Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Fans, Kenny Phillips to wear # (merged)

Skinz248

The history of numerology dates back nearly as far as the history of numbers. Humankind doesn't really change' date=' does it?

What's odd is that for years, every young d-back took #21 to emulate Deion. I wonder if they will all take it now because of Sean. Or will it just be the Miami guys?

The same thing is going to happen in the NBA with #23. It was Jordan's number, but soon everyone will simply associate it with Lebron.[/quote']

Lombardi, that was my number when I played ball. I remember seeing Deion wearing it for the Falcons back in 1989 and I fell in love with the #21. Also, since I'm a Michigan fan, one of my favorite players on the team to wear it was Desmond Howard and every since that, I fell in love with 21. But to say that he can't wear #21 because of ST is a blank statement. skinsfan made a point, there are certain numbers you are not allowed to wear and $42 is definetly one in baseball.

the only way 23 in basketball gets associated with lebron is if he wins more rings that jordan. I don't see that ever happening. 23 is always jordans number.

as for 21, i think its great kenny is wearing 21 to honor a guy he looked up to and tried to model his game after. After a few years im not sure if guys will choose it just for Sean or just for the hell of it.

Even for an eight-year-old currently falling in love with the game, who wasn't alive when Jordan was Jordan (discounting his years in Washington), but will live to see the next 18 years of Lebron playing ball?

the only way 23 in basketball gets associated with lebron is if he wins more rings that jordan. I don't see that ever happening. 23 is always jordans number.

as for 21, i think its great kenny is wearing 21 to honor a guy he looked up to and tried to model his game after. After a few years im not sure if guys will choose it just for Sean or just for the hell of it.

I think only Redskins fans will associate 21 with Sean Taylor after a few years... People will probably pick the number due to one of two players:

Deion Sanders

Ladainian Tomlinson

Even for an eight-year-old currently falling in love with the game, who wasn't alive when Jordan was Jordan (discounting his years in Washington), but will live to see the next 18 years of Lebron playing ball?

A lot of people on ExtremeSkins (me included) don't remember Doug Williams playing, but we still associate #17 with him...

A lot of people on ExtremeSkins (me included) don't remember Doug Williams playing, but we still associate #17 with him...

Because you are Skins fans.

How many other people do you think do the same?

How many Skins fans revere #12 the way I do?

How many football fans under 30 (or even 40) think #19 should be retired from the entire NFL, like my Dad does?

Just because people of our age will always associate 23 with Jordan, does not mean that everyone for all time will do the same. Things just don't work that way.

Archived