Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Fans, Kenny Phillips to wear # (merged)

Skinz248

Hey may have taken that number because of Deion, he may have taken it because thats the number he wanted and someone else already had the number he wanted, or he may be wearing it to honor ST. In all honesty I hope he is wearing to honor ST because of being a member of the U and paying his respects. If that is in fact the reason then I will definitely be rooting for him when he plays the Cowboys and Eagles :silly:

philips will be a good safety. Must all redskins fan put every player down that doesnt play for the redskins?

Dont make me bump the 300 threads on drafting philips with the 21st pick.:doh:

whether he will be good or not, he doesn't appear to be the phenomenal athlete that ST was.

Reasons for people linking the two together:

Both are safties

Both from the U

Both taken in the first round

And now, Phillips is wearing 21.

Thats about all they will have in common.

No way he lays the wood like ST. Everyone can agree on that.:gaintsuck

Not sure I understand why a Giant Safety is putting any kind of pressure on himself by wearing #21. If he was on the Skins I could see it but I seriously doubt the Giant fanbase has even thought about it other than why they gave away Tiki's numbers so quickly.

He wore 21 to honor ST, not try to be like him.

Plus, he will be better than a lot of you guys think, maybe not ST but he will be good.

And yes, I think if ST was still here, he would be one of the best safeties ever. It is a shame.

RIP ST

Time for the new U #21 , KP!

Kill em Kenny!

I really think you guys messed up not drafting Kenny.

Plus, he will be better than a lot of you guys think, maybe not ST but he will be good.

And yes, I think if ST was still here, he would be one of the best safeties ever. It is a shame.

RIP ST

Kill em Kenny!

I think Phillips will be a good safety but the closest thing to

Sean Taylor is already in a Redskins uniform.

And his name is Laron Landry. :notworthy

RIP ST

Kill em Kenny!

Safety wasn't a big need in the first rd. We did fine in day 1. But Kenny is a beast and I think he'll be good.

Why is this even a thread? #21 doesn't mean the same thing to other teams as it does to us. Do we have linebackers wearing #56? Should the Giants be mad at us for daring to wear LT's number? Or how about the Cardinals being mad at the entire league for letting other teams wear Pat Tillman's number?

Some of you are really stretching for ways to get offended. I miss having Taylor on the team as much as anyone, but this is ridiculous.

Why is this even a thread? #21 doesn't mean the same thing to other teams as it does to us. Do we have linebackers wearing #56? Should the Giants be mad at us for daring to wear LT's number? Or how about the Cardinals being mad at the entire league for letting other teams wear Pat Tillman's number?

Some of you are really stretching for ways to get offended. I miss having Taylor on the team as much as anyone, but this is ridiculous.

Yeah... Its a little out there for us to be upset that a guy on another team is wearing Seans number... It boggles my mind that people think other teams shouldnt allow someone to not wear a number that means something to this team. Once someone on the Redskins wears that number, then you can say something.

I don't see what the big deal is.

If you (Post starter) are going to jump on Phillips, will you also have a problem with Antrell Role wearing # 21 and playing FS as well? Because that's what he's doing to....

Id feel different if we drafted him. He wore number 1 in college and they need a number in the 20s so 21 is a good fit. I think hell be a good safety but Laron is hands down the best safety in the division. O yeah and the last #21 from the Giants killed us every game.

Already? After 1 year you say this? Come on....:doh:

Not yet, maybe one day but not yet.

Archived