Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin you missed the boat on

RedskinNutt

Think about it though. When's the last time we had a true "Franchise Quarterback"? Sonny was the last one, but we got him in a trade. Joey T. as also a trade from the Dolphins. We have NEVER drafted an Elway, Manning, Marino, Montana, Brady, Favre type QB. I would love to have a franchise QB that is in the top 5 of all categories every year for 12 years. We always rely on trade (Sonny, Joey T), castoffs (Williams), scrubs (Schroeder) and late round picks (Rypien) to take us to the SB. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ONE? WHEN IS IT OUR TURN? Sorry to yell. I just watch other teams ride their QB's to glory and ours taking sacks.

SF had Montana and Young back to back. Dallass had Staubach and Aikman and looks like they found another. The Colts have had Unitas and now Manning. The Packers had Starr and Favre. Screw the lines, I want a franchise QB.

Have you met Mr. Colt Brennan yet? :cool:

Rod Gardner - he kept showing tiny tiny little signs of something.

How about that 1,000 yard season in 2002 catching balls from clowns like Wuerfel, Ramsey, and Matthews that convinced everyone he was here to stay? :rolleyes:

Think about it though. When's the last time we had a true "Franchise Quarterback"? Sonny was the last one, but we got him in a trade. Joey T. as also a trade from the Dolphins. We have NEVER drafted an Elway, Manning, Marino, Montana, Brady, Favre type QB. I would love to have a franchise QB that is in the top 5 of all categories every year for 12 years. We always rely on trade (Sonny, Joey T), castoffs (Williams), scrubs (Schroeder) and late round picks (Rypien) to take us to the SB. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ONE? WHEN IS IT OUR TURN? Sorry to yell. I just watch other teams ride their QB's to glory and ours taking sacks.

SF had Montana and Young back to back. Dallass had Staubach and Aikman and looks like they found another. The Colts have had Unitas and now Manning. The Packers had Starr and Favre. Screw the lines, I want a franchise QB.

When I think about this topic, I think about a thread awhile back that had Beathard talking about how if Marino had dropped to us, he would've scooped him up instantly. Can you imagine how different history would be if Marino was a Redskin? Paired with Gibbs, he probably would've won multiple rings, we would've absolutely dominated the rest of the 80s and early 90s, and now we'd be the ones struggling still to replace him after all these years. :laugh:

I mean, considering what Gibbs managed to do with guys you mentioned like Williams, Schroeder, Rypien, imagine what he could've done with a truly elite talent like Marino ...?

It really makes you wonder what could've been possibly been if Shula was dumb enough to pass on him ... *sigh* :(

IIRC we almost landed John Elway in a trade from Denver before 1991, now we know that Rypien took us to the SB and the rest was history, but I've always wondered what would have happened with John Elway, maybe Gibbs 1 would have stuck around for a few more years. Elway was Mobile and with the Hogs in front of him could have gotten that SB ring years earlier. Maybe by the time Gibbs 1 retired, Norvo the clown would have sunk his reputation somewhere else.

As for players I was on the bandwagon for I'd have to say I wanted Ramsey in the 2002 draft, uggh. I supported :gus:, and I thought that Alvin Harper= Superbowl. I also liked Steve Spurrier and thought that Dallas would be ****ing about the Ole' Ball Coach running the score up on them. Boy was I wrong

Archived