Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin you missed the boat on

RedskinNutt

All you guys a picking the easy ones.. Andre Johnson OT from Penn State. We move into the late 1st to draft him, the cost to us a 1st pick to the cowturds of all teams. played a grand total 0 games before being released 98.

Next on my list is Skip Hicks the name speaks for itself.

Funny thing about Loyd was that his own team mates in San Fran had problems with his attitude. Can't recall the head coaches name in San Fran, but if I remember correctly. Didn't Vinnie say that he was done as a coach when he was here. Goes to show that it's not hard to get over on Dan.
Mike Nolan? He is done as a coach. He's still the HC out in San Fran, but that'll probably end this year. He's dividing the locker room, he calls out Alex Smith publicly, he's too stubborn to make any effective changes to the team's coaching/gameplanning, and the team will need a scape goat once they only go 6-10/7-9 again this year. Guy's a hack with a big mouth to the public (he's even made a couple digs at the Redskins before)...can't wait to roll on him this fall out in San Fran.

Talked about numerous times here already. Its funny people think they are cool starting new threads, when in fact they have been beaten to death in the past.

a bit harsh, don't ya think?

Damn i cant wait for the season to start! :rolleyes:

yeah, this board really gets smarter during the season. :laugh:

on topic:

skip hicks was HOF material in '91 going into '92. :doh:

i thought ramsey was going to be special.

i thought alvin harper would be just what we needed at wr.

LLoyd Harrison

-- Thought he would be a solid #2 or nickle guy for years to come.

Ifeanyi Ohalete

-- I still think he could have been a solid safety.

Ndukwe Kalu

-- Was going to be our pass rushing stud!

I was another of those who was sold on McCants, but I have high hopes for all the young receivers we've had at the bottom of the depth chart (except Mix) such as Derrius Thompson.

After his rookie year in 1993, I thought Reggie Brooks was gonna be great and build on that year. 2nd round bust!

Also I was high on Rod Gardner. Had a decent rookie year (for a rookie), great 2nd year, but was always "50-50".

If either of our two rookies can match Gardners rookie numbers, I'll be thrilled.

46 rec. 741 yards, 16.1 avg, 4 TD's - IMO are great rookie numbers for not being a No. 1 receiver and "learning" the position.

I think Gardner's numbers were the second best put up by a rookie Redskin WR (Monk is the only one to surpass him) and third best overall (Taylor as a running back). Though I'll admit that much of my hope was that after the Westbroke fiasco and that one of the build points of the 80s teams was a mid-first rounder named Monk. I was just blinded by hope.

Ramsey, definitely...but he was the kind of QB who absolutely needed a coach to back him 1,000% as well as be paired up with a proven QB coach willing to put in the extra effort. I don't think he's had the first one ever in his career--his nickname should have been "yo-yo" for how many times he was yanked in and out of the starting lineup while here. But his pocket presence was horrible...looked like a ferret on crack back there.

Not too many others, though. I rarely get that high on a player before he's earned it. Perhaps Lloyd a bit, as well...also held out hope for Taylor Jacobs to finally break through but was never really THAT high on him...

Sean Gilbert? I wouldn't label him a bust. In his 1 season here he was a force on that defensive line

The guy had one good year and then the bum went off the deep end. We did get two first rounders for him though, but thought he'd turn out better for us than the one year.

Michael Westbrook....yup, I thought he was all that and a bag of chips. I also was such a homer about Steve Spurrier.....I thought our Skins would be scoring 4 and 5 TDs per game with him as coach....boy was I soooooooo wrong. I currently have the same feelings about coach ZORN and the new WRs and TE that were just drafted.....

Archived