Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin you missed the boat on

RedskinNutt

I thought Rafeal Cherry would be a big impact at Safety, but he lasted what 2 years.

That's one you don't year every day!

Missed the boat on somebody? How about the guy in my signature? I thought he would revolutionize our recieving corps

Stubblefield and Wilkinson.

I'm still in the tank for Westbrook. He's still in shape. He'll come out of retirement any day now.

:D

I'm going to say that Wilkinson was not as bad as some people thought. He put in some decent seasons from 98-02 and was relatively healthy. Stubblefield was a colossal bust and hurt his knee falling down the stairs halfway into his first season in DC. :laugh:

I think Stubblefield was successful in SF because of Bryant Young and Charles Haley

Talked about numerous times here already. Its funny people think they are cool starting new threads, when in fact they have been beaten to death in the past.

Damn i cant wait for the season to start! :rolleyes:

You're cool for saying that actually.

I'd have to say I had high hopes for the Stubblefield and Wilkinson combo. I think I was happy with the Archuleta pick too, not necessarily the money he got, but that the fact that we would have him and Taylor back there.

Here are some.....

Leonard Marshall

Jeremiah Trotter

Al Noga

Alvin Harper

oh yeah and Sean Gilbert:doh:

Sean Gilbert? I wouldn't label him a bust. In his 1 season here he was a force on that defensive line...having guys like Marc Boutte, Romeo Bandison, Tony Woods, and Sterling Palmer didn't help him

I've gotta go back and say Charlie Casserly. I have been a fan of his since hearing about his story - how he rose from an unpaid intern to be the GM of the Skins. When Snyder fired him and kept Norv, it began my hatred of Snyder. I thought (and still kinda do think) it was a big mistake. I had been praying for us to re-sign him as the GM. I defended him for the Mario Williams draft pick. But the truth is that when he was the GM, our team was not too good. I blame Norv, but Casserly probably was more to blame than I'm willing to admit.

Heath Shuler. Being a Vols fan and a Skins fan I was so hyped up when we drafted him. I thought Stubblefield/Wilkerson should have been pretty beastly, but that didnt fare too well either. Other than that, I havent missed much recently. Although if Anderson (I wanted over Landry) busts in Atlanta I'll take credit for missing on that one. But I still think he's going to be really good. He was just really raw coming out of college.

Oh, I thought Kevin Simon was going to make the team a couple years ago, but he couldnt stay healthy.

Peion Sanders! I didn't like us signing him..but I thought it may pay off at some point...and it did ...

FOR HIM!:mad: :mad: :mad:

YEAH I thought he had ALOT left in the tank at that point. I was also high on Bruce Smith, (when he resigned w/ Bills, his 1st shot @ FRA) got him one extension too late.

I wanted to draft Jamal Andersen instead of LL
I think a lot of people wanted Anderson, myself included.

I saw him as a bit of project though (which he turned out to be), but I figured he'd be a good DE that could play against the run and rush the passer. He did turn out a lot more raw than I thought he would judging by his past year in Atlanta. The guy I really wanted though was Okoye, I really had a gut feeling he'd be a stud, especially with his production level at only 19 years old. Landry was tied with Anderson as my 2nd most coveted guys to draft, since I figured Landry would be the safest pick, just unnecessary.

Steve Spurrier. Mostly because I was soaking up the media hype of what a genius coach he would be in the NFL. I recall vividly the entire summer following his hire of what he will, in time, bring to the Redskins. Spurrier himself even got me more over on him when he called out the Dallas Cowboys in his initial press conference. I was sold.

I think it took about a season and a half to realize we had hired a Lou Holtz NFL coach instead of a Jimmy Johnson NFL coach.

After his rookie year in 1993, I thought Reggie Brooks was gonna be great and build on that year. 2nd round bust!

Also I was high on Rod Gardner. Had a decent rookie year (for a rookie), great 2nd year, but was always "50-50".

If either of our two rookies can match Gardners rookie numbers, I'll be thrilled.

46 rec. 741 yards, 16.1 avg, 4 TD's - IMO are great rookie numbers for not being a No. 1 receiver and "learning" the position.

Funny thing about Loyd was that his own team mates in San Fran had problems with his attitude. Can't recall the head coaches name in San Fran, but if I remember correctly. Didn't Vinnie say that he was done as a coach when he was here. Goes to show that it's not hard to get over on Dan.

Archived