............... :jk:

Seriously, I didn't see much chance in hell in 2005 of us putting together a playoff run after the OT loss to the Chargers. There's a poster skinsfan1010 who has a blog in which he kept insisting that things were going to shake out fine and I pretty much just laughed. Well..............

After ST's death and the Buffalo double-timeout fiasco, I didn't see us getting there this past year either.

Besides the obvious lol...

I thought Ramsey would turn out to be a solid starting QB...

I thought Gibbs would never retire before his 5 year contract was up...

I thought Brunell was gonna suck huge in 2005...

I thought the Skins were gonna do some damage in the playoffs at the beginning of the 2000 season...

I thought Lenny P was just blowing smoke out of his ass when he said we were gonna draft Jason Campbell a week before the draft...

I thought Antonio Pierce would not be missed very much...

I thought Rod Gardner would go on to have a decent career after he left here...

I thought Archuletta would go on to have a decent career after he left here...

I thought bringing Al Saunders on board would cause our offense to explode...

I thought Brad Johnson would never do as well as he did here after he left...

I thought Stephen Davis would never do as well as he did here after he left...

I thought Brunell was gonna suck huge in 2005...

I thought the Skins were gonna do some damage in the playoffs at the beginning of the 2000 season...

I thought Lenny P was just blowing smoke out of his ass when he said we were gonna draft Jason Campbell a week before the draft...

I thought Antonio Pierce would not be missed very much...

I thought Rod Gardner would go on to have a decent career after he left here...

I thought Archuletta would go on to have a decent career after he left here...

I thought Brad Johnson would never do as well as he did here after he left...

lol....are you sure you got everything off your chest? :D

Check

Check

Check

Check

Check

I thought Lloyd was a good pickup, and he'd be a solid number two for us

I was hoping we could somehow draft Joey Harrington :doh:

I thought Arrington was a great player unfairly criticized for being out of position all the time (prior to Gibbs arrival)

When we added Randle El and Lloyd at receiver and Saunders as our offensive coordinator, I thought we were going to have the "Greatest Show on Grass" or whatever, with Clinton Portis putting up Marshall Faulk like numbers. :doh:

I truly believed that Jason was going to have a Pro Bowl/Breakout year in '07. While he had a decent first year, fact is I set the bar way too high.

After our debacle in '06, I thought the guy we should've been gunning for was Jamal Anderson, and while I didn't mind us picking Landry, I was a bit upset we didn't choose Anderson. One year later ... :laugh:

I didn't think a playoff run was even conceivable after our display in the Buffalo game following Sean's death. While I was proven wrong, that game still hurts to this day ... :(

I thought Romo sits to pee was going to regress and prove to be a one year wonder. Meh, he still sucks anyway ...

By this point in time, I thought that Matt Leinart was going to be an absolute stud in the NFL, while Jay Cutler would turn out to be a Patrick Ramsey clone. Eh so far ... :doh:

That's all I got so far, my brain's pretty dead right now ...

Add me to the Arch Club. I almost bought an Archuleta authentic jersey. :doh:

I remember emailing a video to all my family- the video where AA is flinging dumbbells up in the air with his fingertips, and bouncing up off the ground during push-ups and landing the opposite direction. None of that seemed to come in handy for the personal punt protector.

At least I bought the Cooley jersey instead of what could have been, the worst jersey purchase EVER.

Archived