Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst album by your favorite band?

Spaceman Spiff

but Houses of the Holy is the worst for me.

I just can't really get in to Houses of the Holy, I know people are probably scratching their heads. No Quarter drags on, it's hard to listen to more than once a year. The rest of the album is so uppity and happy. Even the song about Robert's son is so playfully happy. "The Ocean" is a song I try to avoid whenever I hear it, which is about 50 times a day. And Dancing Days is like listening to a badly-tuned violin...although it's probably my favorite track on the album.

I don't know man, I like that album. I see where you're coming from with The Ocean and Dancing Days...but the Song Remains the Same is up there for me, and d'yer mak'r and No Quarter were tight too. I like the intro bit to over the hills and far away too.

But Dancing Days no doubt made me go WTF?

So I was listening to my iPod in my car today and put on St. Anger by Metallica cause I hadn't listened to it for awhile...and was quickly reminded why I hadn't.

It'd probably be a pretty good album if it were a band other than

Metallica...but after listening to Master of Puppets right before...well, it just doesn't hold a candle. It pretty much sucks...I guess that's the reason that they don't play any of the songs from that album in concert.

I was thinking of Hendrix, but the man never put out a bad album. :)

Anyway, what are your suggestions?

I agree 1000%:applause:

Presence is down near the bottom, but Houses of the Holy is the worst for me.

Man, Houses of the Holy is great. The Rain Song is probably my favorite Led Zeppelin song, right up there with Ten Years Gone and Kashmir.

Pearl Jam-Binaural...not a big fan.

St. Anger

Honestly, the songs are pretty good live because they don't have that ****ing pots/pans drumming. I enjoy whatever St. Anger songs they play live, but I can't really listen to the CD versions...it's the only metallica album I dislike.

The Clash - "Cut the Crap," which was their final studio album. However, it's a Clash album in name only since Mick Jones and Topper Headon did not take part in it. The Clash lineup at that time was Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon and three fill-in musicians. The songs were subpar to say the least.

For me it was "Diver Down."

Both of you are way off . Fair Warning is one of their weaker albums, but it does have "Unchained" which is a great song, as well as "Hear About it Later" which is also pretty good. "Diver Down" has some great songs too - "Hang 'Em High" "Secrets" and their covers of "Where Have All the Good Times Gone" and "Pretty Woman" were pretty good - especially the intro to "Pretty Woman" - "Intruder" is a interesting instrumental piece.

I haven't heard all of Van Halen III, but "Balance" doesn't have a single redeeming song on it, and I actually own the album. I think OU812 is also pretty weak, but haven't heard the whole album and it at least has "When Its Love"

Slayer's Haunting the Chapel, it was their first so at least I can say they got better over time

You are wrong in every possible way. Haunting the Chapel is an EP released between their 2nd disc "Hell Awaits" and the legendary 3rd disc "Reign in Blood". Also, "Haunting" ****ing rules.

Back to the question. Black Sabbath is my fave band and all the albums that I consider to be "Sabbath - pre-85" are great. So I'll go with these two terrible examples...

316YBQ7C6TL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Risk - Megadeth. The definition of sell-out. St. Anger is 100X better than this

2004_vanhalen.jpg

Van Hagar. Why Eddie? Why?!?

Loved Fair Warning...it's raw and nasty. Mean Street, So This Is Love, Unchained, Sinner's Swing, Hear About It Later are all great songs. There was only really one Sammy song that I loved and it was Human's Being. Even though the chorus was weak, Eddie was SICK on that song. The solos were awesome.

St. Anger I like, but the DVD sounds so much better than the CD.

How about the Spaghetti Incident? Even though a covers album, there was some big time crap on that. They did a cool version of Hair of the Dog, but I think that's the only highlight on there.

Both of you are way off . Fair Warning is one of their weaker albums, but it does have "Unchained" which is a great song, as well as "Hear About it Later" which is also pretty good. "Diver Down" has some great songs too - "Hang 'Em High" "Secrets" and their covers of "Where Have All the Good Times Gone" and "Pretty Woman" were pretty good - especially the intro to "Pretty Woman" - "Intruder" is a interesting instrumental piece.

QUOTE]

Oh sweet Jesus. Sorry . I saw VH in '80, '81, '82, and '84. Diver down (love Little guitars) and 1984 were okay albums, but Fair Warning and Women and Children first were more gritty.

PLEASE don't bring up "When it's Love" or anything Van Hagar related. :jerk:

St. Anger

This album was so bad compared to the other Metallica albums that, they barely played anything from st. Anger live.

When I saw them play at the Vet for Summer Sanitarium not much longer after St. Anger came out, guess how many St. Anger songs Metallica played?

One, they played Frantic.

They played at least 2 songs from Puppets, Ride the Lightning, And Justice and a bunch from Black album and Load/Reload during the set.

I think even Metallica felt that St. Anger didn't live up to Metallica standards.

St. Anger

Honestly, the songs are pretty good live because they don't have that ****ing pots/pans drumming. I enjoy whatever St. Anger songs they play live, but I can't really listen to the CD versions...it's the only metallica album I dislike.

St Anger does suck, but to be honest at least they're kinda trying on that one. It's misguided and doesn't turn out great, but it's no worse than Load or Load II. What a bunch of junk-poor Metallica's been putting out terrible music for like 15 years now.

Ah...I miss the days when they were an actual Metal band...instead of this very very poor hard rock imitation.

Anything Slayer did after that album of punk covers.

Anything Metallica did after "And Justice for All"

Anything Megadeth did after "Countdown to Extinction".

Three of the greatest metal bands ever at their height, all practically unlistenable now.

Archived