Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst album by your favorite band?

Spaceman Spiff

The Clash - "Cut the Crap," which was their final studio album. However, it's a Clash album in name only since Mick Jones and Topper Headon did not take part in it. The Clash lineup at that time was Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon and three fill-in musicians. The songs were subpar to say the least.

Good call. At best there are only one or two songs on that album that are even remotely listen-able. Great band otherwise, though.

U2's "Zooropa"

It has it's moments, but it's clearly outtakes from "Achtung Baby".

I never really liked Zeppelin's "In Through The Out Door".. again it has it's moments, but it just doesn't sound like a Led Zeppelin album at all to me.

~Bang

test for echo by rush. what the heck happened!?!?!?!

Big RUSH fan here. I was going to say Test for Echo also or Vapor Trails. I wasn't real impressed with either. Test was a pretty cheesy album by them. No substance. I think they rebounded very well with Snakes and Arrows, but I like the old school RUSH. Anything from Roll the Bones on back with Hold Your Fire being my favorite of all.

Test for Echo is close to the worst album, but not quite. "Driven" is a halfway decent jam. The title track is pretty good, too. "Resist" isn't terrible.

I vote for Roll the Bones, with Hold Your Fire in a close second.

How can you say Hold your Fire was their 2nd worst? It's probably my favorite of their newer stuff. I consider anything before Hold Your Fire to be their old/Metal stuff. HYF was one of their most powerful albums put out.

I can't stand phony RUSH fans (not saying you) who can only quote Tom Sawyer and Limelight as their favorites. I've seen them in concert about 6 times including last year in Charlotte. They are coming back here again this summer, but I have too much on my plate to go see them again.

And as a lifelong RUSH fan, I'll have to say I wasn't impressed with the song selection in their last concert. They got the most applause when they played old stuff.

Roll the Bones was a strange album for them. I think they tried to get in on the hip-hop/rap craze of the mid 90's. Dreamline is a good song as is Bravado and the Big Wheel. You bet your life is OK also.

One song on Moving Pictures that I really love is Witch Hunt. I think it is one of their most underated songs.

I'm turning this into a RUSH discussion, but I hate that the Radio stations play one of 3 songs. Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Working Man. Working Man is not that great to me. I guess because they've overplayed it. My top 3 songs would be Red Barchetta, 2112 (Temples of Syrinx in part II) and Red Sector A.

Does any solo album by timberland count? Fool me once buy a timberland album... Fool me twice... aww shucks... you ain't got me three times!!!!

I've been hoodwinked again...damn Timbaland.

Here is mine..anything after 36 Chambers from Wu Tang that double disk was a damn double flop :doh:

U2's "Zooropa"

It has it's moments, but it's clearly outtakes from "Achtung Baby".

I never really liked Zeppelin's "In Through The Out Door".. again it has it's moments, but it just doesn't sound like a Led Zeppelin album at all to me.

~Bang

I actually really like Zooropa, but everything after that has been awful especially the last two stinkers "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". I had some free itunes that I used to get "Atomic Bomb" based on Vertigo and with the exception of that song I feel ripped off.

I'm turning this into a RUSH discussion, but I hate that the Radio stations play one of 3 songs. Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Working Man. Working Man is not that great to me. I guess because they've overplayed it. My top 3 songs would be Red Barchetta, 2112 (Temples of Syrinx in part II) and Red Sector A.

I'm not a big Rush fan but I always liked "The Trees" and "Free Will".

I haven't heard all of Van Halen III, but "Balance" doesn't have a single redeeming song on it, and I actually own the album. I think OU812 is also pretty weak, but haven't heard the whole album and it at least has "When Its Love"

Well, I was going to say Diver Down but you raise a good point here. Honestly I stopped buying VH albums after For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge so I can only consider what I've heard.

A lot of hate for Van Hagar in this thread. I liked most of that stuff to be honest. Liked the David Lee Roth stuff too.

And yeah, Fair Warning is a hell of a good album.

How can you say Hold your Fire was their 2nd worst? It's probably my favorite of their newer stuff. I consider anything before Hold Your Fire to be their old/Metal stuff. HYF was one of their most powerful albums put out.

I consider Signals to be the end of their classic style. Hold Your Fire doesn't do anything for me. In fact, I only hold Grace Under Pressure and Presto up to everything before Signals. Sure, I'm 'one of those' old-school Rush fans, but they've seriously turned towards a very basic approach compared to their young days. I can live off that stuff for the rest of my life. I disagree Hold Your Fire can touch anything before Signals, but to each his own.

I can't stand phony RUSH fans (not saying you) who can only quote Tom Sawyer and Limelight as their favorites. I've seen them in concert about 6 times including last year in Charlotte. They are coming back here again this summer, but I have too much on my plate to go see them again.

And as a lifelong RUSH fan, I'll have to say I wasn't impressed with the song selection in their last concert. They got the most applause when they played old stuff.

That's awesome, saw them at Nissan for the Vapor Trails tour. 'Twas a BADASS second set. The first set was littered with songs I didn't go there to hear.

Roll the Bones was a strange album for them. I think they tried to get in on the hip-hop/rap craze of the mid 90's. Dreamline is a good song as is Bravado and the Big Wheel. You bet your life is OK also.

One song on Moving Pictures that I really love is Witch Hunt. I think it is one of their most underated songs.

Witch Hunt is definitely awesome, but I think "The Camera Eye" goes even more unnoticed. That song is sick as hell. There are so many gems it'd take forever to discuss them all. For example, Cygnus X-1 off of Farewell to Kings is one of the more phenominal music pieces ever created.

I like Temples of Syrinx to get a nice rush, no pun intended, but Oracle: The Dream and Soliloquy have really grown on me. I think the end of 2112 (the song) has slowly become my favorite part.

I love Twilight Zone and Something for Nothing so much...Passage to Bangkok is great, too. Obviously, Rush is my favorite band. :)

As far as the radio, yup, put The Spirit of Radio in there, too. I love Working Man, because Alex Lifeson rips the living hell out of that song. Geddy sings so great on the original Rush album. Working Man is one of my faves. Not big on Red Sector A, however. When it comes to Grace Under Pressure, Afterimage and The Enemy Within are where it's at, for me.

Well, I was going to say Diver Down but you raise a good point here. Honestly I stopped buying VH albums after For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge so I can only consider what I've heard.

A lot of hate for Van Hagar in this thread. I liked most of that stuff to be honest. Liked the David Lee Roth stuff too.

And yeah, Fair Warning is a hell of a good album.

I actually enjoy the covers they did on Diver Down. Otherwise, the album is poop. They should have made a song out of that jam before Pretty Woman called Intruder. I always loved listening to that like 5 times in a row as a kid.

I'll second "Balance" being Van Halen's worst album. Although, I have yet to listen to Van Halen III.

Archived