Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst album by your favorite band?

Spaceman Spiff

So I was listening to my iPod in my car today and put on St. Anger by Metallica cause I hadn't listened to it for awhile...and was quickly reminded why I hadn't.

It'd probably be a pretty good album if it were a band other than Metallica...but after listening to Master of Puppets right before...well, it just doesn't hold a candle. It pretty much sucks...I guess that's the reason that they don't play any of the songs from that album in concert.

I was thinking of Hendrix, but the man never put out a bad album. :)

Anyway, what are your suggestions?

So I was listening to my iPod in my car today and put on St. Anger by Metallica cause I hadn't listened to it for awhile...and was quickly reminded why I hadn't.

It'd probably be a pretty good album if it were a band other than Metallica...but after listening to Master of Puppets right before...well, it just doesn't hold a candle. It pretty much sucks...I guess that's the reason that they don't play any of the songs from that album in concert.

I was thinking of Hendrix, but the man never put out a bad album. :)

Anyway, what are your suggestions?

Ironically, St. Anger was the album that immediately popped into my head when I saw the thread title.

Stormbringer - Deep Purple. I like bits and pieces of it but the band was edging towards melt down. One track Blackmore hated so much he only agreed to play on it if they laid down the solo he wanted to play - carried out with his thumb on one string.....

Presence- Zeppelin.

Presence is down near the bottom, but Houses of the Holy is the worst for me.

Presence has Nobody's Fault but Mine, and Achilles Last Stand...two fine pieces of work. Tea For One is also a nice tune to chill with a nice drink and a woman to.

I just can't really get in to Houses of the Holy, I know people are probably scratching their heads. No Quarter drags on, it's hard to listen to more than once a year. The rest of the album is so uppity and happy. Even the song about Robert's son is so playfully happy. "The Ocean" is a song I try to avoid whenever I hear it, which is about 50 times a day. And Dancing Days is like listening to a badly-tuned violin...although it's probably my favorite track on the album.

Making Physical Graffiti after that album makes them sound like two different bands.

Now...In Through the Out Door was just stank doo-doo.

Dang, I like almost every song on that album besides Carouselambra and I'm Gonna Crawl. A few of those tunes are heavy as hell. In the Evening and South Bound Saurez are a back to back thunderstorm of soul. I also enjoy listening to Hot Dog, it's pretty darn funky.

Ironically, St. Anger was the album that immediately popped into my head when I saw the thread title.

Same here. Loved the concept but was a little underwhelmed with the snare sound and general repetition in the songs...without solos...huh? i still like the album, but it has some serious flaws.

Saturday Night Wrist by Deftones. It had some good songs like "Hole in the Earth", "Cherry Waves" and "Kimdracula" but compared to other cds I was definitely disappointed with it.

Also Versions by Poison The Well. That album was just flat out terrible after the previous one was their best one. I was so excited about this but when I heard the track leaks online :puke:

Dang, I like almost every song on that album besides Carouselambra and I'm Gonna Crawl. A few of those tunes are heavy as hell. In the Evening and South Bound Saurez are a back to back thunderstorm of soul. I also enjoy listening to Hot Dog, it's pretty darn funky.

I dig Houses of the Holy, but I can see where you're coming from. No Quarter always sounded like a Pink Floyd song to me, but I do like it.

I'll have to listen to In Through the Out Door again.

I was really into Linkin Park when they put out Hybrid Theory and Reanimation. Meteora was listenable, but a bit of a let down with only a few good tracks.

Then came Minutes to Midnight ... :doh:

The only song I enjoy listening to on that album is Bleed it Out. Everything is so below their skill level it's so dissapointing.

Archived