Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin you missed the boat on

RedskinNutt

He might've been a rookie or a free agent, and you were so sure he was going to be the next big thing, the best thing since sliced bread.

But he blew up right in your face. From time to time, your friends bring them up to clown your poor judgement.

Who was it for you?

I have a couple:

Timmy Smith- C'mon, 204 yards in the SB, who didn't think he would have a job for more than 1 year after that!!!?????

Desmond Howard- He was the hesiman trophy winner for pete's sake!!!

Dana Stubblefield- Defensive POY, thought he would amount to SOMETHING

Probably both Kedric Golston and Anthony Montgomery. I had never heard of either one of them. Can't remember our needs for that year's draft, but I was probably hoping WR or some skill position.

But Golton ended up starting at one point his rookie season, and Monty really stepped it up this past year.

So happy we have these two looking back on it.

So I guess I missed the boat on them, but in a positive way.

Haha. This thread is too funny, simply because there are certain posters on here who obviously had a player built up. Since that player didn't turn out, they fault the org., rather than themselves or the player.

I though McCants would do well for us, but I was obviously wrong. Unlike certain other posters on here who make their man-crushes all too obvioius, I haven't let the fact my guy didn't pan out make me a whiny person who trolls the site gulping up the hater-ade. If the mods approve of it, I can list a couple people.

When we brought in Lloyd I really thought he could become a decent #2 receiver. I had heard about his attitude issues in San Fran, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because the 49ers really sucked while he was there, the coaching was a mess, and we were much more settled in and better as an entire organization. But nope, Randle El took his spot halfway through the year and never looked back.

I also would like to see some of the people here who thought last off-season that London Fletcher was just another "old, washed-up FA signing"...I remember seeing it posted often enough to know that those people still exist on the board...

Agreed.

He was older, but Gregg knew him from before, he's an obvious leader and a QB of the defense...great signing.

I was so pumped when we got Lloyd and AA along with Saunders.

:doh:

Bruce Smith too, being a Hokie and all I thought he'd keep playing at the level he did in Buffalo. He wasn't a TOTAL bust but certainly wasn't the man he was in Buffalo.

Not to mention he was 17 years older at that point. I thought Bruce was decent considering his age. I had hoped he would be the same..but kinda knew it more than likely wasn't going to be.

Not to mention he was 17 years older at that point. I thought Bruce was decent considering his age. I had hoped he would be the same..but kinda knew it more than likely wasn't going to be.

Yeah, I was just excited every time he got in, even though all he wanted was the sack record. He's a great guy, he's done alot for Tech and he's a fan favorite.

Haha. This thread is too funny, simply because there are certain posters on here who obviously had a player built up. Since that player didn't turn out, they fault the org., rather than themselves or the player.

I though McCants would do well for us, but I was obviously wrong. Unlike certain other posters on here who make their man-crushes all too obvioius, I haven't let the fact my guy didn't pan out make me a whiny person who trolls the site gulping up the hater-ade. If the mods approve of it, I can list a couple people.

I will add my name to the McCants list

obviously he McCouldn't

wow, that was bad :laugh:

Archived